Singapore Expats

Sounds Like A Very Reasonable Man...

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Sounds Like A Very Reasonable Man...

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 22 May 2014 5:04 am

Asking some very reasonable questions about the response and actions of the Malaysian government.

http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/news/fourco ... v_288p.mp4

Especially when compared to the responses of the defense minister.

http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/news/fourco ... v_288p.mp4

Max Headroom
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Max Headroom » Thu, 22 May 2014 11:24 am

Well, his position is much less worrisome of course. He can question and second-guess to his heart's content, because he's not accountable. Moreover, his criticism is always going to be justified, given the mess left by the other chap et al.

Meanwhile, the other chap has the unenviable task to to spin-doctor the mess away, impossible of course, since he's already been proven wrong. Which is why the lady is smelling blood right off the bat.

It doesn't help that Anwar is oozing charisma and the other chap isn't exactly.

Still, kudos to the other chap for doing the interview at all.

Edit: Syntax.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 22 May 2014 12:29 pm

Max Headroom wrote:Well, his position is much less worrisome of course. He can question and second-guess to his heart's content, because he's not accountable. Moreover, his criticism is always going to be justified, given the mess left by the other chap et al.

Meanwhile, the other chap has the unenviable task to to spin-doctor the mess away, impossible of course, since he's already been proven wrong. Which is why the lady is smelling blood right off the bat.

It doesn't help that Anwar is oozing charisma and the other chap isn't exactly.

Still, kudos to the other chap for doing the interview at all.

Edit: Syntax.
Interesting perspective... I saw complete incompetence on the part of Malaysia's Minister of Defence, Hishammuddin Hussein... ignorance, defensiveness, and arrogance. Current Malaysia government completely sucks... this is but one more facet of a corrupt regime.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 22 May 2014 1:04 pm

Well, I certainly won't be flying them again.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 22 May 2014 1:28 pm

I certainly wont start. I've refused to fly them for 31 one years, a couple of more wont matter.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Max Headroom
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Max Headroom » Thu, 22 May 2014 2:44 pm

SE, I agree with you. In fact, my toes curled up so much, I couldn't watch that interview till the end.

That said, I'm guessing this debacle served as a wake-up call for the incumbents. Surely, they can now see what the rest of the civilized world already knows.