Singapore Expats Forum

SPR Processing Time

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34782
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: SPR Processing Time

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 24 Feb 2015 9:43 pm

You want to play-play with ICA? Go ahead. :roll:

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: SPR Processing Time

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 24 Feb 2015 9:45 pm

here4good wrote:Hi there,

I have now been waiting for over 16 months :o Applied in the last week of Oct 2013 :)

Also, I wanted to check why we would need to update the ICA regarding the new passport being issued? I applied for a new re-entry permit - would that not suffice? :???:

Appreciate your input on this.


this thread is about SPR processing, and you say you got a REP issued.

Confused I am - can you explain that ?

and, why you need to update ICA re: new passport ? simple answer - their game, their rules

Seriously, why would you not tell ICA that you have a new travel document ? ICA tracks your departure and arrival based on your PP, right ??

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: SPR Processing Time

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 24 Feb 2015 10:29 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:You want to play-play with ICA? Go ahead. :roll:


+1 :)

here4good
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue, 29 Apr 2014

Re: SPR Processing Time

Postby here4good » Wed, 25 Feb 2015 7:40 am

@sms - haha! It is not about play-play, but I was assuming that since they have the PR info., since the REP has to be re-issued, the passport details will also be automatically picked up. Nonetheless, I have no issues submitting the passport details to them.

@ecurelix - the reason I mentioned PR is because the re-entry permit had to be re-issued with the new travel document. And since it technically comes from the ICA, I figured they would have made the link to the new passport for the citizenship application.

That said, I will be updating the details. I have no reason to withhold this info. :D

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34782
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: SPR Processing Time

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 25 Feb 2015 7:56 am

This is Singapore. Never assume anything. They might have the most advanced computer systems in the world but at the end of the day, they are being used by local civil servants. :-k :-|

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5266
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: SPR Processing Time

Postby the lynx » Wed, 25 Feb 2015 8:57 am

here4good,

Did you know that each passport book has a unique number? :roll:

The reason you need to update is because ICA will issue REP based on the passport details you submitted in your application (if you get approved). So better update ICA promptly if you have new passport while your PR application is still pending. Otherwise you will find yourself having to do double-work once REP is issued. Or try using your REP (of your old passport) with your new passport and you will find yourself ejected from the auto-immigration kiosk.

nlr3169
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat, 21 Feb 2015

Re: SPR Processing Time

Postby nlr3169 » Wed, 25 Feb 2015 1:21 pm

here4good wrote:Hi there,

I have now been waiting for over 16 months :o Applied in the last week of Oct 2013 :)

Also, I wanted to check why we would need to update the ICA regarding the new passport being issued? I applied for a new re-entry permit - would that not suffice? :???:

Appreciate your input on this.


Our current PASSPORT and its number should definitely be notified to ICA as it forms the valid travel document for our stay and work in this country. Also if the SPR is approved and issued with your Old passport you need to notify them again for the change in PP number. Better do that during this arduous waiting time. This is my assumption only.

nlr3169
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat, 21 Feb 2015

Re: SPR Processing Time

Postby nlr3169 » Tue, 03 Mar 2015 6:29 pm

Hai all. I got my PR approved yesterday and I have 2 months time to complete the formalities. Took exactly 6.5 months. What a relief!

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34782
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: SPR Processing Time

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 03 Mar 2015 8:00 pm

See Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus! :mrgreen:

Congratulations. Please don't abuse it. :-|

nlr3169
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat, 21 Feb 2015

Re: SPR Processing Time

Postby nlr3169 » Wed, 04 Mar 2015 11:50 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:See Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus! :mrgreen:

Congratulations. Please don't abuse it. :-|


What do you mean? Did not understand your Virginia thing.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34782
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: SPR Processing Time

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 04 Mar 2015 12:08 pm

nlr3169 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:See Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus! :mrgreen:

Congratulations. Please don't abuse it. :-|


What do you mean? Did not understand your Virginia thing.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yes,_Virgi ... anta_Claus

nlr3169
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat, 21 Feb 2015

Re: SPR Processing Time

Postby nlr3169 » Wed, 04 Mar 2015 1:40 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
nlr3169 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:See Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus! :mrgreen:

Congratulations. Please don't abuse it. :-|


What do you mean? Did not understand your Virginia thing.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yes,_Virgi ... anta_Claus


I do not want the google search find. What relevance has it got with this forum. Dont play moral police about abuse. Be explicit.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34782
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: SPR Processing Time

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 04 Mar 2015 5:39 pm

Oh, lookie here, an newbie with an attitude. :cool:

coolkiwi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed, 09 Apr 2014

Re: SPR Processing Time

Postby coolkiwi » Mon, 07 Sep 2015 4:32 pm

At last our PR approved. Thank God

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34782
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: SPR Processing Time

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 07 Sep 2015 5:20 pm

Congratulations coolkiwi! It would seem there are a run on approvals lately. Good news for a lot of you.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests