Singapore Expats

Bl.ood st.ained Singapore

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Fortan
Chatter
Chatter

Bl.ood st.ained Singapore

Post by Fortan » Sat, 14 Jun 2014 8:55 am

Worst piece of racist drivel I have ever read in my life. Hope someone reports the person who wrote this to the authorities here. He/she deserves everything that is coming……

http://www.bloodstainedsg.blogspot.sg/2 ... 5.html?m=1

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sat, 14 Jun 2014 11:05 am

That's a rather bizarre website in toto.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Blood stained Singapore

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 14 Jun 2014 11:11 am

Fortan wrote:Worst piece of racist drivel I have ever read in my life. Hope someone reports the person who wrote this to the authorities here. He/she deserves everything that is coming……

http://www.bloodstainedsg.blogspot.sg/2 ... 5.html?m=1
I wish you didn't publish the URL and give the moron what he wants, i.e. more publicity and traffic

a few friends posted this on Facebook before removing the link than give free publicity ....

Fortan. did you get my PM in an unrelated matter?

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 14 Jun 2014 11:29 am

Why they do hate the Filipinos that much? Is it this psychic phenomena that if one mistreats somebody but still has some traces of decency to have remorse this one then blames the victims for the discomfort the remorse causes?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 14 Jun 2014 11:49 am

x9200 wrote:Why they do hate the Filipinos that much? Is it this psychic phenomena that if one mistreats somebody but still has some traces of decency to have remorse this one then blames the victims for the discomfort the remorse causes?
its a cycle I believe

years ago PRCs were so hated till some locals even cruel had a joke, like, if you see a PRC on the road do you stop or run her down? answer... run her down as there are too many of them. that also was the time many PRC girls were known as husband Snatchers to grab the CPF ... and one too many KTV girl did get run over ...

then the target was Indians and all things Indian looking

now Filipinos are on the firing line, as more of them are in frontline jobs, and CS .. and are seen to be stealing jobs ... (its another matter that a few Filipinos are SC .. so????) I always ask these angry guys who stole their jobs, when unemployment is so low and it is mostly local SME bosses who Look for cheap labour and depress wages ...

plus the new found freedom to say anything and get away doesn't help much I think

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Post by morenangpinay » Sat, 14 Jun 2014 12:37 pm

1. Reject, and ask for replacement

If you encounter a Pinoy waiter/waitress or customer service officer, tell them this: " Could you kindly ask a Singaporean staff to speak to me? Your standard of English-there is much left to be desired." If the idiot continues rambling on, tell him/her with a smile:" Your English sucks, capisce? Get the freak out of my uncaring face and find me someone else pronto."

Well, I am sorry that my level of English has greatly deteriorated since living in Singapore. In an effort to be at the level of English that the locals deemed acceptable, I am forced to converse in Singlish. Much to my chagrin, it has greatly polluted my grammar. I understand your “uncaring face”

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 14 Jun 2014 12:49 pm

[quote="morenangpinay"]."

That’s a great idea. I’m sure she would answer : “I wouldn’t know, I’m Malay”
Last edited by ecureilx on Sat, 14 Jun 2014 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Sat, 14 Jun 2014 12:53 pm

^
@morenangpinay : that blog was not even worthy of your dissementiation and analysis.
these guys are a waste of time, the rabid hatred outpours only through online mechanisms, they can't put forth their resentment in real life.
I'll borrow a quote from a smashing pumpkins song

despite all my rage, I'm still just a rat in a cage, that line sums up pretty much everything about xenophobic people here.
Last edited by rajagainstthemachine on Sat, 14 Jun 2014 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 14 Jun 2014 1:14 pm

If you are shown a dung laying on the street you can chose either to ignore it or remove it but taking to it in a systematic manner will never make any sense neither for the dung nor the passersby.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 14 Jun 2014 3:28 pm

An irony is that his standard of English is at a level that one suspects he must have lived and or studied abroad. Where ever that was, I wonder if he faced xenophobia, hatred, and cries of 'cockroach!'.

A point I have made before is that Philippinos, as with all foreigners in SG are here by government consent. If you publicly rail against that, you are publicly railing against government policy. He better watch his back.

ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Post by ScoobyDoes » Sat, 14 Jun 2014 3:42 pm

I was trying to get home from KL last Sunday and got caught up in the Filipinos celebrations on Bkt Bintang. Hundreds, on a celebratory march right in the centre of town, music (typically) blaring and so many colours - some I've never seen before.

It was a great spectacle and I couldn't help but think to myself that the guys in Malaysia appear more accommodating and also love a party.

Our beloved blogger needs to understand that if his attitude were to become widespread, many other countries are more than willing to take all the employment, all the money, all the FDI and all the benefit leaving SG to pick up the pieces and crumble to dust.
'When Lewis Hamilton wins a race he has to thank Vodafone whereas in my day I used to chase the crumpet. I know which era I'd rather race in.'

SIR Stirling Moss OBE

BedokAmerican
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BedokAmerican » Sun, 15 Jun 2014 5:13 am

People sometimes feel so inadequate and insecure that their only way to "feel better" is to insult others. I would see this with schoolchildren when I used to teach. Fortunately many people outgrow this type behavior, but some never do.

I would assume (and hope) that whoever posted that doesn't represent the views of most Singaporeans.

Fortan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Fortan » Sun, 15 Jun 2014 4:23 pm

Any expat here flashing the middle finger in front of a camera can almost certainly pack their backs as they will be hung out to dry in public by netizens. However this kind of drivel doesn't seem to have bring any punishment with it. It is laughable. I would honestly think that there would be laws against writing such a horrible, horrible xenophobic post….

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Sun, 15 Jun 2014 6:41 pm

You would think so, Fortan, wouldn't you? And maybe there are laws against this kind of nastiness, but it seems that all the racist bigots amongst the local population are free to post their xenophobic bile with impunity. Meanwhile, any actions by 'FTs' deemed unacceptable (and many of them are unacceptable of course) are pursued with an obsessive virulence and are the trigger for yet more vitriolic hatred.

My theory as to why so many Singaporeans seem to hate Filipinos is that they are actually jealous of them. Obviously this is a generalisation, but based on my experience in many countries, Filipinos tend to be happy, friendly, kind and helpful. The fact that in many (most?) cases they may be a lot less well off than the local population but still have a positive, optimistic outlook on life seems to really irritate those who are stuck in their miserable, materialistic, 'wannabe' mode. Just walk down the street and look at the difference in facial expressions among various groups (in general of course) and you'll see my point.

Edit to add: Someone with the initials D.T. has posted to this thread via their Facebook account with a message to the effect that a person with the initials S.L. is a female. Not sure whether or not that is relevant to the link that Fortan posted.
Be careful what you wish for

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 15 Jun 2014 6:59 pm

Mi Amigo wrote: this is a generalisation, but based on my experience in many countries, Filipinos tend to be happy, friendly, kind and helpful. The fact that in many (most?) cases they may be a lot less well off than the local population but still have a positive, optimistic outlook on life seems to really irritate those who are stuck in their miserable, materialistic, 'wannabe' mode.
err ... part of the frustration is being jealous of Filipinos from informal gossips, is ... like a former colleague who used to go to USA 2 times a year, on business class and advocates the Filipino way of 2 or more vacations a year, and tells the local colleagues they must stop being in a rat race and take vacations .. ... vacations the local colleagues can't afford ... and another ... 6 months in Singapore and got an expensive Prada bag = talk of the town ... and ... another, 1 year in Singapore and gets lasik for both eyes costing 10k or so and brags on facebook...

have you ever seen an under dressed maid ... who looks for fashionable than her mum, at times ?

few Filipinos are materialistic in their own way, and maybe frustrating more than enough (no offense to my filipino friends ... )