Singapore Expats

Bl.ood st.ained Singapore

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 18 Jun 2014 10:54 pm

Blade wrote:Yes, Singapore is a socially stratified nation.But to understand why you really have to know the history of the communal race riots of the 50 & 60s. If you have no reference point then you should just sit down and shut up.

DO you know why we don't allow RACIAL ENCLAVES in any housing estate?
No? go find out then I will explain more.

Quote:"Singapore is the most racist place" ? well that depends alot on what you yourself are? North Indian? you go in this box,AMDK? you go in this box..Pinoy? go in the box..etc.

But,but everyone is guilty of the same thing right?
You are pretty funny. Everybody knows about the bus riots and communal problems of the 60's. Guess what. That was half a century ago. Don't you think people are a little more educated today? We had the same in the use during the same time frame. Sadly, though, according to you, Singaporeans must be genetic idiots if they haven't learned anything in half a century. The HDB policy is Government base Racism. Sadly, with your myopic little malformed mind, you don't seem to see it. YES, it is pragmatic but YES it is still racist in the worse possible way. Eventually, it's going to eat you alive. And NO I'm not Indian.

You do realize that what the Chinese Government has succeeded in doing is making a purely Chinese Racial Enclave of the entire government. Even in the days of communalism the races were a mixture, but yes a specific area might be more heavily populated by a specific race, but with today's racist policies, the only enclave now is the entire Island where 75% of ALL neighbourhoods are Chinese. So, it was pretty damned obvious what the PAP was out to do, just as they did when they created GRCs back in 1988 to "give the minorities representation in government" which was a method so they could have a minority without the minority having any real powers at all as the GRC would be led by a minister and have originally two other MPs of which only one "could" possibly be a minority (but would always be outvoted by the two Chinese MPs. They didn't want to gamble on another Jayaretnam winning Anson or any other Single Seat Consituency.

From the way you talk you must be Chinese as well, am I correct?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Wed, 18 Jun 2014 11:01 pm

yogaloungeforever, it's interesting to see you, a person who has made multiple racist comments about Indian people on this forum, supporting another racist person in this thread.

You seem to have no idea about how the laws against racial discrimination work in the UK. In that country, it's against the law to specify which races, nationalities, religions, etc. are 'acceptable' for job applications, rental tenancies, and so on. The punishments for infringing the law are severe. In Singapore, landlords can state, seemingly with impunity, that they do not want tenants from a particular country or race. It's deplorable that such behaviour should still be be allowed in the 21st century.

It's often said that you can legislate all you want but that doesn't necessarily mean that everyone will follow the law, or that there won't still be racist behaviour by some people. That is the reason for the questions on the form that you mentioned - the data is gathered so that if (for example) a person is suspected of selecting people based on race or nationality, their decisions can be reviewed with reference to the entire application data pool, to determine whether racist actions were likely to have occurred. So the questions are not there to enforce racism, they are there to detect and (as far as possible) prevent it.
Be careful what you wish for

yogaloungeforever
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yogaloungeforever » Wed, 18 Jun 2014 11:07 pm

SMS there was another post by a Malaysian on Singapore on being slowly becoming chinese-dominated. But then again Singapore has always been chinese-dominated. If you see what's happening across the causeway you will understand why the PAP government is retaining that dominance. This was 1 of 2 reasons why Singapore and Malaysia is what it is today. The other reason being that the national front government, at that point of Malaya's governance, was afraid of LKY.

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Blade wrote:Yes, Singapore is a socially stratified nation.But to understand why you really have to know the history of the communal race riots of the 50 & 60s. If you have no reference point then you should just sit down and shut up.

Quote:"Singapore is the most racist place" ? well that depends alot on what you yourself are? North Indian? you go in this box,AMDK? you go in this box..Pinoy? go in the box..etc.

You are pretty funny. Everybody knows about the bus riots and communal problems of the 60's. Guess what. That was half a century ago. Don't you think people are a little more educated today? We had the same in the use during the same time frame. Sadly, though, according to you, Singaporeans must be genetic idiots if they haven't learned anything in half a century. The HDB policy is Government base Racism. Sadly, with your myopic little malformed mind, you don't seem to see it. YES, it is pragmatic but YES it is still racist in the worse possible way. Eventually, it's going to eat you alive. And NO I'm not Indian.

You do realize that what the Chinese Government has succeeded in doing is making a purely Chinese Racial Enclave of the entire government. Even in the days of communalism the races were a mixture, but yes a specific area might be more heavily populated by a specific race, but with today's racist policies, the only enclave now is the entire Island where 75% of ALL neighbourhoods are Chinese. So, it was pretty damned obvious what the PAP was out to do, just as they did when they created GRCs back in 1988 to "give the minorities representation in government" which was a method so they could have a minority without the minority having any real powers at all as the GRC would be led by a minister and have originally two other MPs of which only one "could" possibly be a minority (but would always be outvoted by the two Chinese MPs. They didn't want to gamble on another Jayaretnam winning Anson or any other Single Seat Consituency.

Life is short hence I live it to its fullest, that is .... I eat and sleep

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 18 Jun 2014 11:09 pm

Blade wrote:
We built the SINGAPORE BRAND.It's not something physical like the grotesque MBS or Gardens by the Bay..GET IT?
The Singapore brand? This guy is rich! The Singapore Brand is a lot more insidious. It is a nation of people who go on 4 night 5 days tours and come home thinking they know everything about where they have been to. They export their foul manners & buffet syndrome around the world by plane, train and cruise ship. Their hotel habits are hated to the point the big hotels hate to have them as guests as they know they will steal anything than isn't nailed to the walls or floors "as souvenirs. That my friend, is the Singaporean Brand. Smart in Math & Science and absolute mental midgets when it comes to social graces or morals. Heck, even your posts here exhibit the same traits. So I reckon you can understand this post as it's written with your ilk in mind.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 18 Jun 2014 11:15 pm

Blade wrote:Yup, good remember that..

Derogatory,insulting? you should view some of the anti-Singaporeans sentiments of the web.But we don't go whinging and crying to their Gov.like babies.We too thick skinned lah.

i.e Singaporeans barred form entering Batam for "Talking Singlish too loud".

You want to live here GROW SOME BALLS.
Sadly, local balls are useless and cannot reproduce. Actually, that's probably a blessing. :wink:

We haven't had a real live troll in a long time. Guess you will have to do in the interim till we do get one.

yogaloungeforever
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yogaloungeforever » Wed, 18 Jun 2014 11:18 pm

Mi Amigo wrote:yogaloungeforever, it's interesting to see you, a person who has made multiple racist comments about Indian people on this forum, supporting another racist person in this thread.

Well I have been obvious haven't I and don't hide this fact. Better than hypocritical slimes who smile in front of you and back-stab behind your back!

You seem to have no idea about how the laws against racial discrimination work in the UK. In that country, it's against the law to specify which races, nationalities, religions, etc. are 'acceptable' for job applications, rental tenancies, and so on. The punishments for infringing the law are severe. In Singapore, landlords can state, seemingly with impunity, that they do not want tenants from a particular country or race. It's deplorable that such behaviour should still be be allowed in the 21st century.

Maybe Europe / US does not institutionalize racism but it's practiced. Don't kid me by saying that you can walk down the streets of Europe without being called a chink or paki or you get beaten up for being one. Seriously you are the one here that needs some research on racial discrimination in the UK.

It's often said that you can legislate all you want but that doesn't necessarily mean that everyone will follow the law, or that there won't still be racist behaviour by some people. That is the reason for the questions on the form that you mentioned - the data is gathered so that if (for example) a person is suspected of selecting people based on race or nationality, their decisions can be reviewed with reference to the entire application data pool, to determine whether racist actions were likely to have occurred. So the questions are not there to enforce racism, they are there to detect and (as far as possible) prevent it.
Unless you have been educated in the UK and have applied for jobs there as well, I will rest my case.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 18 Jun 2014 11:22 pm

yogaloungeforever wrote:SMS there was another post by a Malaysian on Singapore on being slowly becoming chinese-dominated. But then again Singapore has always been chinese-dominated. If you see what's happening across the causeway you will understand why the PAP government is retaining that dominance. This was 1 of 2 reasons why Singapore and Malaysia is what it is today. The other reason being that the national front government, at that point of Malaya's governance, was afraid of LKY.

sundaymorningstaple wrote:

As I have stated from the beginning of my time on this board (around 8+ years ago) What they do is pragmatic in their eyes, and up till now, has more or less worked, but that doesn't make it any less racist.

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Wed, 18 Jun 2014 11:31 pm

yogaloungeforever wrote:Unless you have been educated in the UK and have applied for jobs there as well, I will rest my case.
I was born in the UK. I was educated in the UK. I applied for many jobs there and worked in the UK for half my working life. I know how things work there, so please don't try to patronise me.

Yes, there is still racist behaviour in the UK; I said as much in my last post. But al least there are laws in place and an effort to confront it there. If you, Blade or any of the other racist bigots had made similar comments in the UK you'd be at risk from a visit by the police, with a criminal prosecution if the evidence were strong enough. In Singapore, everyone (you included) seems to be free to spout their vile racial hatred with no comeback at all. It's unbelievable for a supposedly 'civilised' country.

Just because you are 'upfront' about it doesn't make it right.

Over and out.

Blade
Regular
Regular

Post by Blade » Wed, 18 Jun 2014 11:32 pm

Ha,ha guess what: look who is posting derogatory,racist,Xenophobic comments?. See what I mean.

Difference is we don't go crying to mummy.We are like that bcos we are No. 1 get it?

BTW that description of uncouthness goes for alot of other cultures and nationalities.We don't own the monopoly on bad behavior.

The 'Singapore Brand' is the 'CAN DO,PRAGMATIC,HIGH IQ,HIGH INTEGRITY,PRACTICAL problem solving ethic.

It's what made Singapore No.1 in the whole Universe.

Now what we have is a dilution of this 'Brand'.Remember the Utopia is not the Singapore your read about in the promotional blurbs and made you abandon your mother-land and run here.We were so much better then.

Why? bcos real Singaporeans don't give a rat's ass anymore.

yogaloungeforever
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yogaloungeforever » Wed, 18 Jun 2014 11:35 pm

Mi Amigo wrote:
yogaloungeforever wrote:Unless you have been educated in the UK and have applied for jobs there as well, I will rest my case.
I was born in the UK. I was educated in the UK. I applied for many jobs there and worked in the UK for half my working life. I know how things work there, so please don't try to patronise me.

Likewise!

Yes, there is still racist behaviour in the UK; I said as much in my last post. But al least there are laws in place and an effort to confront it there. If you, Blade or any of the other racist bigots had made similar comments in the UK you'd be at risk from a visit by the police, with a criminal prosecution if the evidence were strong enough. In Singapore, everyone (you included) seems to be free to spout their vile racial hatred with no comeback at all. It's unbelievable for a supposedly 'civilised' country.

Well at least there isn't a right wing party in sight in Singapore with that free will to make all that racist policies for immigrants and how immigrants are stealing jobs, right?!

Just because you are 'upfront' about it doesn't make it right.

I have said what I have said and I stick to it!

Over and out.

Blade
Regular
Regular

Post by Blade » Wed, 18 Jun 2014 11:40 pm

where has my postings been racist?

Oh, do you know the diff between RACE and NATIONALITY?

RACE:
Negro
Indian
Chinese
Gwelio

Nationality:
Sinkie
Pinoy
Thai
Dutch
etc..

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Thu, 19 Jun 2014 12:11 am

Blade wrote:where has my postings been racist?

Oh, do you know the diff between RACE and NATIONALITY?

RACE:
Negro
Indian
Chinese
Gwelio

Nationality:
Sinkie
Pinoy
Thai
Dutch
etc..
sorry to burst your bubble but there is no specific race called Indian!!
also I'd take this opportunity to ask why in Singapore,Sikhs are classified different than Indians ? Was there some part of Punjab that Singapore considered to be different compared to the rest of India? Or was it a case of not knowing how to "racially" categorize Sikh people?
plus that other post in which you went on a diatribe about high IQ etc, well your IQ at this stage is round about room temperature at this point.
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Thu, 19 Jun 2014 4:58 am

yogaloungeforever wrote:Well at least there isn't a right wing party in sight in Singapore with that free will to make all that racist policies for immigrants and how immigrants are stealing jobs, right?!
Oh the irony! :roll: ](*,) :mrgreen:

Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Post by Steve1960 » Thu, 19 Jun 2014 6:59 am

Blade wrote:
The 'Singapore Brand' is the 'CAN DO,PRAGMATIC,HIGH IQ,HIGH INTEGRITY,PRACTICAL problem solving ethic.
LMAO that's is everything the sinkies are not!!!

yogaloungeforever
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yogaloungeforever » Thu, 19 Jun 2014 8:26 am

wat a confused soul! :???:

really ... did i read you right last that you wanted "över and out"?! :lol:

Mi Amigo wrote:
yogaloungeforever wrote:Well at least there isn't a right wing party in sight in Singapore with that free will to make all that racist policies for immigrants and how immigrants are stealing jobs, right?!
Oh the irony! :roll: ](*,) :mrgreen: