Singapore Expats

So being a virgin (male) at 22 & 2.5 years of college = fail

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 28 May 2014 1:03 am

A quote from the misogynist himself;

"Women should not have the right to choose who to mate with. That choice should be made for them by civilised men of intelligence."

He was a seriously misled asswipe. As a Christian I hope he died a painful miserable death but at some point accepted Christ as his savior.

Being a Christian does not excuse you from the earthly penalty of your sins (VD, pain, disease, revenge). If anything it ramps up.

(Imagine Hanni's reaction to some fellow saying that to her; she'd deck him there and then).

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 28 May 2014 1:30 am

PNGMK wrote:As a Christian I hope he died a painful miserable death...
Yeppers... and I bet Jesus would be standing right next to you hollering, "You tell 'em, dude!"

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 28 May 2014 6:59 am

PNGMK, one woulda thought, yeah? I actually shot the guy in Dec 1968, 5 months after I was discharged from active duty. I was the night manager of a Holiday Inn in My home town and was held up at 3:30 in the morning. Long story, short, I almost decapitated one of the guys (the one who was armed) with a single hip shot from a double-barreled 12 gauge shotgun loaded with 00 buck.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 28 May 2014 7:04 am

PNGMK wrote:
rajagainstthemachine wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote: I've owned guns since 1960. I've only ever shot one person. I'm not nuts. :cool:
was it your own foot? *runs*
He's a veteran you idiot.
I didn't know that did I ? Now be nice or I'll tell Jesus to take your bikes away.
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 28 May 2014 7:09 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:PNGMK, one woulda thought, yeah? I actually shot the guy in Dec 1968, 5 months after I was discharged from active duty. I was the night manager of a Holiday Inn in My home town and was held up at 3:30 in the morning. Long story, short, I almost decapitated one of the guys (the one who was armed) with a single hip shot from a double-barreled 12 gauge shotgun loaded with 00 buck.
whoa! My colleague at work did something similar, he is 67 and his vision is still incredible! Spends time shooting birds and you don't want to know how many he kills when he's having a bad day.
:lol:
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 28 May 2014 8:57 am

Raj, I need reading glasses but outside of arms length I still have 20:20 or 6:6 (Metric) vision and I'll be 67 in a couple of months as well. I've got half a century of duck & goose hunting behind me as well as quail and pheasant. Keeps our reflexes in top condition. ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Aragorn2000
Regular
Regular

Post by Aragorn2000 » Wed, 28 May 2014 9:18 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:PNGMK, one woulda thought, yeah? I actually shot the guy in Dec 1968, 5 months after I was discharged from active duty. I was the night manager of a Holiday Inn in My home town and was held up at 3:30 in the morning. Long story, short, I almost decapitated one of the guys (the one who was armed) with a single hip shot from a double-barreled 12 gauge shotgun loaded with 00 buck.
omg you actually shot a person before? That's ghastly.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 28 May 2014 10:58 am

Would have been more ghastly had he shot me. (and he would have as I was staring down the wrong end of a single shot 12 gauge with a Damascus barrel). Subsequently after it was all over, the police broke down the shotgun and it was a magnum shell inside. Had he pulled the trigger he would have probably killed both of us as that type of barrel could not have withstood the pressure of the explosive charge in the shell. Better him than me. :cool:

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 28 May 2014 11:19 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
Yeppers... and I bet Jesus would be standing right next to you hollering, "You tell 'em, dude!"
Nothing in Christ's message excuses us from pain and misery on earth. If anything we are told that we will suffer more as Christians.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 28 May 2014 12:02 pm

PNGMK wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:
Nothing in Christ's message excuses us from pain and misery on earth. If anything we are told that we will suffer more as Christians.
Jesus never said that. Only the men that created that Christian regime said that.

It would be worthwhile for you to read about historical Christianity. The suffering and other barrels full of bullshit that the church promulgates have nothing to do with the teachings of Jesus.

I mean... really... what kind of f*cking, loving god sentences his creations to eternal hell for failure to follow convoluted, impossible to follow instructions? It's bullshit.

You just want to self flagellate and have some mythical being tell you that you are OK... if you'll just do some more of the same. You replace one addiction with another, in this case, adherence to a religious dogma that promises to provide you with certainty and stability. Except, you actually have neither... just a house of cards and a need to spout dogma to avoid seeing the truth.

It's not spiritual, it's about keeping your ego happy.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 30 May 2014 5:41 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
PNGMK wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote: Yeppers... and I bet Jesus would be standing right next to you hollering, "You tell 'em, dude!"
Jesus never said that. Only the men that created that Christian regime said that.

It would be worthwhile for you to read about historical Christianity. The suffering and other barrels full of bullshit that the church promulgates have nothing to do with the teachings of Jesus.

I mean... really... what kind of f*cking, loving god sentences his creations to eternal hell for failure to follow convoluted, impossible to follow instructions? It's bullshit.

You just want to self flagellate and have some mythical being tell you that you are OK... if you'll just do some more of the same. You replace one addiction with another, in this case, adherence to a religious dogma that promises to provide you with certainty and stability. Except, you actually have neither... just a house of cards and a need to spout dogma to avoid seeing the truth.

It's not spiritual, it's about keeping your ego happy.
I never advocated self flagellation. What I said is that being a Christian is not a get out of jail card for earthly suffering.

Beeroclock
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Beeroclock » Wed, 11 Jun 2014 11:11 pm

[quote]Even as police were still on the scene of yet another American school shooting – the 74th since the massacre of primary school children in Newtown – President Barack Obama praised Australia’s gun laws in an online question and answer session.

“Couple of decades ago, Australia had a mass shooting, similar to Columbine or Newtown. And Australia just said, well, that’s it, we’re not doing, we’re not seeing that again, and basically imposed very severe, tough gun laws, and they haven’t had a mass shooting since,”

Beeroclock
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Beeroclock » Wed, 11 Jun 2014 11:27 pm

Beeroclock wrote:Personally I strongly believe that limiting the accessibility of guns reduces the chances a lot. Yes of course it can still happen, but not this frequently. The gun lobby is just too powerful in America so I doubt anything will ever change there and these incidents will keep happening every other month, which is a real shame. I was not really a John Howard fan, but the best thing he did, IMHO will be his legacy, was tightening up the gun laws in Australia after the Port Arthur massacre.
Obama must have been lurking around here.... :wink:

x9200

Post by x9200 » Thu, 12 Jun 2014 9:50 am

As far as I understand Obama has not proposed anything drastic to limit access to the guns. Just more stringent criteria to qualify for possession and restriction of some types. Still the congress rejected it. This is really bad.

Beeroclock
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Beeroclock » Thu, 12 Jun 2014 10:30 am

x9200 wrote:As far as I understand Obama has not proposed anything drastic to limit access to the guns. Just more stringent criteria to qualify for possession and restriction of some types. Still the congress rejected it. This is really bad.

That's actually what I mean to say by limit access = more stringent criteria to qualify for possession and restriction of some types.

I still think he is reading from my script written here 2 weeks ago.

Anyway, I never fully understood the US political and legislative system, but seems very wrong to me the President appears impotent on such an important issue. Openly admitting the NRA is just too powerful, Congress is "terrified" and therefore he can't do anything :cry: