Singapore Expats

Brother (minor) renounced PR and might be returning

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
skarthikeyan14

Brother (minor) renounced PR and might be returning

Post by skarthikeyan14 » Mon, 02 Jun 2014 11:45 pm

Years ago, my father applied for PR status for both my brother and I. My brother, mother and I are Indian Nationals while my dad holds a SC. Now, it was decided that PR status was not for us due to NS and my university conflicting, therefore my father renounced mine and my brother's PR statuses while my mother remained a PR. The thing is that we moved to Singapore in 2000 when I was 4. My brother was born in Singapore in 2001. We then moved out of Singapore in 2007 and never returned. However, recently my father has found a job offer in Singapore and might be considering. Will it be an issue for my brother to return there and study in an International School. We have always studied in International Schools.

Thanks

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Brother (minor) renounced PR and might be returning

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 14 Jan 2018 5:32 pm

Yes, it will be a problem. I work for a gentleman who has that exact problem except his son is now 25 and would like to work for his father's company. Isn't going to happen. Every time he applies MOM comes back with "you have unresolved issued with MINDEF" Please get the sorted out first and then apply. Needless to say, he cannot even get an LTVP. only a bog standard SVP. This is what happens with people think the government is stupid. It comes back years later and then you realize that they have a very long memory. Good Luck. I think you are going to need a rather large dollop of luck, truth be told.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 14 Jan 2018 6:28 pm

Neither of you will get any form of pass at all except maybe a SVP. Your dad destroyed your chances of having any future in Singapore.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Thu, 18 Jan 2018 4:43 am

What a dork !!
I can forgive both of you as you are the children

But your Dad, I should skew him between the legs, moreover he is a SC

Now he shot both your feet and his at one go
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!