Singapore Expats

Can i travel out of singapore while waiting for my ltvp?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Ivy ai hui

Can i travel out of singapore while waiting for my ltvp?

Post by Ivy ai hui » Mon, 09 Jun 2014 11:38 am

Hi, dear all,

I have just submitted ltvp for my girl. The application has been successful but we not yet complete the formalities yet. Can I bring her out from Singapore for holiday?

She currently holding DE card during her stay here.

Thanks.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Can i travel out of singapore while waiting for my ltvp?

Post by JR8 » Mon, 09 Jun 2014 12:23 pm

Ivy ai hui wrote:Hi, dear all,
I have just submitted ltvp for my girl. The application has been successful but we not yet complete the formalities yet. Can I bring her out from Singapore for holiday?
She currently holding DE card during her stay here.
Thanks.
What is her current status, a visa, or an SVP (on arrival)?

re: a previous LTVP of mine. I traveled after it was approved, but before it was issued. The backlog of appointments for issuance was long, about 2 months, and remaining within SG for the duration was not going to work.

When I re-entered I applied for an SVP 'as usual' but also handed the official at the border immigration check a copy of ICA's IPA notification, evidencing I was 'approved', and had an appointment to compete formalities X weeks hence.

If you need a formal visa to travel, it might be a little more complex.

Ivy ai hui

Post by Ivy ai hui » Mon, 09 Jun 2014 12:51 pm

hi,

Thanks for reply. She is on the white card as we are Malaysian.

The next available date for completion for formalities is on 9th July 2014. I intend to bring her to travel for my friend's wedding overseas.

I worried that the white card number I submit will not be the same if I bring out to Singapore right.

Yu Ting

Post by Yu Ting » Mon, 09 Apr 2018 9:28 am

Hi all, my Malaysian parents has just gotten the approval of LTVP, now pending formalities. The earliest appointment date is 24Apr. However we are having a family vacation 15-20Apr, will there be any issue leaving Singapore and re-enter on 20Apr since a new DE card will be used instead the one stated on Form14. Please help me

xuanwu

Post by xuanwu » Tue, 10 Mar 2020 10:45 am

Hi, i am encountering the same issue, i want to bring my baby girl out while she is still waiting for her LTVP, may I know how did you handle it, did you travel out after all or just stay in Singapore? please help, thanks

Sbk
Regular
Regular
Answers: 1

Post by Sbk » Fri, 20 Mar 2020 6:04 pm

You do realise this post is 2years old,
Anyway, there is no issue that i know of when you travel out after in principle approval, if you need SVP to enter the country, just apply for one early, if you get visa on arrival just tell the officer at the counter you are here to complete the formalities.