Singapore Expats

My piece of KFC chicken is smaller than theirs...?

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
pisceangirl
Chatter
Chatter

My piece of KFC chicken is smaller than theirs...?

Post by pisceangirl » Fri, 06 Jun 2014 12:53 am

Don't get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are. (Tupac)

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 06 Jun 2014 8:43 am

I think getting a Singaporean's foreign girlfriend to divorce her husband to marry him is the epic one there.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 06 Jun 2014 9:52 am

I've heard a few more.

The one that stands out for me was the SGn who tried to get the NYC Mission (i.e. SGn Consulate) to personally return a vibrator to a sex-shop, as after returning home it had soon broken down and left his girlfriend, err... ''''dissatisfied'''.

This would have required a diplomat to visit the shop with the said tool and lodge a complaint in person.

:???:

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Fri, 06 Jun 2014 6:16 pm

If I hadn't lived in Singapore I would have found that article unbelievable, but, well, we know how it is. Further proof (IMO) of how the so-called 'world class' education system churns out many people who are seemingly incapable of thinking rationally or surviving in the 'real world' outside of the little red dot.
Be careful what you wish for

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Fri, 06 Jun 2014 11:50 pm

Mi Amigo wrote:If I hadn't lived in Singapore I would have found that article unbelievable, but, well, we know how it is. Further proof (IMO) of how the so-called 'world class' education system churns out many people who are seemingly incapable of thinking rationally or surviving in the 'real world' outside of the little red dot.
I think you'll have similar proportions of people in any country with such a low intelligence that would make those types of requests if they were in the same situation.

It's just that Singapore is so small that a larger portion of the idiots actually do leave the country and find themselves hopelessly lost in different cultures abroad. Those same idiots in the US, England, or anywhere else just stay in their backwater towns their whole lives.

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Sat, 07 Jun 2014 12:24 am

Size does not matter. It is the crunchiness.

If you look at the bottom of the article, they are following the lead of the British who also published these quirky requests. Common sense is not always common.

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Sat, 07 Jun 2014 1:30 am

Sure, there are bozos in every country. But I maintain that the 'blur' quotient is particularly high in Singapore, and it especially shows when some Singaporeans venture outside of their cocoon.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Thu, 17 Jul 2014 11:05 pm

http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/articl ... ngaporeans

SINGAPORE - McDonalds Singapore's new satay burgers and banana pie have received criticisms from Singaporeans.
[..]
"The buns of the burger looks like female's private parts!", Madam Virginia Lao Chu Nu exclaims in shock, "Why must they pair the burgers with banana pies? Private part and bananas? What is McDonalds teaching our children?"
Mr Aaron Alif shakes his head, "The evil Jews purposely shaped it like that to plant evil thoughts in us Muslims and bait us to eat those. I am going to boycott McDonalds!".

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 18 Jul 2014 6:59 am

Mi Amigo wrote:Sure, there are bozos in every country. But I maintain that the 'blur' quotient is particularly high in Singapore, and it especially shows when some Singaporeans venture outside of their cocoon.
^^This.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 18 Jul 2014 8:34 am

x9200 wrote:http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/articl ... ngaporeans

SINGAPORE - McDonalds Singapore's new satay burgers and banana pie have received criticisms from Singaporeans.
[..]
"The buns of the burger looks like female's private parts!", Madam Virginia Lao Chu Nu exclaims in shock, "Why must they pair the burgers with banana pies? Private part and bananas? What is McDonalds teaching our children?"
Mr Aaron Alif shakes his head, "The evil Jews purposely shaped it like that to plant evil thoughts in us Muslims and bait us to eat those. I am going to boycott McDonalds!".
The Facebook page is the real deal. The contributor's item, that's a satire.

But yeah, some Muslims are jumping up and down demonising any Western establishments that are deemed to fund evil Israel's genocidal massacre on the innocent, peace-loving Palestinians.

Guess who broke the humanitarian ceasefire first?

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 18 Jul 2014 8:51 am

[..]

When will these people learn the national language!

:o :roll:

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 18 Jul 2014 8:51 am

the lynx wrote:.

Guess who broke the humanitarian ceasefire first?
I agree with you, though the loudest voices cry that the Israeli response isnt proportionate ....

Brah
Manager
Manager

Post by Brah » Fri, 18 Jul 2014 9:07 am

JR8 wrote:

[..]

When will these people learn the national language!

:o :roll:

Examples of improper English can be found every day, the variety of Chinese spoken is unlike that of other country's more standard versions, is analogous to how so many can't use knives and forks properly, and most can't use chopsticks properly either. Choose a way to follow and follow it completely.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 18 Jul 2014 9:59 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mi Amigo wrote:Sure, there are bozos in every country. But I maintain that the 'blur' quotient is particularly high in Singapore, and it especially shows when some Singaporeans venture outside of their cocoon.
^^This.
When we away for a few years recently, we knew a few SGn diplomats where we lived, and indeed they were regular friends of ours. It's a very small world/community.

Someone at the embassy (and indeed each embassy) is on a rota to carry the out of hours 'Duty Phone' for a week. That's the number you get patched through to, out of hours-24/7, if you're a citizen in distress, and need emergency assistance from your nearest embassy.

Let's be clear, this was for matters of life and death, and sometimes it was - just awful, and to be that persons only 'life-line' even worse, just so damned sad. But you really would not believe some of the calls you'd (apparently) get. Not quite 'KFC served me Crispy Chicken Wings, when I ordered Spicy Chicken Wings'... but not far off. If I could tell you, you might not believe it were possible ....

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Fri, 18 Jul 2014 7:27 pm

Let me guess... Someone didn't have mummy there to remind them which way round to put their trousers on? :twisted: