Singapore Expats

Shipping Pet Supplies into Singapore

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
arepass

Shipping Pet Supplies into Singapore

Post by arepass » Thu, 19 Jun 2014 12:01 am

Hi there, I will be moving to Singapore mid July and am taking two cats with me. I've done a bit of research on the cost of cat food and litter in Singapore and would like to ship these items bulk along with our furniture.

Does anyone have any experience doing this? Will we have problems with customs? I don't want them to think we are bringing it in to sell.

uscate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by uscate » Thu, 19 Jun 2014 9:47 am

We shipped bunch of cat litter (24 jugs, if i remember correctly), as the scoopable litter which we use wasn't readily available (although it can be found). We didn't bring over a ton of dry food, as that is available here (although at roughly $18/bag, it is pricey). While here, I did find a place that delivers kitty litter (which is awesome, considering the weight of the stuff).

There was no problem with customs.

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Thu, 19 Jun 2014 10:29 am

I wouldn't bring too much food. Things go off here, few places have central air so it's damp and you'll get roaches.

arepass

Post by arepass » Thu, 19 Jun 2014 10:41 am

I appreciate your input. I was second guessing buying so much litter if it was just going to get taken away during customs!

uscate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by uscate » Thu, 19 Jun 2014 2:01 pm

Please be sure to have your cats' transport and stay in quarantine all set. This is a paperwork nightmare, and must be planned to the "t."

Good luck with your move! :)

uscate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by uscate » Thu, 19 Jun 2014 4:16 pm

Yes, really no reason to bring more than a few bags of cat food and maybe a case or so of tins (we brought this much with no problem). We were able to buy Friskies at the FairPrice, and I think they sell Meow Mix as well. But it is expensive!