Singapore Expats

Is Chantix available in Singapore

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Fortan
Chatter
Chatter

Is Chantix available in Singapore

Post by Fortan » Tue, 27 May 2014 11:05 am

Does anyone know if the stop-smoking pill Chantix is available in Singapore?

Does anyone have experience quitting using it?

https://www.chantix.com/

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Tue, 27 May 2014 11:25 am

I thought it was called Champix?! Maybe it's just a spin-off brand....

A few of my mates have used Champix and said it works really well. Some side effects such as vomiting and nausea, but they said it was worth it. Some of them took it whilst smoking, others stopped and took it Out of 10 or so people, only 1 has started again.

If you are really determined to quit, i'd try and avoid any drugs. If you have a strong enough driver making you want to stop and can manage your state, the rest should be easy! I stopped over a month ago cold turkey and it was / has been remarkably simple.

Good luck!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 27 May 2014 11:45 am

I second that. It will be 10 years in December since I laid them down.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 27 May 2014 12:51 pm

Same. Cold turkey is the way. I tried twice. Relapsed within few months after the first time because I was surrounded by smokers in my former company and they weren't exactly supportive of my attempt to quit. So it did my resolve in well.

Second time, I gave up my precious Zippo, packed my bags and backpacked all over Cambodia and Vietnam for months. When you're busy exploring exotic locations and enjoying local food, you don't see the need to smoke.

OK, maybe cigarettes in Vietnam and Cambodia are 10 times cheaper (I remember a fellow backpacker got a pack of Long Phung for only a dollar) but the taste is so horrible and vile, it put me off smoking for the rest of the trip.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Tue, 27 May 2014 2:00 pm

One year and 5 months for me, just moving to Singapore was enough, the high prices of cigarettes here were the ultimate damper plus I just started running so the more I ran the less I felt the need to smoke, I bought a pack of nicorette and never touched them, quit cold turket
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

AC expat

Post by AC expat » Mon, 07 Jul 2014 12:47 pm

Cold turkey is the best way to go. The first three days are hell, but after that it gets better. Good luck!

Fortan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Fortan » Mon, 07 Jul 2014 3:41 pm

I started taking Champix two weeks ago today and stopped smoking one week ago. Not a single puff since and to be honest, it does take all my physical side effects. Really impressed with the effects of it and would recommend it to anyone trying to quit.

curiousgeorge
Reporter
Reporter

Post by curiousgeorge » Mon, 07 Jul 2014 6:40 pm

Chantix/Champix are the same thing, different names in different markets.

Yes it is available here. I used it about 4 years ago and quit for 18 months.

Cold turkey never worked for me. Nicotine replacement therapy never worked for me. With Champix I just reached a point where I didn't feel like smoking!

Timely post, as I just got me prescription last week, about to get it filled and quit for good...

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 07 Jul 2014 8:34 pm

I've got my fingers crossed for you, but I don't think I need to! I know what you are capable of! :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Fortan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Fortan » Tue, 08 Jul 2014 8:10 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I've got my fingers crossed for you, but I don't think I need to! I know what you are capable of! :wink:
Not sure if that was for me, but thanks anyway :wink: