Singapore Expats Forum

Ltvp extension after working on an EP

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:
Image
The Club Residences

Londonbrian
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 25 Jun 2014
Location: Singapore

Ltvp extension after working on an EP

Postby Londonbrian » Wed, 25 Jun 2014 2:26 pm

I have been working in singapore on an ep since dec2013 , my job finished unexpectedly after 7months ... I will receive a LTVP for 1 month from July 1 2014 , my ep ends 30th June 2014 ... I will look for another job in singapore but it may take me longer than 30days ... I will try until mid august if not return home to london ,

Is it possible to me tend an LTVP for an extra 30 days from 1st august .. ..?
Should I leave and just come back after 5 days or should I liaise with imigration before etc

Thanks all

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Ltvp extension after working on an EP

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 25 Jun 2014 2:47 pm

Londonbrian wrote:I have been working in singapore on an ep since dec2013 , my job finished unexpectedly after 7months ... I will receive a LTVP for 1 month from July 1 2014 , my ep ends 30th June 2014 ... I will look for another job in singapore but it may take me longer than 30days ... I will try until mid august if not return home to london ,

Is it possible to me tend an LTVP for an extra 30 days from 1st august .. ..?
Should I leave and just come back after 5 days or should I liaise with imigration before etc

Thanks all


LTVP is for spouse / family of SC / PR ..

you will get an Social Visit Pass, SVP

Svp upon cancellation is not extended from what I know.

however if you are UK passport holder as your Name indicates do a 5 day visit in Malaysia or Indonesia or Philippines (if you don't mind the cold weather here in Ph I may host you .. kidding)

when you return you should get a 30 day or 90 visa

there is nothing to liaise with ICA ...

Londonbrian
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 25 Jun 2014
Location: Singapore

Postby Londonbrian » Wed, 25 Jun 2014 2:54 pm

Ok thx

Yes I'm English on a uk passport ,
So I will get an svp !!!my wife was here on a dp will she get an svp also ?

Thanks for the clarity , I'm sure my ex company told me I would get an ltvp for one month to allow me to get my stuff out

But I trust your information

Cheers

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 25 Jun 2014 3:25 pm

Londonbrian wrote:Ok thx

Yes I'm English on a uk passport ,
So I will get an svp !!!my wife was here on a dp will she get an svp also ?

Thanks for the clarity , I'm sure my ex company told me I would get an ltvp for one month to allow me to get my stuff out

But I trust your information

Cheers


your wife's DP is tied to your EP, so it will also be cancelled and An SVP issued ...

NOT LTVP, SVP, tell your employer

are you their first foreign employee ?

Londonbrian
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 25 Jun 2014
Location: Singapore

Postby Londonbrian » Wed, 25 Jun 2014 3:56 pm

No They have plenty of foreigners

I've had nothing in writing from them I just thought they said Ltvp .. But if is usual to receive a svp after the termination of an ep I guess I thought wrong

Thx

Btw my wife is japanese would the situation regarding the 5 day departure and return be the same for her ?

Thanks again

User avatar
Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1791
Joined: Sat, 19 Jun 2004
Location: Kinto Pino

Postby Mi Amigo » Thu, 26 Jun 2014 4:49 pm

Londonbrian wrote:No They have plenty of foreigners

I've had nothing in writing from them I just thought they said Ltvp .. But if is usual to receive a svp after the termination of an ep I guess I thought wrong

Thx

Btw my wife is japanese would the situation regarding the 5 day departure and return be the same for her ?

Thanks again

Yes, SVP (Social Visit Pass, equivalent to what a visitor gets when they fill out the white card on arrival) is the standard for when a EP is cancelled. And as others have commented, it is not extendable so you have to leave Singapore before it expires. But you should be OK to get another SVP if you go on a holiday and come back.

I would imagine your wife would also have no problem to obtain another SVP on return from a holiday. However, please be careful about doing more 'visa runs' after that. You don't want to be flagged up as a potential 'SVP abuser' in the system as this might have repercussions for any future EP application that a prospective new employer might make. There has been a lot of discussion on this subject on the forum over many years, so do a search if you want more information on that.

Good luck in your job search. As an aside, you might also like to seek out the thread that PNGMK started about LinkedIn.
Be careful what you wish for

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35101
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 26 Jun 2014 8:50 pm

I believe that LinkIn thread was started with his old nick of OSOD.

User avatar
Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1791
Joined: Sat, 19 Jun 2004
Location: Kinto Pino

Postby Mi Amigo » Thu, 26 Jun 2014 10:22 pm

By Jove, you're right there SMS...

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic89985.html
Be careful what you wish for


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests