Singapore Expats Forum

PR application: How about past achievements?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
npone
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 26 Jun 2014
Location: Singapore

PR application: How about past achievements?

Postby npone » Thu, 26 Jun 2014 1:27 am

Hi everyone,

I'm browsing the threads and notice that most of the information are about race, education level, marital status, and salary. So I'm a bit curious: Are past achievements even taken into account for PR approvals, when there's a whole section on the form for these? By "achievements" I'm refering to something like winning art prizes, authoring books, being promoted to director positions from a very young age etc.

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5758
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Location: Sinkapore

Re: PR application: How about past achievements?

Postby PNGMK » Thu, 26 Jun 2014 6:15 am

npone wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm browsing the threads and notice that most of the information are about race, education level, marital status, and salary. So I'm a bit curious: Are past achievements even taken into account for PR approvals, when there's a whole section on the form for these? By "achievements" I'm refering to something like winning art prizes, authoring books, being promoted to director positions from a very young age etc.


Well, yes, provided it's obvious these are truly on merit and not by self serving interests... (i.e. joining a grassroots to look good = no advantage).

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6842
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Thu, 26 Jun 2014 6:26 am

"Awarded most favorite first born son by my mother seven out of ten years!"

npone
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 26 Jun 2014
Location: Singapore

Re: PR application: How about past achievements?

Postby npone » Thu, 26 Jun 2014 10:52 am

PNGMK wrote:Well, yes, provided it's obvious these are truly on merit and not by self serving interests... (i.e. joining a grassroots to look good = no advantage).


Could you expand the "truly on merit" part? For example, what kind of achievements might be appreciated, and what not? Sorry, I'm new to both the forum and Singapore...

npone
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 26 Jun 2014
Location: Singapore

Postby npone » Thu, 26 Jun 2014 10:54 am

zzm9980 wrote:"Awarded most favorite first born son by my mother seven out of ten years!"


I LOL'ed.

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5758
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Location: Sinkapore

Re: PR application: How about past achievements?

Postby PNGMK » Thu, 26 Jun 2014 11:07 am

npone wrote:
PNGMK wrote:Well, yes, provided it's obvious these are truly on merit and not by self serving interests... (i.e. joining a grassroots to look good = no advantage).


Could you expand the "truly on merit" part? For example, what kind of achievements might be appreciated, and what not? Sorry, I'm new to both the forum and Singapore...


If you can't work that out then I'm afraid PR may be out of your grasp.

User avatar
taxico
Director
Director
Posts: 3190
Joined: Sat, 10 May 2008
Location: Existential dilemma!

Re: PR application: How about past achievements?

Postby taxico » Thu, 26 Jun 2014 11:15 am

npone wrote:
PNGMK wrote:Well, yes, provided it's obvious these are truly on merit and not by self serving interests... (i.e. joining a grassroots to look good = no advantage).


Could you expand the "truly on merit" part? For example, what kind of achievements might be appreciated, and what not? Sorry, I'm new to both the forum and Singapore...


nobel prize winner.

(multiple) patent holder - useful, not rubbish, patents.

OR... the ability to improve a country's overall birth rate (or perhaps increasing athletes' gold medal haul) in a very short amount of time.

basically, if you're a high achiever or have extraordinary abilities, you'd have stuff to put down there.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

npone
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu, 26 Jun 2014
Location: Singapore

Postby npone » Thu, 26 Jun 2014 10:36 pm

Thanks guys.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests