Singapore Expats

Inheritance tax in singapore

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
gharris

Inheritance tax in singapore

Post by gharris » Mon, 16 Jun 2014 1:07 am

what is the Inheritance tax in singapore for citizens and PR
carpadiem

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 16 Jun 2014 3:26 am

It varies. When did the person die? If it is after Feb 15th, 2008, in most cases no:
http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page04.aspx?id=1174

If you inherited property in Singapore and sell it within a year, you're liable for SSD:
http://www.iras.gov.sg/irashome/page04.aspx?id=10208

How do I know this? Am I a tax expert? No, but I know how to use google.

gharris

Post by gharris » Mon, 16 Jun 2014 4:50 am

Uk IHR threshold is £325K and 40% for every pound above this.
the very reason why westerner rush over to singapore to be citizen of a small city state.Beside the low income tax and cheap al fresco dining there really is not very much singapore has to offer.
singapore has become a tax haven for very rich....the monaco of Asia
carpadiem

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 16 Jun 2014 7:57 pm

gharris wrote:Uk IHR threshold is £325K and 40% for every pound above this.
the very reason why westerner rush over to singapore to be citizen of a small city state.Beside the low income tax and cheap al fresco dining there really is not very much singapore has to offer.
singapore has become a tax haven for very rich....the monaco of Asia
Piss off and die.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 16 Jun 2014 8:13 pm

gharris, if you want to be taken at face value, you could at least learn spell your signature correctly.

It's 'carpe diem'
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

gharris

Post by gharris » Tue, 17 Jun 2014 3:53 pm

Foreigners may lose their citizenship when they acquire singapore nationality but it is not in their original country's constitution..therefore they can always get it back once you are done in singapore.30 years ago westerners decry the same autocratic government,one party state,lack of freedom of speech,the Internal security department's power to imprison its citizens for voicing their discontent.Tell me you are not there because of the money or you expats just love to support such government that don't exist in the west world
carpadiem

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Tue, 17 Jun 2014 5:05 pm

gharris wrote:Foreigners may lose their citizenship when they acquire singapore nationality but it is not in their original country's constitution..therefore they can always get it back once you are done in singapore.30 years ago westerners decry the same autocratic government,one party state,lack of freedom of speech,the Internal security department's power to imprison its citizens for voicing their discontent.Tell me you are not there because of the money or you expats just love to support such government that don't exist in the west world
And you're telling us all of this because...??? :roll:

You started by asking a question, which zzm9980 answered, then you went on to share your confused and pointless diatribes. Are you a spammer, troll, local whinger, or all of the above?
Be careful what you wish for

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Wed, 18 Jun 2014 12:01 am

Mi Amigo wrote:
gharris wrote:Foreigners may lose their citizenship when they acquire singapore nationality but it is not in their original country's constitution..therefore they can always get it back once you are done in singapore.30 years ago westerners decry the same autocratic government,one party state,lack of freedom of speech,the Internal security department's power to imprison its citizens for voicing their discontent.Tell me you are not there because of the money or you expats just love to support such government that don't exist in the west world
And you're telling us all of this because...??? :roll:

You started by asking a question, which zzm9980 answered, then you went on to share your confused and pointless diatribes. Are you a spammer, troll, local whinger, or all of the above?
Sounding like all of the above, definitely the local part.