Singapore Expats

contract on fibre

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
meaningless

contract on fibre

Post by meaningless » Tue, 03 Jun 2014 6:25 pm

Hello guys, I am writing to ask about the contract period on Fibre plan. I need to install a Fibre connection at my place, where i found the majorities required at least 2 years contract. I am willing to sign for that period, but the point is my SPass IC will expire on 26 June 2015, due to the expiry date of my passport. My SPass has been issued for 60 months from Apr 2014.

I acknowledge ViewQwest and M1 do offer 1 year contract or even none. I am asking if the company will entertain my request to sign a contract which is longer than the expiry date of my IC? Therefore I don't need to narrow down my option. Thanks.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 03 Jun 2014 8:53 pm

Why don't you pick up the phone and call them and ask them? :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Re: contract on fibre

Post by zzm9980 » Wed, 04 Jun 2014 12:37 am

meaningless wrote:Hello guys, I am writing to ask about the contract period on Fibre plan. I need to install a Fibre connection at my place, where i found the majorities required at least 2 years contract. I am willing to sign for that period, but the point is my SPass IC will expire on 26 June 2015, due to the expiry date of my passport. My SPass has been issued for 60 months from Apr 2014.

I acknowledge ViewQwest and M1 do offer 1 year contract or even none. I am asking if the company will entertain my request to sign a contract which is longer than the expiry date of my IC? Therefore I don't need to narrow down my option. Thanks.
ViewQuest and MyRepublic both have "No-contract" plans. Their service is also significantly better than the service from the major Telcos: Singtel/Starhub/M1

meaningless

Post by meaningless » Wed, 18 Apr 2018 7:55 pm

Sorry for the bump. Just trying to be constructive.

At that time I went with Singtel (till now) and they didn't even look at my IC before giving me the 2 years contract. I was signed up for 2 years with an IC that theoretically would not have covered the whole contract.

And for the call-to-inquiry, maybe it is just me, I found that almost all CS of public service are robotic and it is faster to get the answer by any means (asking from forum, go in person, or just do it without saying nothing) other than call to ask.

Max Headroom
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Max Headroom » Thu, 19 Apr 2018 9:26 am

meaningless wrote:
And for the call-to-inquiry, maybe it is just me, I found that almost all CS of public service are robotic and it is faster to get the answer by any means (asking from forum, go in person, or just do it without saying nothing) other than call to ask.
This!