Singapore Expats

Pre employment medical check includes?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
sashameh

Pre employment medical check includes?

Post by sashameh » Fri, 16 May 2014 4:05 pm

Hi guys,

Need some help. Do u know wt pre employment med checkup includes in sg employers. Been in sg for two years and had a chance to find new employer. But wen MOM approvedd my spass. It says that medical is not applicable. I think maybe my current companys hiv and tb test is still valid which is necessary for spass.

But after my spass approved, I found out that I am Preggy .Thats y I wanna know if this pre employment conducted by employer includes pt. Even though the company allows spss to get pregnant I still dunno whether they will cancel my pass or wt .. I need some adv. Ty so much

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 16 May 2014 4:20 pm

Shouldn't be an issue unless your company has something against pregnant women.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

sashameh

Post by sashameh » Fri, 16 May 2014 4:24 pm

nakatago wrote:Shouldn't be an issue unless your company has something against pregnant women.
They said they allowed to get pregnant with benefits however I havent join the comp yet my spass just appoved

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 16 May 2014 4:37 pm

Bet you don't last through probation if they find out/know you are pregnant if it's a local company/SME
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sashameh

Post by sashameh » Fri, 16 May 2014 4:48 pm

Ohh so they do preg test…

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 16 May 2014 5:18 pm

Actually pre-employment medical check required by MOM only covers HIV and TB, aside from general items. The only time you need to declare you are pregnant is when you're supposed to undergo X-ray for TB when you are so.

So the question is not whether MOM is fine about you being pregnant, it is your employer.

On similar situation, my former company hired someone but he did not disclose that he was going into reservist two weeks after his hiring date. After he was hired, and one week before he was due for reservist, he then informed his supervisor about reservist and he was summarily dismissed for not being truthful during interview stage. I'm not sure if this one has legal implications.

sashameh

Post by sashameh » Fri, 16 May 2014 5:48 pm

Its not from mom. Its pre emp from compamy itself .spass are allowed to get preggy. Its not my intention its just so happen.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 16 May 2014 8:21 pm

sashameh wrote:Its not from mom. Its pre emp from compamy itself .spass are allowed to get preggy. Its not my intention its just so happen.
If you have been approved on an S pass, I hope your quoted salary is above $4K as you will not be allowed to have any dependents here while on an S pass if your income is less than that. This means your newborn child will not be able to stay with you in Singapore and will have to be taken back and left in your country of origin, provided the employer doesn't release you before your probation is up for getting pregnant. (They don't like having to pay for several months off, especially for a brand new employee.) I don't have a good feeling about this, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... fault.aspx
Passes for family members

S Pass applicants whose fixed monthly salary is at least $4,000 a month may apply for the Dependant's Pass (DP) for their family members. The DP application and supporting documents may be submitted together with the S Pass application or separately.

S Pass holders who earn less than $4,000 per month are not allowed to bring in their dependants, i.e. spouses (legally married) and children.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 17 May 2014 8:37 pm

sashameh wrote:Its not from mom. Its pre emp from compamy itself .spass are allowed to get preggy. Its not my intention its just so happen.
some companies do full screening .... including pregnancy...

as to what the company will do, well, we wouldn't know

but termination due to pregnancy is against the law but if your employer is an SME, they can find a hundred ways ....

sashameh

Post by sashameh » Sun, 18 May 2014 10:00 am

One of my friend was hired by them. She said only xray and blood test.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 18 May 2014 10:35 am

sashameh wrote:One of my friend was hired by them. She said only xray and blood test.
and my educated other half says dont go for X ray if you are pregnant .....

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 19 May 2014 1:04 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
If you have been approved on an S pass, I hope your quoted salary is above $4K as you will not be allowed to have any dependents here while on an S pass if your income is less than that. This means your newborn child will not be able to stay with you in Singapore and will have to be taken back and left in your country of origin, provided the employer doesn't release you before your probation is up for getting pregnant. (They don't like having to pay for several months off, especially for a brand new employee.) I don't have a good feeling about this, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... fault.aspx
Passes for family members

S Pass applicants whose fixed monthly salary is at least $4,000 a month may apply for the Dependant's Pass (DP) for their family members. The DP application and supporting documents may be submitted together with the S Pass application or separately.

S Pass holders who earn less than $4,000 per month are not allowed to bring in their dependants, i.e. spouses (legally married) and children.
If her husband is in Singapore on EP, that shouldn't be a problem, no?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 19 May 2014 1:46 pm

She hasn't mentioned her husband, if she has one, if he's in Singapore or if he is working. So, I'm assuming a worst case scenario. Not unheard of..... :-|