Singapore Expats

Dance classes for adults

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Lizberg

Dance classes for adults

Post by Lizberg » Wed, 21 May 2014 3:09 am

Hi, my family and I are moving to Singapore this summer, and whilst I won't be working I would like to be able to do something exciting for physical fitness, ie Dancing!! I'm nearly 50, to the border of being called fat, and my balance is not so good either, but I dooo love to dance!!! Can anyone please recommend a dance school, club, or gym that has dance classes for adult dancer wannabes like me? Jazz, Hip hop, or Latin to have fun and get fit (again!). I would love to stay feeling young, lose a bit of flabs, and improve my balance!!! Many thanks!!! :)
:) Lizberg

BedokAmerican
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BedokAmerican » Wed, 21 May 2014 2:00 pm

Some of the larger condo complexes have dance and yoga classes in their multipurpose rooms/function rooms. Typically an outside instructor will come in and conduct classes and you can either pay as you go or buy a package, depending on the instructor's policy.

Most condos also have lap pools and gyms with things such as treadmills, elliptical trainers, stationary bikes, resistance machines and free weights.

If you're going to be living in a condo, you might first want to check out the facilities there before forking over extra money for a gym membership or signing up for classes that might involve a long commute.

Also, do you know what part of Singapore you're going to be living? It might help in making recommendations.

avinash sabarwal

Re: Dance classes for adults

Post by avinash sabarwal » Tue, 02 Mar 2021 2:08 pm

Hi! I would recommend Bollywood Fitness classes, if you're into trying different genres. :)
I think they have a FB page. www.facebook.com/bollywoodforfitness

No harm trying. :)

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: Dance classes for adults

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 06 Mar 2021 8:53 pm

Stepping out studios does dance classes for adults at $20 per session. From what I know, they do dance fitness classes in addition to teaching different genres of dance, so you may want to check them out.