Singapore Expats

Batam Airport - any experiences?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Fortan
Chatter
Chatter

Batam Airport - any experiences?

Post by Fortan » Thu, 03 Jul 2014 11:55 am

Planning on sending our helper back to Pekanbaru in Indonesia in August for a couple of weeks. Ticket price with SilkAir is 400$ so been looking for alternatives.

The best one I have been able to find is putting her on a boat to Batam. Then I expect she can get a taxi at the ferry terminal to Batam Airport and fly out from there. Apparently a return ticket on a Citilink flight from there is only 62$.

Any experiences using that airport ?

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Batam Airport - any experiences?

Post by the lynx » Fri, 04 Jul 2014 8:57 am

Fortan wrote:Planning on sending our helper back to Pekanbaru in Indonesia in August for a couple of weeks. Ticket price with SilkAir is 400$ so been looking for alternatives.

The best one I have been able to find is putting her on a boat to Batam. Then I expect she can get a taxi at the ferry terminal to Batam Airport and fly out from there. Apparently a return ticket on a Citilink flight from there is only 62$.

Tiger Airways flies to Pekan Baru. Cheaper than Silk Air in general.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 04 Jul 2014 9:17 am

Is she hooked up IT-wise, as my thinking is she (and her circle) might be well able to determine how to get best value.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Batam Airport - any experiences?

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 04 Jul 2014 11:31 am

Fortan wrote:Planning on sending our helper back to Pekanbaru in Indonesia in August for a couple of weeks. Ticket price with SilkAir is 400$ so been looking for alternatives.

other than the fact the accidents that happened there, happened due to Dodgy operators, the airport is as safe .. as it should be

Garuda Citilink is cheap domestically

Does Lion Air fly to Pekanbaru ?

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Fri, 04 Jul 2014 1:27 pm

SilkAir is $320 from SIN, Lion Air is $100 SGD from BTH, +$30 for Ferry, +$10-15x2 for taxi... While I acknowledge it is less than half the price, is the $150sgd you save really worth the hassle for your helper?