Singapore Expats Forum

Singapore Property Search

GUIDE: Where should I/we consider living? [Suggested v1.0]

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.

Sponsored by:
MetroResidences

lanuchiba

Re: GUIDE: Where should I/we consider living? [Suggested v1.0]

Postby lanuchiba » Sun, 09 Sep 2018 5:39 pm

I'm moving to Singapore in a couple of months and I need advice regarding what area would be best to rent a place. Kindly help. Thank you.

Priorities:
- budget: S$ 1500-2000
- workplace: Outram, preferably within 2 stops away from Outram Park MRT station
- size and/or type of ‪property‬: studio (partially furnished will do too), preferably with gym and pool facilities
- will you have a car here? No
- proximity to transport required. MRT-subway/buses/the airport/Malay border post: MRT/bus within 5 mins walking distance
- will you have any accompanying children needing to attend school? No
- will your employer being funding any fees; or will you, 'out of pocket'? Yes

Nice to have:
- will you need to be able to say walk to the local shops, a library, your doctor, a market, and so on? I may not cook too often, so around a place to get sub-S$10 lunch/dinner.
- access to any specific sport, social, and recreation facilities? Not necessarily
- are you considering bringing any pets. If so what kind, and will they require outdoor access and/or exercise? No
- are you considering bringing any parents/in-laws etc? Do they have specific needs (for example difficulty climbing stairs?) no

Your current home and commute:
- are you already a city dweller? i.e. Are you used to city-centre hustle and bustle, or would you hope for a bit more peace and quiet? Both are fine

Lanu

shibaandcat

Postby shibaandcat » Fri, 19 Oct 2018 4:10 pm

Priorities:
- your budget: around 2500 - 3000
- your workplace/s: CBD, Downtown
- the size and/or type of property that you are seeking: 2 bedrooms, no less than 650 square feet
- proximity to transport required. MRT-subway/buses/the airport/Malay border post (if so, which one). : LESS THAN 10 MIN walk to the MRT
- I would want a 30 minutes or less commute to work

Nice to have:
- will you need to be able to say walk to the local shops, a library, your doctor, a market, and so on?
- access to any specific sport, social, and recreation facilities?
- are you considering bringing any pets. If so what kind, and will they require outdoor access and/or exercise? Yes, two dogs
- are you considering bringing any parents/in-laws etc? Do they have specific needs (for example difficulty climbing stairs?) No

- are you already a city dweller? i.e. Are you used to city-centre hustle and bustle, or would you hope for a bit more peace and quiet? Flexible

Thank you for the help!

Maverick2011

Postby Maverick2011 » Sat, 20 Oct 2018 12:59 am

Priorities:
- your budget (approx range): Upto 3K per month
- your workplace/s (don't name names, just approx neighbourhood): Cecil street, Near Tanjong Pagar MRT (100m) & Telok Ayer MRT (600m)
- the size and/or type of property that you are seeking (#bedrooms, on-site facilities etc): Min 2 bedroom, 1000 sq ft plus, open space and facilities for 1.5 year old kid
- proximity to transport required. MRT-subway/buses/the airport/Malay border post (if so, which one). 500-600m access to Bus or MRT to work
- will you have any accompanying children needing to attend school? If so, age/s? Yes, after few months. 1.5 year old child
- are you looking at private (international/fee-paying, or local schools?): Private (international)
- will your employer being funding any fees; or will you, 'out of pocket'?: Out of Pocket
- is remaining within a national curriculum important; if so what nationality are you? Nope
- have you identified any such schools yet? Nope

Nice to have:
- will you need to be able to say walk to the local shops, a library, your doctor, a market, and so on? Would like Indian store nearby
- access to any specific sport, social, and recreation facilities?[color=#0040FF] Park etc. for child. Indian community of similar families - young professionals[/color]
- are you considering bringing any pets. If so what kind, and will they require outdoor access and/or exercise? No
- are you considering bringing any parents/in-laws etc? Do they have specific needs (for example difficulty climbing stairs?) No

- are you already a city dweller? i.e. Are you used to city-centre hustle and bustle, or would you hope for a bit more peace and quiet? Peace and quiet, but not too far from city
- what is the size and type (apartment, house+garden etc) of your current home? Floor in Landed house at home, 2500 sq ft
- what are any current commute times like? 1 hour each side, but want to limit my commute time to 30-35 mins