Singapore Expats

Best gym around raffles place

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
Lec9

Best gym around raffles place

Post by Lec9 » Tue, 24 Jun 2014 1:58 pm

Hello! Has anyone any idea of which gym around raffles place is great? Virgin active sounds great but is it really worth the price? I am looking to just join a gym for zumba classes. California fitness has only limited zumba classes from what i saw. Can anyone give me any suggestion which gym to join if i sign up primarily for the zumba classes, and wanna get the most bang out of my buck? thanks a lot!

ohmz52
Regular
Regular

Post by ohmz52 » Tue, 24 Jun 2014 9:37 pm

True fitness is very good
It's 4 floors of gym located inside chevron house
The grass is greener on the other side.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Best gym around raffles place

Post by the lynx » Wed, 25 Jun 2014 8:35 am

Lec9 wrote:Hello! Has anyone any idea of which gym around raffles place is great? Virgin active sounds great but is it really worth the price? I am looking to just join a gym for zumba classes. California fitness has only limited zumba classes from what i saw. Can anyone give me any suggestion which gym to join if i sign up primarily for the zumba classes, and wanna get the most bang out of my buck? thanks a lot!
If you are only looking for zumba classes, these gyms are not suitable for you. You should go for zumba-only studios like 1fiesta or Zinga Fitness. You can google them up.

Lec9

Post by Lec9 » Wed, 25 Jun 2014 10:39 am

thank you. the two gyms you listed are pretty far from raffles place. I am looking to zumba during the lunch hours. maybe, true fitness is a good choice?

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 25 Jun 2014 10:59 am

Lec9 wrote:thank you. the two gyms you listed are pretty far from raffles place. I am looking to zumba during the lunch hours. maybe, true fitness is a good choice?
I have tried California Fitness, Fitness First and True Fitness. While they have Zumba, they only have it for one day during lunch hours and they have other stuff on other days like yoga, pilates, and some Les Miles programmes.

You have to be prepared that you will have to do non-zumba on other lunch days to get the mileage off your expensive gym membership.

vinny70s

Post by vinny70s » Fri, 23 Oct 2015 1:31 pm

Lec9 wrote:Hello! Has anyone any idea of which gym around raffles place is great? Virgin active sounds great but is it really worth the price? I am looking to just join a gym for zumba classes. California fitness has only limited zumba classes from what i saw. Can anyone give me any suggestion which gym to join if i sign up primarily for the zumba classes, and wanna get the most bang out of my buck? thanks a lot!
Fitness First would be great - a little pricier though.

BUT - they have many more outlets and also really clean facilities.

My experience with other gyms really turned me off - people there are too salesy.

con_george

Post by con_george » Fri, 23 Oct 2015 4:25 pm

I second that about Fitness first and they probably have a lot more group classes around lunch hours though not necessarily Zumba. Also note that it tends to be a lil crowded around lunch hours

jeremydreis

Post by jeremydreis » Sat, 21 Nov 2015 9:43 pm

If you are more keen on only zumba classes, what about Physical ABuse? They're at Dhoby Ghaut area and have a well-equiped gym as well.

marimil1975

Post by marimil1975 » Fri, 27 Nov 2015 7:58 am

Hi, any recommendations concerning yoga / pilates?

linda_goh

Post by linda_goh » Sun, 27 Dec 2015 9:38 pm

marimil1975 wrote:Hi, any recommendations concerning yoga / pilates?
u can try Pure fitness. Finds their lessons really good and interesting. But the parking is the one which would probably kill you while u work out.

Confusedpat

Post by Confusedpat » Mon, 04 Apr 2016 4:55 pm

Virgin active is worth the price. I have been enrolled for almost a year and its worth every single dollar. From all modern equipment's to relaxing facilities.

Donald87

Post by Donald87 » Sat, 03 Dec 2016 3:35 pm

Check out this list of the best gyms in Singapore. Hope it will help