Singapore Expats Forum

A Doctors Precription for a F&#* up

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Postby zzm9980 » Tue, 13 May 2014 12:18 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:Lol at some of the posts here.. Ok! We decided to not use condoms even thought they were lying around... Feels better without anything right? :lol:
Anyway we got the pills, she asked her mom who's a doctor and she said not to take the pills as they can cause some heavy bleeding, plus side effects so I'm sitting here on my thumb hoping she won't get pregnant..
my gut feeling says it should be alright if she doesn't have periods in the next 2-3 days I'm gonna be a real worried man.

Damn, did you not take any kind of sex ed in school? A woman is only fertile for a day or two at a very specific time in her cycle. If she was only a few days away from her normal time when you did this you're almost certainly fine. Damn it man, just Google this shit. We're not a bunch of high schoolers here. I can't believe we're even having this discussion.

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Tue, 13 May 2014 12:53 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
rajagainstthemachine wrote:Lol at some of the posts here.. Ok! We decided to not use condoms even thought they were lying around... Feels better without anything right? :lol:
Anyway we got the pills, she asked her mom who's a doctor and she said not to take the pills as they can cause some heavy bleeding, plus side effects so I'm sitting here on my thumb hoping she won't get pregnant..
my gut feeling says it should be alright if she doesn't have periods in the next 2-3 days I'm gonna be a real worried man.

Damn, did you not take any kind of sex ed in school? A woman is only fertile for a day or two at a very specific time in her cycle. If she was only a few days away from her normal time when you did this you're almost certainly fine. Damn it man, just Google this shit. We're not a bunch of high schoolers here. I can't believe we're even having this discussion.

This is what happened in my case so thats why I am saying I am fine and yes I did receive a lot of sex ed in school :lol:
My main rant about this whole thing was the whole process involved to the pill..but anyway as I understand the side effects of this pill are not quite the same for everyone and it can cause serious problems sometimes.
anyway arrggh f&&* it, I just wished I'd reached out to that drawer first.
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

aster
Manager
Manager

Postby aster » Tue, 13 May 2014 1:05 pm

Hannieroo wrote:That's kind of the point of the dr visit, right?

Really, how is contraception only a woman's responsibilty? Joint sex, joint decision.

As much as I am cringing writing this, I cannot take any form of hormonal bc but I can use a mirena iud and have done since I was 22 with breaks for children. They last 5 years and your periods stop. Tell her to ask her mum.

Lots of horror stories about using this as a solution. But if you absolutely cannot take bc pills then I guess options are limited.

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Hannieroo » Tue, 13 May 2014 1:32 pm

I think you're confusing modern iud with the US copper coil scare of the seventies.

BedokAmerican
Chatter
Chatter

Postby BedokAmerican » Tue, 13 May 2014 3:27 pm

Rageagainstthemachine,

You're right that the morning after pill isn't an abortion pill. The morning after pill stops an egg from ovulating, or being released from the ovaries, so there won't be anything for the sperm to fertilize.

Assuming her cycles are regular (which isn't the case for all women), you might want to ask her when the first day of her last period was and when the expected first day of her next period is. Sperm can live up to 72 hours in the uterus. Therefore, if she has 30-day cycles and you had sex between day 12-15, that's when she's most likely to get pregnant if she's regular. If you had sex some other time, you're probably ok but not necessarily. You mention she might have her period in the next 2-3 days so it sounds like you're probably ok, but even so, not all women ovulate in the middle of their cycles even if their cycles are regular, so nothing is safe.

Here's my two cents:

You're better off just using condoms and she ought to demand it. What's better, no sex or sex with a condom? Or if you don't want to wear one, get one of those "female condoms" if they're still around and available in Singapore. Sounds like you were being irresponsible and just now realized it. Seriously, it had to have been embarrassing for her to talk to her mother about this. Imagine something like this happening to your daughter (if you had one). Well, guess what? She's someone's daughter!

Next time think with your head...the head that sits on your shoulders.

PNGMK
Director
Director

Postby PNGMK » Tue, 13 May 2014 6:29 pm

Hannieroo wrote:That's kind of the point of the dr visit, right?

Really, how is contraception only a woman's responsibilty? Joint sex, joint decision.

As much as I am cringing writing this, I cannot take any form of hormonal bc but I can use a mirena iud and have done since I was 22 with breaks for children. They last 5 years and your periods stop. Tell her to ask her mum.

Mirena and an ex were like a plague from God. Ungodly pain and the smell during intercourse rivaled an abattoir full of rotting corpses. Good for those it works with but terrible for those who didn't.

PNGMK
Director
Director

Postby PNGMK » Tue, 13 May 2014 6:30 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:
zzm9980 wrote:

This is what happened in my case so thats why I am saying I am fine and yes I did receive a lot of sex ed in school :lol:
My main rant about this whole thing was the whole process involved to the pill..but anyway as I understand the side effects of this pill are not quite the same for everyone and it can cause serious problems sometimes.
anyway arrggh f&&* it, I just wished I'd reached out to that drawer first.

Sex with a condom is not sex. Some men understand, most women don't.

movingtospore
Reporter
Reporter

Postby movingtospore » Tue, 13 May 2014 8:17 pm

That is not true. Not even close to being true. There are times that are more fertile than others but there is always the possibility of conceiving.

High school indeed.

taxico
Director
Director

Postby taxico » Tue, 13 May 2014 8:22 pm

BedokAmerican wrote:Rageagainstthemachine,

You're right that the morning after pill isn't an abortion pill. The morning after pill stops an egg from ovulating, or being released from the ovaries, so there won't be anything for the sperm to fertilize...

depending on how you view a zygote/embryo... and at what stage the pill was prescribed, it may result in a very (very) early pregnancy being spontaneously aborted... lots of heavy bleeding, etc.

i know this for a fact and from past medical experience.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Hannieroo » Tue, 13 May 2014 9:13 pm

I wish I could unread some of this. But not like game of thrones where I wish I could unread to read it again. Pass the mind bleach.

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Postby the lynx » Wed, 14 May 2014 2:43 pm

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Wed, 14 May 2014 3:13 pm

Wow you could use that guys nipple-shadow as a sundial, and hence - with him perched on your bow - navigate the world ...

:o

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 14 May 2014 4:42 pm

the lynx wrote:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3b/Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg[/img]

what? :-|

pisceangirl
Chatter
Chatter

Re: A Doctors Precription for a F&#* up

Postby pisceangirl » Wed, 14 May 2014 6:29 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:note to self: bring some from my next trip to India where they give these things away like candy for free.

1. No they don't- not free anyway

2. Moral of the Story = Use Protection

Really, what is there to discuss in this thread? Your gf's health is at stake and am sure you're not soliciting witch doctor remedies that have an x% probability of working (where x>0 hopefully)
Don't get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are. (Tupac)

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Re: A Doctors Precription for a F&#* up

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Thu, 15 May 2014 9:13 am

pisceangirl wrote:
rajagainstthemachine wrote:note to self: bring some from my next trip to India where they give these things away like candy for free.

1. No they don't- not free anyway

2. Moral of the Story = Use Protection

Really, what is there to discuss in this thread? Your gf's health is at stake and am sure you're not soliciting witch doctor remedies that have an x% probability of working (where x>0 hopefully)

they are almost free $4 vs $50+ ?
I'm seeing a witch doctor.....blood will spill soon!