Singapore Expats

The tips thing, revisited

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sat, 07 Jun 2014 11:29 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote: The agents put on their jeans and ragged shirt/coats and caps. Didn't shave for a week and then waited for the crab boats to come in and like a lot of other people waiting on the docks, bought crabs by the bushel basket for several weeks and with that info it was rather easily to extrapolate to figure out their turnover annual turnover (crabbing season is for a limited time so there is no such thing as holidays and weekends during the crabbing season. (normally 75% of their daily catch is sold as a cash crop on the dock). A lot of them lost their boats, homes, trucks and ended up bankrupt.
I'm glad they put in all of that time and effort to get back Uncle Sam's rightful $$. Meanwhile, on Wall Street...

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 08 Jun 2014 12:21 am

In 2012 it cost the IRS 48 cents for every $100 in taxes it collected. Not too bad.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sun, 08 Jun 2014 3:24 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:In 2012 it cost the IRS 48 cents for every $100 in taxes it collected. Not too bad.
Yeah but compared to what? how much more effective could it have been spent I wonder?