Singapore Expats Forum

passport renewal and EP

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ginger_bread

passport renewal and EP

Postby ginger_bread » Tue, 03 Jun 2014 11:04 pm

I have a question about applying for a new passport.

My husband will go home for two weeks this summer. He is planning to renew his passport since it will expire in less than a year. Once he receives his new passport, he will email a copy to the HR of his employer in Singapore, and ask them to inform the relevant authorities so that the computer record for his EP will be updated.

May I know if these are the correct procedures? I read a recent post about something similar but there is a small difference between the two cases. My husband will not get to keep his old passport. So he will not be able to show his old passport at the immigration in Singapore.

Thank you very much.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Wed, 04 Jun 2014 8:40 am

No problem. I did the same on one of my trips back and I even did the automated passport clearance system with my new passport on my way back.

If he wants to play safe, he can join the regular immigration queues and show the office both the new passport and his EP.

Then once he is back in office, his HR should update MOM about his new passport.

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Postby FaeLLe » Wed, 04 Jun 2014 11:45 pm

I updated MOM myself by completing the iSubmit system - http://www.mom.gov.sg/services-forms/Pages/isubmit.aspx

Complete the request for "Request Form for Amendment of Personal Particulars" and submit both old and new passport.

ginger_bread

Postby ginger_bread » Thu, 05 Jun 2014 2:59 am

FaeLLe wrote:I updated MOM myself by completing the iSubmit system - http://www.mom.gov.sg/services-forms/Pages/isubmit.aspx

Complete the request for "Request Form for Amendment of Personal Particulars" and submit both old and new passport.

Thank you for the info. I took a look at the form. It requires company stamp and director signature. How did you sort this out by ourself? Many thanks.