Singapore Expats

PR application - update details

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Sergei82
Editor
Editor

PR application - update details

Post by Sergei82 » Mon, 30 Jun 2014 10:12 am

My marital status has changed, PR application is pending. Can anyone tell me is it possible to update my details in ICA? I can't find any information about it.

Should I make a 2nd e-appointment with them and bring the marriage certificate in person?

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: PR application - update details

Post by the lynx » Mon, 30 Jun 2014 10:38 am

Sergei82 wrote:My marital status has changed, PR application is pending. Can anyone tell me is it possible to update my details in ICA? I can't find any information about it.

Should I make a 2nd e-appointment with them and bring the marriage certificate in person?
Congratulations! When's the honeymoon?

You can e-mail scanned copy to [email protected]

You do not have to make another appointment. At the very least, you can do a drop-in application at the box at the lobby of ICA to update your status. Make sure you state the reference number for ease of processing.

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Mon, 30 Jun 2014 11:29 am

I just came back from Miami this night. Honeymoon is over, back to office. :mrgreen:

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Mon, 30 Jun 2014 11:34 am

ooooh...

miami. hot and wet. the weather i mean... really!
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Mon, 30 Jun 2014 12:05 pm

taxico wrote:ooooh...

Hot, but BY FAR less humid compared to Singapore, so I enjoyed it a lot. :)

Storm almost every evening this time of the year, but it doesn't matter if you schedule beach and sightseeing activities for the beginning of the day and early afternoon, and shopping/clubbing/dining for the evening. And it also doesn't rain that much (at least seems like) further inland or to the West (storm didn't affect us when we were in Orlando and Key West), we were also lucky to avoid rain when we were in Bahamas.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Mon, 30 Jun 2014 12:09 pm

Congratulations! did you use a lot of rubber?
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Mon, 30 Jun 2014 2:24 pm

Sergei82 wrote:

Storm almost every evening this time of the year, but it doesn't matter if you schedule beach and sightseeing activities for the beginning of the day and early afternoon, and shopping/clubbing/dining for the evening. And it also doesn't rain that much (at least seems like) further inland or to the West (storm didn't affect us when we were in Orlando and Key West), we were also lucky to avoid rain when we were in Bahamas.
i grew up in south miami... during the wild coke days of the 80s. glad you enjoyed it - it's certainly come a long way from what i remembered.

if you had gone a little later, the weather would have been hotter and wetter and stormier.

is the forum to expect news of a sergeilet soon?
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Mon, 30 Jun 2014 2:27 pm

taxico wrote:
Sergei82 wrote:

i grew up in south miami... during the wild coke days of the 80s. glad you enjoyed it - it's certainly come a long way from what i remembered.

if you had gone a little later, the weather would have been hotter and wetter and stormier.

is the forum to expect news of a sergeilet soon?
Sergeichka would be more appropriate.
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Mon, 30 Jun 2014 2:57 pm

Disregarding questions about rubber and sergeilets, if you want, I can create a thread later and share the impressions comparing it to what I have in Singapore. But this thread is meant to be for my PR application details update only. :)

In any case, 10 days was really not enough for Miami alone, not talking about Orlando (I spent 1 day there, but I think one should be there at least for 3 weeks to enjoy it to full extent). Plus, there is a million other things to do and see in Florida that worth visiting it for many times.

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Mon, 30 Jun 2014 5:49 pm

Sergei, is you wife Singaporean? If yes, its a very big material impact and you must take advice from ICA. If not, then well, you still need to get advice from them, but I dont think its going to have much of an impact.

There is similar thread in which Mi Amigo has mentioned the ICA email address. You can email them.

In my case my job changed, my passport number changed and my address changed. When I emailed ICA, they replied back only confirming that they are updating my new home address, other than that they didnt say anything, which is why I think, it didnt matter.

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Tue, 01 Jul 2014 9:01 am

She is Singaporean. What kind of a big material impact it is and what exactly it impacts???

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Tue, 01 Jul 2014 1:11 pm

Being a spouse of a Singaporean gives you added weight in your PR application. So it is very important you notify MoM and ask them about the next steps. Email them your marriage cert and your spouse details.

BTW, congratulations on your marriage and all the best for your PR application!

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Tue, 01 Jul 2014 1:15 pm

Thanks. :)

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Tue, 01 Jul 2014 4:28 pm

Hey Sergei - congratulations!

This is the email address I used previously:

[email protected]
Be careful what you wish for

Brah
Manager
Manager

Post by Brah » Tue, 01 Jul 2014 7:58 pm

Hey! Congrats.

Wow, Florida. Never been, think I would like the weather, but not the hicks, from what I hear about it.