Singapore Expats

Foreign placement agency needed (WHP)

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
XDD321

Foreign placement agency needed (WHP)

Post by XDD321 » Thu, 15 May 2014 9:17 am

Hi everyone,

I am interested in the work holiday program. I think its more efficient to work with an agency which specializes in short term/internship/entry level placement. I DID my own research. (and it is quite funny one agency charges 350 the other charges like 4000 5000) If you have ever worked with an agency please post the name. Thank you.
Last edited by XDD321 on Thu, 15 May 2014 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 15 May 2014 10:04 am

Too lazy to do your own research? Want someone else to do it for you for free?

Wake up, sonny.

XDD321

Post by XDD321 » Thu, 15 May 2014 10:35 am

Actually I email some agencies and got reply back, but its better to choose the one with positive feedback. I want people who have positive experience to refer the agency to me. Thats all.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 15 May 2014 11:45 am

I don't ever remember anybody using an agency as the forms and processes are easy enough for an N level student to fill out.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

XDD321

Post by XDD321 » Thu, 15 May 2014 11:59 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I don't ever remember anybody using an agency as the forms and processes are easy enough for an N level student to fill out.
its not for visa process, most companies wouldnt hire short term or non local, I think those agencies have more connections

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Fri, 16 May 2014 11:10 am

XDD321 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:I don't ever remember anybody using an agency as the forms and processes are easy enough for an N level student to fill out.
its not for visa process, most companies wouldnt hire short term or non local, I think those agencies have more connections
i think you may have misunderstood the purpose of the WHP...
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 16 May 2014 11:46 am

taxico wrote:
XDD321 wrote:
i think you may have misunderstood the purpose of the WHP...
Agree. WHP application does not require prior hiring by local companies. WHP holders normally apply first, get WHP and then look for jobs and work within the given 6 months.