Singapore Expats

Tampines Singapore On going Rental Scam

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
Pradeep Kumar Boora

Post by Pradeep Kumar Boora » Fri, 30 May 2014 11:13 am

Dear All,
Kindly suggest if hiring a debt collection agency is legal in Singapore.
Though hiring them does not look good to me since it will add further upfront cost to me and not sure of sound results and legal implications as well.
Your experience and expertise can help us on our further course of action in this cheating case.

Search By

Beeroclock
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Beeroclock » Fri, 30 May 2014 12:22 pm

Pradeep Kumar Boora wrote:Dear All,
Kindly suggest if hiring a debt collection agency is legal in Singapore.
Though hiring them does not look good to me since it will add further upfront cost to me and not sure of sound results and legal implications as well.
Your experience and expertise can help us on our further course of action in this cheating case.
I'm not sure about debt collectors, but as I understand you have a SCT Money Order in your favour (correct?) , and wondering if you have gone through/exhausted the enforcement processes as per the link I posted earlier ?

Pradeep Kumar Boora

Post by Pradeep Kumar Boora » Fri, 30 May 2014 8:31 pm

We have many SCT order against this guy.
We are considering legal options available for enforcement of money order. Biggest hurdle is we do not know what are his movable assets which we can apply for WSS. Any one with any experience with enforcement of SCT order kindly suggest.

nanana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by nanana » Sat, 31 May 2014 12:28 am

how about going to different police stations to lodge your complaint, until you find a police who is kind enough to help you?

Pradeep Kumar Boora

Post by Pradeep Kumar Boora » Tue, 03 Jun 2014 3:39 pm

Feeling really sad on response from HDB and Police.
HDB officer told this is private matter. "Seems here even illegal subletting is private matter" . HDB should remove from their web site which say they encourage common public to report such cases. Just show off!!
Police officer ask why I am in hurry. Anyone who is cheated brazenly filed police complaint around months back should not look for update or just seat at home after filing Police complaint and may be just forgot what happen. Singapore has lost most of respect and false aura they have created for their so called low crime at least for me.
Very little hope left now for justice. I have really tried hard and approaches every possible authority here but get almost unwelcome response.

Beeroclock
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Beeroclock » Tue, 03 Jun 2014 4:11 pm

PNGMK wrote:I'd escalate this. Right up to the AGC and the police commissioner and your local MP. The SPF really piss me off with this round filing behavior. This is clear cut fraud to me.

(Why is Singapore crime low? Maybe because the SPF refuse to register a bunch of the cases....). You know what the say "Low (recorded) crime, doesn't mean no (unrecorded) crime".
Pradeep, why don't you follow this advice ? I would forget the HDB, and focus on the police. If the investigating officer is not moving then you need to escalate and put some pressure.
SPF website has a feedback page :
https://app.spf.gov.sg/Feedback/SPFfeedback.aspx
Can go on there and register your dissatisfaction, there is a category for "Enquiries, comments and feedback on SPF services".
Secondly and if this action does not achieve any response, you can write a letter to AGC office.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 03 Jun 2014 5:44 pm

^ I concur.

Pradeep Kumar Boora

Post by Pradeep Kumar Boora » Tue, 03 Jun 2014 6:18 pm

Secondly and if this action does not achieve any response, you can write a letter to AGC office.
Please help exactly to which address I can send letter or email id which I can put it for AGC

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Wed, 04 Jun 2014 12:41 am

Pradeep Kumar Boora wrote:
Please help exactly to which address I can send letter or email id which I can put it for AGC

Google "AGC Singapore". Quit being so helpless and expecting people here to provide assistance. If you weren't so helpless in the first place you wouldn't be in this predicament!

Pradeep Kumar Boora

Post by Pradeep Kumar Boora » Wed, 04 Jun 2014 12:50 am

zzm9980 wrote:

Google "AGC Singapore". Quit being so helpless and expecting people here to provide assistance. If you weren't so helpless in the first place you wouldn't be in this predicament!
Z9980 thanks for reminding me. I have done the google and got their email id. From website I got impression AGC represent public prosecutor and stand on behalf of government. Purpose of post here is multiple to make others aware, to find if there is any other victim, to learn from others.
I have tried my level my best, if you cannot help in any way please refrain from putting demotivating comments. I knew very well this is my fight and surely I am taking it with all odds so far at least without your help.

Pradeep Kumar Boora

Post by Pradeep Kumar Boora » Wed, 04 Jun 2014 12:55 am

zzm9980 wrote:
Pradeep Kumar Boora wrote: We tried to meet local MP. Local MP meets only citizens and we were not allowed to meet him.
Well duh. Why would MP help you take action against one of his constituents?
As per your view no one including MP should help or even listen any grievance ??

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Wed, 04 Jun 2014 2:19 am

zzm9980 wrote:
Pradeep Kumar Boora wrote: We tried to meet local MP. Local MP meets only citizens and we were not allowed to meet him.
Well duh. Why would MP help you take action against one of his constituents?
As per your view no one including MP should help or even listen any grievance ??
Where did I say "no one"? The MP, no. It's not in their scope or best interests to help you (a non-constituent, let alone a foreigner their actual constituents hate) against someone he does represent?

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 04 Jun 2014 6:57 am

An MP is a law maker. He should not only guard the law to be obeyed and executed but also do her/his best taking care of the reputation of Singapore legal and legal enforcement system. Hard to imagine passively protecting an alleged criminal is in the best interests of any MP. He should at least be willing to get familiar with the case.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Wed, 04 Jun 2014 8:32 am

x9200 wrote:An MP is a law maker. He should not only guard the law to be obeyed and executed but also do her/his best taking care of the reputation of Singapore legal and legal enforcement system. Hard to imagine passively protecting an alleged criminal is in the best interests of any MP. He should at least be willing to get familiar with the case.
Right, he makes the law, not enforce or prosecutes. The MP shouldn't take sides and presume guilt. And since he isn't a magistrate, he shouldn't be judging either. I mean, OP can go to the coffee shop too and get the uncles on his side? Stick with Police and AGC.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 04 Jun 2014 8:51 am

zzm9980 wrote:
Right, he makes the law, not enforce or prosecutes. The MP shouldn't take sides and presume guilt. And since he isn't a magistrate, he shouldn't be judging either. I mean, OP can go to the coffee shop too and get the uncles on his side? Stick with Police and AGC.
^^^ this ...

letting emotions run riot isn't healthy

years ago MPs used to even help appeal EP rejections ...

since the MPs have been reminded that their priority is to the voting electorate,they are doing just that ....