Singapore Expats

Query on S Pass and DP, Joint Income for DP eligibilty

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Rallyart28

Query on S Pass and DP, Joint Income for DP eligibilty

Post by Rallyart28 » Sat, 31 May 2014 2:28 pm

HI all, need your advice. I m working in Singapore on S Pass however my Salary is below $4000.00 to bring in my wife & daughter (4yrs) here in Singapore on DP.

My query: If my wife gets a job in Singapore too, say, on S Pass. Then is it possible that we can bring our daughter to Singapore with us to stay? will be she eligible for DP as my wife's and my monthly income would be greater than $4k (joint income).

P.S. I would love to settle in singapore. I do understand Singapore is v expensive place to stay.

Appreciate your reply/suggestion/feedback.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 31 May 2014 3:26 pm

Only if one of you is earning a minimum of 4K. Think about it. There is no guarantee that both of you will continue to have a job, given the current climate and reductions of S pass quotas. I have 10 staff who will be leaving in July as we are that many over quota after the last reduction for Service Sector levies. So, you can see why combined incomes will not be allowed.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

taxico
Director
Director

Re: Query on S Pass and DP, Joint Income for DP eligibilty

Post by taxico » Sat, 31 May 2014 7:38 pm

Rallyart28 wrote:HI all, need your advice. I m working in Singapore on S Pass however my Salary is below $4000.00 to bring in my wife & daughter (4yrs) here in Singapore on DP.

My query: If my wife gets a job in Singapore too, say, on S Pass. Then is it possible that we can bring our daughter to Singapore with us to stay? will be she eligible for DP as my wife's and my monthly income would be greater than $4k (joint income).

P.S. I would love to settle in singapore. I do understand Singapore is v expensive place to stay.

Appreciate your reply/suggestion/feedback.
you may be able to try and bring her over to start primary 1... or perhaps a private CCC/kindergarten if you can secure a place and a student pass for her before then.

how long have you been here? you may want to settle in singapore now. but as the costs mount with the increased mouths and you don't make enough money to comfortably take care of your family's needs and also save... you may change your mind. a single guy can live alone more simply and cheaply than a family unit.

that one person making $4,000 means they can bring their family over on DP but a couple making >$4,000 combined cannot even bring one child over sure seems a little odd...

i don't have anything to add, so... good luck!
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam