Singapore Expats Forum

Job opportunity for General Surgeon qualified from India

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

ashurpv
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed, 11 Jun 2014
Location: india

Job opportunity for General Surgeon qualified from India

Postby ashurpv » Wed, 11 Jun 2014 2:33 am

Hello,
I am a general surgeon based in New Delhi, India, wishing to make my career in Singapore. I have done my MBBS(graduation) & MS(post graduation/speciality) in General Surgery from V.M.MC. & Safdarjung Hospital New Delhi. I also wish to do fellowship in super-specialty like bariatric surgery from Singapore. Can somebody guide me on this. I have completed my MS in april'14. Plz somebody guide me.
Thanks in advance.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34338
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 11 Jun 2014 6:48 am

ashurpv wrote:Hello,
I am a general surgeon based in New Delhi, India, wishing to make my career in Singapore. I have done my MBBS(graduation) & MS(post graduation/speciality) in General Surgery from V.M.MC. & Safdarjung Hospital New Delhi. I also wish to do fellowship in super-specialty like bariatric surgery from Singapore. Can somebody guide me on this. I have completed my MS in april'14. Plz somebody guide me.
Thanks in advance.



Start Here:

http://www.healthprofessionals.gov.sg/c ... mc/en.html
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Fri, 13 Jun 2014 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

taxico
Director
Director
Posts: 3167
Joined: Sat, 10 May 2008
Location: Existential dilemma!

Postby taxico » Wed, 11 Jun 2014 5:06 pm

also try searching "surgical fellowship singapore" and see if they'll respond to your application.

good luck on becoming a surgical fellow in singapore. you'll need it.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9513
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 11 Jun 2014 10:21 pm

fellowship = no pay, am I right?

taxico
Director
Director
Posts: 3167
Joined: Sat, 10 May 2008
Location: Existential dilemma!

Postby taxico » Thu, 12 Jun 2014 10:05 am

you do get a stipend... a few thousand bucks IIRC. not enough to need to pay singapore taxes.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5239
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Midgar

Postby the lynx » Thu, 12 Jun 2014 10:06 am

ecureilx wrote:fellowship = no pay, am I right?


Fellowship

A merit-based scholarship, or form of academic financial aid

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9513
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 12 Jun 2014 10:40 am

taxico wrote:you do get a stipend... a few thousand bucks IIRC. not enough to need to pay singapore taxes.


KKH fellowship program had only living allowance, .. per a pediatrician who did 6 months ... not few thousand bucks ...
Last edited by ecureilx on Thu, 12 Jun 2014 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34338
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 12 Jun 2014 10:44 am

Still a stipend, what.


Split hairs some more?

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9513
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 12 Jun 2014 10:48 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Still a stipend, what.


Split hairs some more?


me not many hair left to split :p

have to make do with the leftovers ....

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34338
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 12 Jun 2014 10:49 am

At least you still have some. :( :lol:

taxico
Director
Director
Posts: 3167
Joined: Sat, 10 May 2008
Location: Existential dilemma!

Postby taxico » Thu, 12 Jun 2014 8:13 pm

ecureilx wrote:
taxico wrote:you do get a stipend... a few thousand bucks IIRC. not enough to need to pay singapore taxes.


KKH fellowship program had only living allowance, .. per a pediatrician who did 6 months ... not few thousand bucks ...


ah... okay... i think different programs may hand out different amounts.

it's something all aspiring specialists need to go through, so big or small sums, just suck it up!
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

ashurpv
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed, 11 Jun 2014
Location: india

Postby ashurpv » Fri, 13 Jun 2014 2:58 am

thanks every one for replying.
Can anyone clarify how can i get a job in singapore as a surgeon.
whats the procedure where to start.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34338
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 13 Jun 2014 6:47 am

ashurpv wrote:thanks every one for replying.
Can anyone clarify how can i get a job in singapore as a surgeon.
whats the procedure where to start.


:roll: #-o ](*,)

Start Here:

http://www.healthprofessionals.gov.sg/c ... mc/en.html

Hopefully, your stint on this board is not indicative of your surgical talents. [-o<


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests