Singapore Expats

Entrepreneur Visa

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
SuperDuperSMART

Entrepreneur Visa

Post by SuperDuperSMART » Fri, 09 May 2014 4:30 pm

Hello,

I am new here and this is my first post.

I am an owner of a successful business here in India. Me and my wife are planning to settled down in Singapore and I need to know how that can be possible for us.

I am more interested to get an Entrepreneur Visa, so that I can keep running my business from Singapore.

Any suggestion shall be appreciated.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 09 May 2014 5:00 pm

Start here:

http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... fault.aspx

After reading and digesting all contained on those pages and related links with the page regarding the Entrepass, if you then have additional questions please give us specific questions and we'll try to answer them for you if we can. A search of this site using the excellent search engine here will turn up considerable number of threads on the topic. Please avail yourself of those as well in your research.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 09 May 2014 9:49 pm

You can't get an Entrepass to run a business in India. You need to run a business in Singapore. To get started on an Entrepass, you need to put money in the bank. A year or two later you need to prove up that you've hired employees and spent money for salaries and expenses.

If you are independently wealthy then you might come over on one of the investment schemes.

At the moment there isn't any, "I have enough income to live in Singapore" passes.

SuperDuperSMART

Post by SuperDuperSMART » Fri, 09 May 2014 11:00 pm

Sundaymorningstaple, Thanks for the link.

Strong Eagle, I understand that I have to put money into Singapore bank like $50000 and I am ok with that. I want to know this

1. Funds I have to transfer to the bank before is getting the pass?
2. My business is totally overseas based, so I get all my incomes in foreign currencies i.e. USD, AUD, etc. so I can transfer my account to some Singapore bank to get the remittances. Is that ok?
3. Do I really need to hire full time guys from Singapore when I live their because I have already team of 5 people working here in India in my office.

There are more other questions but I don't want to ask all at once.

Let me know what is your thoughts.

AngMoG
Reporter
Reporter

Post by AngMoG » Fri, 09 May 2014 11:15 pm

SuperDuperSMART wrote: 3. Do I really need to hire full time guys from Singapore when I live their because I have already team of 5 people working here in India in my office.
Yes, that's the whole point of Entrepass. You can also start a (pte) ltd and employ yourself... look for the threads.

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Sat, 10 May 2014 12:04 am

Check out these threads.

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic ... highlight=

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic95345.html

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic93619.html (especially the first and last page)

You won't ever qualify for the Entrepass. Instead, you will need to acquire someone willing to be a nominee director, who will set up a private limited for you and they apply for an employment pass for you. Then you become director and the nominee director resigns. There are firms that handle these kind of transactions.

You will want to file manually so that you can submit business plans as I have noted in the threads above.

SuperDuperSMART

Post by SuperDuperSMART » Sat, 10 May 2014 2:07 pm

Instead, you will need to acquire someone willing to be a nominee director, who will set up a private limited for you and they apply for an employment pass for you. Then you become director and the nominee director resigns. There are firms that handle these kind of transactions.
Strong Eagle, Your answers are really helpful. Please can you tell me which are these companies? Just name one or two.
Yes, that's the whole point of Entrepass. You can also start a (pte) ltd and employ yourself... look for the threads.
AngMoG, thanks. This is really interesting to explore.

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Sat, 10 May 2014 5:44 pm

SuperDuperSMART wrote:
Instead, you will need to acquire someone willing to be a nominee director, who will set up a private limited for you and they apply for an employment pass for you. Then you become director and the nominee director resigns. There are firms that handle these kind of transactions.
Strong Eagle, Your answers are really helpful. Please can you tell me which are these companies? Just name one or two.
for a "super duper smart successful business owner" you really need to be spoon-fed!

https://www.contactsingapore.sg/investo ... programme/

you just write out a 2.5m$ check to your new family office in singapore or to a fund manager.

problem solved!
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 10 May 2014 6:56 pm

I was think about the same thing regarding his nick a couple of hours ago. :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Sat, 10 May 2014 9:17 pm

Janus. Rivkin. I recommend none of them because I don't know how well they follow through. I think Rivkin's prices are high.

You could also search for "SIngapore CPA" in Google, then contact them to see if they can supply a nominee director. A CPA can easily do all the rest.

SuperDuperSMART

Post by SuperDuperSMART » Mon, 12 May 2014 2:55 pm

for a "super duper smart successful business owner" you really need to be spoon-fed!

https://www.contactsingapore.s.....programme/

you just write out a 2.5m$ check to your new family office in singapore or to a fund manager.

problem solved!
Taxico, thanks for the link and reply. I know some of my questions are silly but I am still learning the process. Just wanted to know the options.
I was think about the same thing regarding his nick a couple of hours ago. Laughing
sundaymorningstaple, that's just a nick. :)
Janus. Rivkin. I recommend none of them because I don't know how well they follow through. I think Rivkin's prices are high.

You could also search for "SIngapore CPA" in Google, then contact them to see if they can supply a nominee director. A CPA can easily do all the rest.
Strong Eagle, thanks for the suggestions. I will surely contact these companies and will post my experience.

I further need to know that I have a 2 years' tourist visa for Singapore, can you please tell me:
1.) How long can I stay in Singapore in one go with a tourist visa?
2.) Can I take a home on rent for 3 months or something?
3.) How much rent I would have to pay per month for a furnished apartment?

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Addadude » Mon, 12 May 2014 3:22 pm

SuperDuperSMART wrote:I further need to know that I have a 2 years' tourist visa for Singapore, can you please tell me:
1.) How long can I stay in Singapore in one go with a tourist visa?
2.) Can I take a home on rent for 3 months or something?
3.) How much rent I would have to pay per month for a furnished apartment?
Jazus. Do you know how a search function works? These questions have been asked here countless times. :x
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 12 May 2014 3:27 pm

:roll: #-o ](*,)

Defo wants spoonfeeding.