Singapore Expats Forum

Genderless lavatories?

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34263
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Genderless lavatories?

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 03 Jun 2014 9:02 am

Hey Strong Eagle, what in the heck are you doing to Houston?

http://southernnationalist.com/blog/201 ... -outlawed/

No longer the "Stars & Stripes" but the "stars & rainbow"?

I know you are all for equality but ain't this takin' it a bit too far? :P

I understand it never got beyond the proposal stage did it.
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/debunk ... ooms.3754/

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6837
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Tue, 03 Jun 2014 9:32 am

I lost count of how many times in Singapore a cleaning auntie would walk up to the urinal next to me while I was doing my business and start scrubbing it. No warning or anything.

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10413
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: Genderless lavatories?

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 03 Jun 2014 10:34 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Hey Strong Eagle, what in the heck are you doing to Houston?

http://southernnationalist.com/blog/201 ... -outlawed/

No longer the "Stars & Stripes" but the "stars & rainbow"?

I know you are all for equality but ain't this takin' it a bit too far? :P

I understand it never got beyond the proposal stage did it.
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/debunk ... ooms.3754/


Ya mean like airplane lavatories?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34263
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 03 Jun 2014 12:12 pm

Or my house? :lol:

Now days it's pretty damned hard gettin' two people in those airline toilets! That or I'm gettin' too old! :lol:

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5239
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Midgar

Re: Genderless lavatories?

Postby the lynx » Tue, 03 Jun 2014 12:51 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Hey Strong Eagle, what in the heck are you doing to Houston?

http://southernnationalist.com/blog/201 ... -outlawed/

No longer the "Stars & Stripes" but the "stars & rainbow"?

I know you are all for equality but ain't this takin' it a bit too far? :P

I understand it never got beyond the proposal stage did it.
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/debunk ... ooms.3754/


Hell, no. Definitely a green light for peeping Toms and sex predators.

PNGMK
Director
Director
Posts: 4852
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013

Re: Genderless lavatories?

Postby PNGMK » Tue, 03 Jun 2014 10:30 pm

the lynx wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Hey Strong Eagle, what in the heck are you doing to Houston?

http://southernnationalist.com/blog/201 ... -outlawed/

No longer the "Stars & Stripes" but the "stars & rainbow"?

I know you are all for equality but ain't this takin' it a bit too far? :P

I understand it never got beyond the proposal stage did it.
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/debunk ... ooms.3754/


Hell, no. Definitely a green light for peeping Toms and sex predators.

Some euro countries (Belgium and France in my experience) have had mixed gender lavs forever... no major issues. I've peed in a urinal many a time next to a woman doing her makeup in Be. They just aren't that fussed about it.

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2789
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Tue, 03 Jun 2014 11:01 pm

zzm9980 wrote:I lost count of how many times in Singapore a cleaning auntie would walk up to the urinal next to me while I was doing my business and start scrubbing it. No warning or anything.


me too, I'd be standing there whistling away not knowing whether to stop or continue to pee on.
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

User avatar
maneo
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 724
Joined: Sat, 15 Mar 2008
Location: Titik Merah Kecil

Postby maneo » Tue, 03 Jun 2014 11:15 pm

zzm9980 wrote:I lost count of how many times in Singapore a cleaning auntie would walk up to the urinal next to me while I was doing my business and start scrubbing it. No warning or anything.

You only get a warning when they start cleaning the one you're using.
:P

In China cleaning ladies would mop between your legs while you're standing at the urinal. Just had to get used to it.

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10413
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: Genderless lavatories?

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 04 Jun 2014 12:25 am

PNGMK wrote:
the lynx wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Hey Strong Eagle, what in the heck are you doing to Houston?

http://southernnationalist.com/blog/201 ... -outlawed/

No longer the "Stars & Stripes" but the "stars & rainbow"?

I know you are all for equality but ain't this takin' it a bit too far? :P

I understand it never got beyond the proposal stage did it.
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/debunk ... ooms.3754/


Hell, no. Definitely a green light for peeping Toms and sex predators.

Some euro countries (Belgium and France in my experience) have had mixed gender lavs forever... no major issues. I've peed in a urinal many a time next to a woman doing her makeup in Be. They just aren't that fussed about it.


Beyond what raja said, the transgender people using the restrooms are dressed like women and aren't interested in women.

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5239
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Midgar

Postby the lynx » Wed, 04 Jun 2014 8:31 am

I don't know how the general Westerners deal with that back in the Western countries but I can assure you 100% that Asian countries are definitely not ready for mixed-gender lavatories.

You're saying that Belgium, France etc do not have sexual predators that can prey in those? I'm more worried about the abuse than the actual use of mixed lavatories.

PNGMK
Director
Director
Posts: 4852
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013

Postby PNGMK » Wed, 04 Jun 2014 5:18 pm

the lynx wrote:I don't know how the general Westerners deal with that back in the Western countries but I can assure you 100% that Asian countries are definitely not ready for mixed-gender lavatories.

You're saying that Belgium, France etc do not have sexual predators that can prey in those? I'm more worried about the abuse than the actual use of mixed lavatories.


It didn't seem to be something people worried about. Perhaps the abuse gene is an asian gene? Dunno...

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6837
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Re: Genderless lavatories?

Postby zzm9980 » Wed, 04 Jun 2014 11:00 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
PNGMK wrote:
the lynx wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Hey Strong Eagle, what in the heck are you doing to Houston?

http://southernnationalist.com/blog/201 ... -outlawed/

No longer the "Stars & Stripes" but the "stars & rainbow"?

I know you are all for equality but ain't this takin' it a bit too far? :P

I understand it never got beyond the proposal stage did it.
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/debunk ... ooms.3754/


Hell, no. Definitely a green light for peeping Toms and sex predators.

Some euro countries (Belgium and France in my experience) have had mixed gender lavs forever... no major issues. I've peed in a urinal many a time next to a woman doing her makeup in Be. They just aren't that fussed about it.


Beyond what raja said, the transgender people using the restrooms are dressed like women and aren't interested in women.


That's incredibly presumptive on your part. How do you know those transgendered men->women don't like women? Or are you just prejudiced SE? :D


Return to “Leisure Chat, Jokes, Rubbish”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests