SINGAPORE EXPATS FORUM
Singapore Expat Forum and Message Board for Expats in Singapore & Expatriates Relocating to Singapore
Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
* The Brazilian Jô (Atletico Mineiro) is the soccer player with the shortest name ever at a World Cup soccer tournament.
* Brazil has twice as many Chelsea players in its soccer squad for the World Cup 2014 as England: 4 to 2.
* Alberto Zaccheroni, currently coach of team Japan, played in his soccer career for arch-rivals AC Milan and Internazionale. The Italian now selected one player of each club for his World Cup squad: Keisuke Honda of AC Milan and Yuto Nagatomo of Inter
* No country has won the Eurovision Song Contest and the World Cup in the same year. In 1982, West Germany was close by winning the song contest, but the German soccer team lost the World Cup final in Spain against Italy. This year it will not happen either, because Eurovision winner Austria did not qualify for the World Cup in Brazil.
* With an average age of 25 years, the South Korean team for World Cup 2014 in Brazil is the youngest squad in the history of the Asian country in a World Cup soccer tournament.
* On the contrary, Brazil has a squad of an average age of 28 years at the World Cup 2014. This is for the third time in a row, before 2006 this never happened.
* The Russian preselection holds a name who was present at the last World Cup in which Russia participated 12 years ago: Alexander Kerzhakov of Zenit Saint Petersburg.
* Should German soccer player Miroslav Klose (Lazio Roma) come to score at the World Cup in Brazil, then he equals Ronaldo as a player who scored the most goals in World Cup tournaments. Ronaldo scored 15 goals, Miroslav Klose 14 goals until now...
- Similar Topics
- Last post
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest