Singapore Expats Forum

PR rejected 4 times

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ahdahboo
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed, 31 Aug 2011

PR rejected 4 times

Postby ahdahboo » Mon, 07 Jul 2014 5:34 pm

Hi all,

At this point I'm just adding to the statistics. So basically I've been here for seven years, annual income 50k on S pass. I'm married to a Singaporean Chinese but the biggie is I'm holding a Vietnamese passport. He earns about 70k which translatse to a household income of 120k. We've been married for two years and in a de facto relationship for two years before that. Both of us are degree holders, I'm 27, he's 31, in prime years of our life.

Rejected 4 times, no reason indicated. Well I shouldn't have kept my hopes of clamping roots here up too high.

I strongly believe a clear guideline on PR lottery should be published as this whole thing does seem like a wild goose chase to us. This is frustrating and very family unfriendly, so we've taken a bold step and bid farewell to all this tarantantee. It is not about PR approval, it is about fair and transparent practice to all residents alike. It is indeed shady to not lift the curtains up and let those who have been pooled since forever, not knowing if they will ever make it (too much poetry? pardon me)

We're moving to Sydney next year. We'll spend our money somewhere else that welcomes us as a family.

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Re: PR rejected 4 times

Postby nakatago » Mon, 07 Jul 2014 5:38 pm

ahdahboo wrote:It is not about PR approval, it is about fair and transparent practice to all residents alike. It is indeed shady to not lift the curtains up and let those who have been pooled since forever, not knowing if they will ever make it (too much poetry? pardon me).


It was never about fairness in the first place.

It's about what the gahmen wants. And what the gahmen wants is high-earning people who will settle down and contribute to the racial quotas that they want and keeping the criteria for those secret so that no one can complain about them "breaking the rules." Publishing the rules means that people can game the system and gahmen doesn't want anyone "outsmarting" them.

No one can outsmart them if no one knows the "rules."

ahdahboo
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed, 31 Aug 2011

Re: PR rejected 4 times

Postby ahdahboo » Mon, 07 Jul 2014 5:42 pm

nakatago wrote:
ahdahboo wrote:It is not about PR approval, it is about fair and transparent practice to all residents alike. It is indeed shady to not lift the curtains up and let those who have been pooled since forever, not knowing if they will ever make it (too much poetry? pardon me).


It was never about fairness in the first place.

It's about what the gahmen wants. And what the gahmen wants is high-earning people who will settle down and contribute to the racial quotas that they want and keeping the criteria for those secret so that no one can complain about them "breaking the rules." Publishing the rules means that people can game the system and gahmen doesn't want anyone "outsmarting" them.

No one can outsmart them if no one knows the "rules."


I know la... I also no gahmen comprain also no use one :p comprain only mah...

I only insisted on Singapore PR because of my aged parents back home, or I would have fled a long time ago...

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5764
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Location: Sinkapore

Re: PR rejected 4 times

Postby PNGMK » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 12:53 am

ahdahboo wrote:
nakatago wrote:
ahdahboo wrote:It is not about PR approval, it is about fair and transparent practice to all residents alike. It is indeed shady to not lift the curtains up and let those who have been pooled since forever, not knowing if they will ever make it (too much poetry? pardon me).


It was never about fairness in the first place.

It's about what the gahmen wants. And what the gahmen wants is high-earning people who will settle down and contribute to the racial quotas that they want and keeping the criteria for those secret so that no one can complain about them "breaking the rules." Publishing the rules means that people can game the system and gahmen doesn't want anyone "outsmarting" them.

No one can outsmart them if no one knows the "rules."


I know la... I also no gahmen comprain also no use one :p comprain only mah...

I only insisted on Singapore PR because of my aged parents back home, or I would have fled a long time ago...


What do your aged parents back home in VN have to do with PR in Singapore? Zero benefit to them as a far as I can see?

Good luck in Sydney.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: PR rejected 4 times

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 7:19 am

PNGMK wrote:[]

What do your aged parents back home in VN have to do with PR in Singapore? Zero benefit to them as a far as I can see?

Good luck in Sydney.


I too don't get the connection between parents in VN vs SG PR ..

anyway if OP had made a baby, the chances would have multiplied ....

To OP.

why aren't making no baby?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35168
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 7:47 am

Probably the closeness to Singapore, they can make weekend flights back to VN easily and inexpensively. Same reason a lot of the Indians who worked in the US like to try to score a spot in Singapore. Gets them close without having to actually living there.

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6842
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 7:58 am

Have any of your 'friends' from Vietnam ever had trouble at ICA and used your name or a "letter" from you to get in? Your FIN may be tainted.

Otherwise, they probably think you bought your marriage. Plenty of nice young gay Singaporean Chinese guys in that income bracket that would welcome a little supplemental income. Give it another year or two and/or a kid then try again.

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6842
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 7:59 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Probably the closeness to Singapore, they can make weekend flights back to VN easily and inexpensively. Same reason a lot of the Indians who worked in the US like to try to score a spot in Singapore. Gets them close without having to actually living there.


It's why I lived there, and would possibly again in the future.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35168
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 8:24 am

:)

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2825
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 8:33 am

zzm9980 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Probably the closeness to Singapore, they can make weekend flights back to VN easily and inexpensively. Same reason a lot of the Indians who worked in the US like to try to score a spot in Singapore. Gets them close without having to actually living there.


It's why I lived there, and would possibly again in the future.


lived where? :-|
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6842
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 8:35 am

rajagainstthemachine wrote:
zzm9980 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Probably the closeness to Singapore, they can make weekend flights back to VN easily and inexpensively. Same reason a lot of the Indians who worked in the US like to try to score a spot in Singapore. Gets them close without having to actually living there.


It's why I lived there, and would possibly again in the future.


lived where? :-|

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5272
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 8:40 am

zzm9980 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Probably the closeness to Singapore, they can make weekend flights back to VN easily and inexpensively. Same reason a lot of the Indians who worked in the US like to try to score a spot in Singapore. Gets them close without having to actually living there.


It's why I lived there, and would possibly again in the future.


You know that that empty chair at The Juban Stand is always be available for you :P

ahdahboo
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed, 31 Aug 2011

Re: PR rejected 4 times

Postby ahdahboo » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 10:24 am

ecureilx wrote:
PNGMK wrote:[]

What do your aged parents back home in VN have to do with PR in Singapore? Zero benefit to them as a far as I can see?

Good luck in Sydney.


I too don't get the connection between parents in VN vs SG PR ..

anyway if OP had made a baby, the chances would have multiplied ....

To OP.

why aren't making no baby?


That is a lot of BS to begin with, we only plan to have a baby after settling down with housing and PR (you know, it allows you to work part time while taking care of your family). Forcing one to produce a baby just for the sake of getting PR is a seriously distorted point of view.

We love babies by the way, but only after we could afford our first home. We could not just produce one with me not being able to work part time on my PR and give the kid a shit life competing with everyone at school (too bad we don't meet the policy's expectation of racking millions and are happy with one and a half income)

ahdahboo
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed, 31 Aug 2011

Postby ahdahboo » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 10:25 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Probably the closeness to Singapore, they can make weekend flights back to VN easily and inexpensively. Same reason a lot of the Indians who worked in the US like to try to score a spot in Singapore. Gets them close without having to actually living there.


*Ding ding* you got it right

ahdahboo
Member
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed, 31 Aug 2011

Postby ahdahboo » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 10:34 am

zzm9980 wrote:Have any of your 'friends' from Vietnam ever had trouble at ICA and used your name or a "letter" from you to get in? Your FIN may be tainted.

Otherwise, they probably think you bought your marriage. Plenty of nice young gay Singaporean Chinese guys in that income bracket that would welcome a little supplemental income. Give it another year or two and/or a kid then try again.


Dude I don't have a lot of Vietnamese friends and they're all loaded, most only lived here for less than a year then flew off to better places. Please don't mix the educated ones with those people at Geylang. FYI people who come here to work and study are a different crowd. It's the same as a white dude saying Annabelle Chong represents the whole female population of Singapore.

You can't just use someone's name/FIN without sufficient proof or witness, ICA is not a circus (well unless... any plot twist I'm not aware of?)

We tried twice. Once after we were married, second time after a while. We're done. Anyway, the bought marriage theory makes sense, but since they bother to keep us in the dark despite this being a genuine marriage for two years, we don't have to keep coming back and begging them.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests