Singapore Expats

What is the Average Pay (Salary) for Dependant Pass Holders?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: What is the Average Pay (Salary) for Dependant Pass Holders?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 11 May 2015 8:48 am

$0.00
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Re: RE: Re: What is the Average Pay (Salary) for Dependant Pass Holders?

Post by Wd40 » Mon, 11 May 2015 2:26 pm

karthik29nov wrote:Hey guys,

I'm working in India but in the process of getting a transfer to Singapore. My wife is a M.Tech from a highly reputed university in India and earns quite high. If she starts looking for a job in singapore, will there be bias against her since she would be a dp holder?

It depends on industry, but if you say high salary then I don't think she will have a problem in getting an EP if her skill is in demand.

But why do you highlight her Mtech instead of talking about her skills and industry. Only freshers should talk about education, after couple of years of experience it doesn't matter whether you do mtech or bsc from reputed or unreputed. This is true in India as well, so I am surprised so many Indians talk about reputed universities instead of their skills.

My friend is a senior manager in a big MNC here and he did only a Bcom and that too not reputed. There are also so many director level people who only have diplomas, in India.

BTW, how reputed are we talking about? Did your wife go to IIT, BITS pilani?

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Re: What is the Average Pay (Salary) for Dependant Pass Holders?

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Mon, 11 May 2015 3:52 pm

karthik29nov wrote:Hey guys,

I'm working in India but in the process of getting a transfer to Singapore. My wife is a M.Tech from a highly reputed university in India and earns quite high. If she starts looking for a job in singapore, will there be bias against her since she would be a dp holder?
lolz
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late