Singapore Expats

Philippines entry with singapore EP photocopy

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
santosh143

Post by santosh143 » Fri, 16 May 2014 11:07 pm

Hi,

I lost my Singapore EP card, Monday i need to travel philiphines on business trip can i enter Philippines with photocopy of EP card.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sat, 17 May 2014 12:11 am

You need your PASSPORT to enter the Philippines, not your EP. When leaving, I've never been asked to show any kind of proof that I live in Singapore, and I would suspect that if such a request was made, your photocopy would be good enough.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 17 May 2014 10:02 am

^+1

This ties with my experience. Except I have been asked for proof of residency, and a photocopy of my 'pass' was sufficient.

santosh143

Post by santosh143 » Sat, 17 May 2014 11:55 am

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your information guys. one more clarification in this case while returning back to Singapore from Philippines is there any issues???.

once again thanks

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Re: Philippines entry with singapore EP photocopy

Post by zzm9980 » Sat, 17 May 2014 1:03 pm

santosh143 wrote:Hi,

Thanks a lot for your information guys. one more clarification in this case while returning back to Singapore from Philippines is there any issues???.

once again thanks
I'm guessing you're Indian, in which case there is no SVP on arrival for you. That means you'll almost certainly have to show the airline proof of permission to enter Singapore before they'll let you board a flight to there.They may or may not take that photo copy.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Philippines entry with singapore EP photocopy

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 17 May 2014 8:27 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
santosh143 wrote:Hi,

once again thanks
I'm guessing you're Indian, in which case there is no SVP on arrival for you. That means you'll almost certainly have to show the airline proof of permission to enter Singapore before they'll let you board a flight to there.They may or may not take that photo copy.
in Manila they don't take the photocopies of passes / proof of residence in Singapore

do they still stamp the EP on the passport ?

if so, a safe bet is to show that, than show a photocopy and the staff suddenly deciding to see the original

once, when I was asked proof of residency in Singapore, at airline check in,and just to see what happens, I asked if I don't show any proof are they going to keep me there or deport me to my country of origin as, for former I will be happy and latter, No Philippine flights go direct to my country, but I haven't been home for a while and love it .... if i got sent back FOC ....

the check in staff had a very constipated look on his face, and while contemplating what to do, I managed to 'locate' my passes for Singapore and with a big smile showed it to him ....

now, don't try that with the Philippine immigration ... sometimes they do ask, and for them a photocopy is sufficient ....