Singapore Expats

PR Application Question @_@

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Clive Lim

PR Application Question @_@

Post by Clive Lim » Fri, 20 Jun 2014 12:37 pm

Hi All

I had submitted my PR application on 14th March 2014, status as now is still pending, just curious if I got intension to change my company and what if happened my S Pass can't be get in new company, will my PR application rejected ?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 20 Jun 2014 2:18 pm

Possibly. It's a good reason for sitting tight until you have PR. Normal people don't make a move until after they get it. Now with the rules for issue of working visas being even more stringent, I reckon someone who tried to job hop while a PR app is pending deserves to land in the soup. It was pretty normal for people to desert like rats from a sinking ship from their companies AFTER getting PR, but because of abusers, a lot of companies refuse to sign Annex A's for the obvious reason. This is why the ICA no longer holds up apps without Annex A's as they realize the applicant will probably screw their current employer after they get it. Now the odds of being shafted has shifted, fortunately, back onto the employee.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Clive Lim

Post by Clive Lim » Fri, 27 Jun 2014 12:51 pm

Ya, this what in my mind too, but the problem is my company seen like close down soon, so I got no choice have to change a new job. What I worries is if my new company only apply work permit for me :-(

Clive Lim

Post by Clive Lim » Tue, 01 Jul 2014 7:41 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Possibly. It's a good reason for sitting tight until you have PR. Normal people don't make a move until after they get it. Now with the rules for issue of working visas being even more stringent, I reckon someone who tried to job hop while a PR app is pending deserves to land in the soup. It was pretty normal for people to desert like rats from a sinking ship from their companies AFTER getting PR, but because of abusers, a lot of companies refuse to sign Annex A's for the obvious reason. This is why the ICA no longer holds up apps without Annex A's as they realize the applicant will probably screw their current employer after they get it. Now the odds of being shafted has shifted, fortunately, back onto the employee.

So if happened my new company only apply work permit for me, is my application still valid ?

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 01 Jul 2014 8:21 pm

Clive Lim wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Possibly. It's a good reason for sitting tight until you have PR. Normal people don't make a move until after they get it. Now with the rules for issue of working visas being even more stringent, I reckon someone who tried to job hop while a PR app is pending deserves to land in the soup. It was pretty normal for people to desert like rats from a sinking ship from their companies AFTER getting PR, but because of abusers, a lot of companies refuse to sign Annex A's for the obvious reason. This is why the ICA no longer holds up apps without Annex A's as they realize the applicant will probably screw their current employer after they get it. Now the odds of being shafted has shifted, fortunately, back onto the employee.

So if happened my new company only apply work permit for me, is my application still valid ?
That means you will be showing them that you are downgraded from S Pass to WP. Not a desirable thing to prove to Singapore. Try to find a better job that gives you same S Pass or higher.

Clive Lim

Post by Clive Lim » Wed, 02 Jul 2014 1:49 pm

the lynx wrote:
Clive Lim wrote:

That means you will be showing them that you are downgraded from S Pass to WP. Not a desirable thing to prove to Singapore. Try to find a better job that gives you same S Pass or higher.

Thanks for ur replied, as now govement is tighten the Foreigner quota and increasing levy fee, a lot of company choose to hiring local instead. Hope can get a new job with better future.

jiajia0529

Re: PR Application Question @_@

Post by jiajia0529 » Tue, 19 Aug 2014 8:14 pm

Clive Lim wrote:Hi All

I had submitted my PR application on 14th March 2014, status as now is still pending, just curious if I got intension to change my company and what if happened my S Pass can't be get in new company, will my PR application rejected ?
mine submitted on 25 apr, still pending, planning to change a job but PR still being processed. but i will still try to send resume to potential employer. good luck

Clive Lim

Post by Clive Lim » Tue, 19 Aug 2014 8:36 pm

jiajia0529 wrote:

mine submitted on 25 apr, still pending, planning to change a job but PR still being processed. but i will still try to send resume to potential employer. good luck

My situaration same as you, my employer wan to closure his business soon, so I need to look for a new job, but seem like S Pass or foreigner very hard to get a job now?

jiajia0529

Post by jiajia0529 » Tue, 19 Aug 2014 9:13 pm

Clive Lim wrote:
jiajia0529 wrote:

My situaration same as you, my employer wan to closure his business soon, so I need to look for a new job, but seem like S Pass or foreigner very hard to get a job now?
ya think quite hard
cz i subscribed for jobstreet priority application to feature my resume on recruiter mainbox. even if the job adv doesnt state the requirement of PR/local, however when i tried to submit the application, there is a pop up msg saying "this job requires PR/local which doesn't match your profile, so your application will not be featured"

Clive Lim

Post by Clive Lim » Tue, 19 Aug 2014 9:25 pm

jiajia0529 wrote:
Clive Lim wrote:
jiajia0529 wrote: mine submitted on 25 apr, still pending, planning to change a job but PR still being processed. but i will still try to send resume to potential employer. good luck

ya think quite hard
cz i subscribed for jobstreet priority application to feature my resume on recruiter mainbox. even if the job adv doesnt state the requirement of PR/local, however when i tried to submit the application, there is a pop up msg saying "this job requires PR/local which doesn't match your profile, so your application will not be featured"

same as me, I submitted my resume more than hundred thru JobStreet, no reply yet

jiajia0529

Post by jiajia0529 » Tue, 19 Aug 2014 9:48 pm

Clive Lim wrote:
jiajia0529 wrote:
Clive Lim wrote:
ya think quite hard

same as me, I submitted my resume more than hundred thru JobStreet, no reply yet
me too... unless referred by friend, thn will be easy
i also submitted more than hundreds resume thru jobstreet and jobsdb
recently applying through linkedin, still waiting news ...

Clive Lim

Post by Clive Lim » Wed, 20 Aug 2014 2:03 pm

Any others portal can find a job? Or have u try to look for job agency ?

jiajia0529 wrote:
Clive Lim wrote:
jiajia0529 wrote: ya think quite hard

me too... unless referred by friend, thn will be easy
i also submitted more than hundreds resume thru jobstreet and jobsdb
recently applying through linkedin, still waiting news ...

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Sun, 14 Sep 2014 11:20 pm

I also submitted mine on 14 march 2014. Still waiting as well. Let me know when your result comes through and I will do the same with mine :)

Based on the people around me the wait nowadays seems to be roughly 8 months.