Singapore Expats

Tampines Singapore On going Rental Scam

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
martincymru
Reporter
Reporter

Post by martincymru » Thu, 05 Jun 2014 8:42 am

Perhaps the OP may tell the Police a white lie

"sorry I make a mistake, the amount I was defrauded was 400k not 4k".

This would at least determine if the alleged amount is relevant as to whether the Police execute a criminal investigation.

Search By

Pradeep Kumar Boora

Post by Pradeep Kumar Boora » Thu, 05 Jun 2014 8:44 am

zzm9980 wrote:
Pradeep Kumar Boora wrote: Any link to your innocent brother ???
No, but I almost wish when I had first come across this thread I had offered to resolve your problems and collect your money for you for $1000. I reckon I could have had you Western Union me the money and been spending it at a KTV before you even realized you'd been scammed twice.
you look like that only a scammer and great sympathier for cheater!!
Cannot wish any luck for your grand wishes just may you get your place where you deserve behind bars.

Pradeep Kumar Boora

Post by Pradeep Kumar Boora » Thu, 05 Jun 2014 8:50 am

ginger_bread wrote:OP, you are too ungrateful for the help you have received here.

People do generally want to help, but you appear to ask lots of questions and take no actions. You even asked for the contact details of AGC when you could easily google the info. Then you still did nothing and said you would leave AGC as your last resort. So what's the point of giving you suggestions?

I can see everybody was very enthusiastic in the first few pages but then the enthusiasm died out because you kept moaning and took no actions.
I cannot jump the queue e.x. We cannot directly approach Supreme Court but level by level also each and every detail of case I cannot put in public domain. Not sure how you conclude I am ungrateful to the advices I am receiving. I knew their value and everyone will be happy if the scammer here will be behind bars. I am doing what should be done but cannot tell every bit here for sake of investigation as well.

Pradeep Kumar Boora

Post by Pradeep Kumar Boora » Thu, 05 Jun 2014 8:53 am

martincymru wrote:Perhaps the OP may tell the Police a white lie

"sorry I make a mistake, the amount I was defrauded was 400k not 4k".

This would at least determine if the alleged amount is relevant as to whether the Police execute a criminal investigation.
Shame on this mockery of affaires!! Failed to understand it's something racial or any link to the culprit.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 05 Jun 2014 9:14 am

Pradeep Kumar Boora wrote:
zzm9980 wrote:
Pradeep Kumar Boora wrote: Any link to your innocent brother ???
No, but I almost wish when I had first come across this thread I had offered to resolve your problems and collect your money for you for $1000. I reckon I could have had you Western Union me the money and been spending it at a KTV before you even realized you'd been scammed twice.
you look like that only a scammer and great sympathier for cheater!!
Cannot wish any luck for your grand wishes just may you get your place where you deserve behind bars.
sarcasm fail 101

martincymru
Reporter
Reporter

Post by martincymru » Thu, 05 Jun 2014 9:15 am

Does the sum of money (the amount in question) bear any relationship as to whether the Police get involved formally?

Forgive me if my question is naïve or missing the point.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 05 Jun 2014 9:28 am

martincymru wrote:Does the sum of money (the amount in question) bear any relationship as to whether the Police get involved formally?

from what I know, NO, if you mean men in blue turning up in patrol cars ....

uniform police don't get involved in Civil matters, disputes, ex. he said-she said, I transferred money but I want it back, or I gave money to the wrong guy and verbal arguments,I just don't like the way he talk/dress/smell/smile

for large scale cheating, there is commercial affairs division, and for corrupt practices, CPIB

yogaloungeforever
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yogaloungeforever » Thu, 05 Jun 2014 9:40 am

Typical india(n) ....

Pradeep Kumar Boora wrote:.... Not sure how you conclude I am ungrateful .....
Life is short hence I live it to its fullest, that is .... I eat and sleep

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by bro75 » Thu, 05 Jun 2014 9:44 am

OP, continue the fight and don't give up. Hope it ends well with you.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 05 Jun 2014 9:46 am

http://singaporelegaladvice.com/differe ... civil-law/

Landlord and Tenant disputes are civil matters. However, a twist in the OPs case is that it's not clear what if any form of contract had been entered into (verbal, an e-mail, etc).

If there wasn't yet any form of contract, then perhaps it does fall under 'cheating' which appears to be a criminal matter.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 05 Jun 2014 9:49 am

yogaloungeforever wrote:Typical india(n) ....

Can you give us a break from your repeated racism please? It's bringing a bad vibe to the forum.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Thu, 05 Jun 2014 10:00 am

ecureilx wrote:
martincymru wrote:Does the sum of money (the amount in question) bear any relationship as to whether the Police get involved formally?

from what I know, NO, if you mean men in blue turning up in patrol cars ....

uniform police don't get involved in Civil matters, disputes, ex. he said-she said, I transferred money but I want it back, or I gave money to the wrong guy and verbal arguments,I just don't like the way he talk/dress/smell/smile

for large scale cheating, there is commercial affairs division, and for corrupt practices, CPIB
Interesting, not more than 2 months back there was a verbal argument in my condo and the patrol car came in. Even more interestingly, few years back we managed without any sweat to have a patrol car sent for and IP argument. IP - Intellectual property. The men in blue officers turned up to be very knowledgeable and completely supported our stand. I was truly impressed. Unlike this obvious case, people have very limited knowledge what kind of IP offense is criminal.

It means a lot how do you talk to the police, respond to their questions and how clearly you are able to explain the problem.

Lastly, I will be less euphemistic than in my previous post and tell you this: please stop spreading this rubbish. You can make people fail. Is this your intention?

yogaloungeforever
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yogaloungeforever » Thu, 05 Jun 2014 10:04 am

Trying to make sense of OP's english below :???: ... typical india(n) grammar ....

yogaloungeforever wrote:Mate, i lost $4k in a taxi and till today I've not been able to recover the money!

As for OP, you are atypical of some Indians (from India) i know who blah ... blah but no real action. your SCT and all this asking for a debt collector is really asking for someone to do the dirty job for you while you sit on your bum and moan in this forum!
Pradeep Kumar Boora wrote:....cheated and finding no real response after
nth attempts.
Everyone knew life is short and want just eat and sleep unless forced to come out of comfort zone to face such unpleasant realities.
Mate I am not like you who use fake identity. For your info no one in world is free to do dirty or nice job all need there fair share. Seems you cannot digest the truth being spill out here in broad light.
I knew why I join the forum but not sure of your motives ? ??
Life is short hence I live it to its fullest, that is .... I eat and sleep

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 05 Jun 2014 10:17 am

yogaloungeforever wrote:Trying to make sense of OP's english below :???: ... typical india(n) grammar ....

yogaloungeforever wrote:Mate, i lost $4k in a taxi and till today I've not been able to recover the money!

As for OP, you are atypical of some Indians (from India) i know who blah ... blah but no real action. your SCT and all this asking for a debt collector is really asking for someone to do the dirty job for you while you sit on your bum and moan in this forum!
Mate I am not like you who use fake identity. For your info no one in world is free to do dirty or nice job all need there fair share. Seems you cannot digest the truth being spill out here in broad light.
I knew why I join the forum but not sure of your motives ? ??
yogaloungeforever,

Please stop antagonising OP, especially with your signature anti-Indian sentiment. OP's level of English is irrelevant to this discussion of him being cheated (and/or being unable to resolve this problem due to his attitude or circumstances).

It would be easier for others to take your inputs more seriously if you are more objective than this...

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 05 Jun 2014 10:23 am

x9200 wrote:...
I wrote what I wrote from what I have seen and experienced

now if I yell at my neighbors that they placed a flower pot facing my door and that pot is reflecting bad energy, and they call the cops, cops will turn up and then what?

from my experience they will advice what can be done, and away they go.

they are not going to arrest me or my neighbors as this falls under civil dispute

likewise when a friend was harassed by phone by a guy he had a business deal that went bad my friend marched into the Orchard police station and demanded the police arrest the other guy

the police man on duty heard the whole story and recommended that my friend file a magistrates complaint as this is a civil matter

another friend transferred money to a guy and changed his mind as the item on offer wasn't what he wanted and decided to get a refund.

like above, Police advice was that it is a civil dispute ...

now if you feel I am feeding wrong info and the OP here deserves to get the police to arrest the landlord and throw the landlord into jail I differ to your opinion ...

the case here has a lot of missing details

for example what if the landlord maintains it was a personal loan? or the landlord insists the amount was for move in Next year? just many ifs ...

anyway I again will differ to your expertise