Singapore Expats

The Road not taken.. do you have any?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Re: The Road not taken.. do you have any?

Post by Akimbo » Mon, 30 Jun 2014 10:29 am

taxico wrote:
Akimbo wrote:
taxico wrote: raj (and everybody else who made a decision to reject a career in medicine):

it's never too late to go to med school. although it may not be what you had envisioned but it's still an open option for many people. it usually becomes a very fulfilling career for mature candidates...
I thought of that too, although after awhile I don't really want to become a doctor, but seems that all the actions come with being a nurse instead, or being an EMT.

I think NUH has those Bachelor of Nursing thing, and I've been looking at the courses, but they're just so darn expensive...I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to get scholarships, or part-time nursing job while doing the nursing degree that can help pay the uni bills...
what's your nationality?

http://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_web/h ... ation.html
Indonesian

I recall that the entire course at one of the colleges costs somewhere around $30k or something...trying to figure out how to get that kind of money to pay the course and also live just like how I am today (but maybe lesser)
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 30 Jun 2014 10:32 am

QRM wrote:
JR8 wrote:"A man is not old until his regrets take the place of his dreams"
Funny that in London I had this really old boy neighbour 87 years old, he was a very well respected Islamic scholar, a real eloquent gent with a bow tie, always impeccably dressed.

Just before he died he pulled me over wanting to give me some advice, I thought here is a man that would give Gandhi and the Dalai Lama a run for their money, I braced myself much like Mary when Gabriel first appeared.

The holy grail answer to life was? He wished he F*cked more women when he was able and told me never to end up like him. LOL I nearly fell off my seat the crudeness and simplicity was so unexpected, hilarious and kind of sad.
I died LOL-ing at this.

taxico
Director
Director

Re: The Road not taken.. do you have any?

Post by taxico » Mon, 30 Jun 2014 11:32 am

Akimbo wrote:...trying to figure out how to get that kind of money to pay the course and also live just like how I am today (but maybe lesser)
i'm not entirely sure how non-SC/PRs can land a scholarship but i'll ask around (plenty from PRC that were schooled here).

perhaps ecure might be able to shed some light...
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 30 Jun 2014 11:47 am

the lynx wrote:
QRM wrote:
JR8 wrote:"A man is not old until his regrets take the place of his dreams"
Funny that in London I had this really old boy neighbour 87 years old, he was a very well respected Islamic scholar, a real eloquent gent with a bow tie, always impeccably dressed.

Just before he died he pulled me over wanting to give me some advice, I thought here is a man that would give Gandhi and the Dalai Lama a run for their money, I braced myself much like Mary when Gabriel first appeared.

The holy grail answer to life was? He wished he F*cked more women when he was able and told me never to end up like him. LOL I nearly fell off my seat the crudeness and simplicity was so unexpected, hilarious and kind of sad.
I died LOL-ing at this.
He is right, you know... no man ever went to his death bed thinking he got too much pussy in life.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 30 Jun 2014 12:11 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
the lynx wrote:
QRM wrote: Funny that in London I had this really old boy neighbour 87 years old, he was a very well respected Islamic scholar, a real eloquent gent with a bow tie, always impeccably dressed.

I died LOL-ing at this.
He is right, you know... no man ever went to his death bed thinking he got too much pussy in life.
Unless the cause of death was an STD perhaps.. :D

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Mon, 30 Jun 2014 6:43 pm

Or an axe wielding wife.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 30 Jun 2014 7:59 pm

Lots of Thai men have that problem, Hannie. Or so I've been told. The women up there are really fond of giving their wayward husbands a Bobbitt.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 01 Jul 2014 3:29 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Lots of Thai men have that problem, Hannie. Or so I've been told. The women up there are really fond of giving their wayward husbands a Bobbitt.
Not surprised. I have a few Thai female friends who I no doubt fit that perfectly. On changes her WhatsApp status 1-3 times a week, and I swear it alternates between "I Love you Forever" to "F*cking hate you and hope you die". Intended for her ang moh boyfriend, who I have no doubt is practicing the wise Imam's advice. :D

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Tue, 01 Jul 2014 10:04 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Lots of Thai men have that problem, Hannie. Or so I've been told. The women up there are really fond of giving their wayward husbands a Bobbitt.
you make it sound like this is a routine haircut :o
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late