Singapore Expats Forum

Will Loss Of Passport affect my EP P2 aprroval???

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:
The Club Residences

chillbro

Will Loss Of Passport affect my EP P2 aprroval???

Postby chillbro » Tue, 06 May 2014 12:27 am

Hi Everyone,

Firstly, appreciate everyone for your precious information sharings. This forum is awesome !!

i aint sure if this is already discussed or not, but this is my case in brief..

I cleared my interview for an MNC in Singapore. Salary offered is $6k+. They were about to start the visa processing for me.

To know about the expenses and living conditions of Singapore, I travelled from India to Singapore during late March. After my immigration at Changi Airport, with passport n white card stamped, unfortunately lost it at waiting hall within just 10mins (while still at the airport). Immediately, i informed the airport authorities, filed a compliaint at Airport Police booth, straight away went to ICA and got my replacement white card. Next day, i applied for the Emergency Certificate at Indian Embassy, stayed there for three days, got my EC and returned to India.

Here in India, I have applied for a fresh passport and should be getting it in few days. I will then produce the new passport number.

My question is, since approvals of the EP are at sole discretion of the MOM, will my Loss Of Passport episode hinder the approval of my Visa and EP? Will i be questioned on that when company applies for it? Is there any chances of rejection of visa? I have all the documents clear like police report, ICA copy, embassy clearance n all..

Please help me on this..
Thanks in advance!!

chillbro

Postby chillbro » Tue, 06 May 2014 4:52 pm

Could anyone please help me on this.. I am really worried about what would happen. Please share info if you have ever read/heard/seen such
Cases. Very kind of you!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Tue, 06 May 2014 5:33 pm

I can't see that it would matter, as you have all the reports/paperwork to back up what happened.

Just my 2c.

chillbro

Postby chillbro » Tue, 06 May 2014 10:52 pm

Thank u JR8 sir. All the other conditions of MOM fits, n i have checked giving in all my details on MOM eligibility check site. This just worries me a little bit! Thank for ur reply.

chillbro

Postby chillbro » Tue, 06 May 2014 11:38 pm

One more thing. I have sent the copies of police report etc to the company to attach it along with the visa application when being applied after my passport comes.

Will the MOM review the records and, finding it legitimate, approve my visa right away or will the Company / I be questioned on circumstances under which I lost it and then the visa will be approved??

Please post links to threads if any, that had discussed such issue earlier! Thanks..

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Wed, 07 May 2014 12:00 am

chillbro wrote:One more thing. I have sent the copies of police report etc to the company to attach it along with the visa application when being applied after my passport comes.

Will the MOM review the records and, finding it legitimate, approve my visa right away or will the Company / I be questioned on circumstances under which I lost it and then the visa will be approved??

Please post links to threads if any, that had discussed such issue earlier! Thanks..

Who can tell how they might consider it. But what I'd have thought is that you've handled it in a rigorous and immediate way. If passports thefts are at all common at the airport, then the authorities will already be aware of this. Even if not, some people do lose, or mislay their passports... it is not the end of the world, and it can't be that uncommon, especially as some people wait a year+ for some kinds of visa approvals in SG.

You lost your old passport, you'll apply for a new one with exactly the same credentials. Where's your potential gain from being complicit to some lie? I don't see it.

There doesn't seem much to 'question' you on beyond your pre-existing official reports.

I appreciate it's tough, but I'd try hard not to worry.

chillbro

Postby chillbro » Wed, 07 May 2014 12:19 am

Oh thank you sir. Your reply gives me some confidence. Ya, i did file all reports necessary within two hours.. very immediate!

chillbro

Postby chillbro » Wed, 07 May 2014 12:22 am

Oh thank you sir. Your reply gives me some confidence. Ya, i did file all reports necessary within two hours.. very immediate!

chillbro

Postby chillbro » Wed, 07 May 2014 12:30 am

Sir, Will it take around same time (3-6 weeks, since applied manually) for visa approval or it ll take longer coz of this.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Wed, 07 May 2014 12:34 am

Can't help you there.

But can't see it changes anything materially.

I appreciate that for you it's a huge annoyance, but like I observed, it can't be that uncommon.

Beeroclock
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Beeroclock » Wed, 07 May 2014 9:36 am

chillbro, u need to live up to your name... chill bro

chillbro

Postby chillbro » Wed, 07 May 2014 4:21 pm

Thank u JR8.

Anybody else on this? Maybe from somewhere, maybe from long time back, u might know / somebody telling u, such thing happened around.., anything of that sort, please share here.

gailwynand
Regular
Regular

Postby gailwynand » Wed, 07 May 2014 4:26 pm

I highly doubt this will be an issue - people lose their passports all the time.

I wouldn't even include the police report with my application. Why confuse the MOM person reviewing your application with documents they didn't ask for? That is likely to subject it to further scrutiny than it would get otherwise.

If they have any questions about the incident they will ask you for documentation at which point you can supply it.

chillbro

Postby chillbro » Wed, 07 May 2014 4:49 pm

:) beeroclock, i wish i could, on this regard.. But since it is singapore n lately, hearing stuffs like the visa approvals for indians are highly scrutinised and if anything at all peculier pops up, there is lot of questionings, especially after the Little India Incidence last year, It keeps me a little worried though my visa profile is strong in terms of applying company's profile, salary, exp, qualification, job profile, everything.

I have been waiting for four months for getting this job confirmed! So, even the slightest of doubts, when strikes me, makes me anxious about what would happen.
This is why brother, i m waiting to hear confident confirmation from as many, that this loss of passport thing wont go against me!

chillbro

Postby chillbro » Wed, 07 May 2014 5:03 pm

gailwynand wrote:I highly doubt this will be an issue - people lose their passports all the time.

I wouldn't even include the police report with my application. Why confuse the MOM person reviewing your application with documents they didn't ask for? That is likely to subject it to further scrutiny than it would get otherwise.

If they have any questions about the incident they will ask you for documentation at which point you can supply it.

Thanks gailwynand.. Actually, company is recommending to attach them, as they feel, MOM will later question them why this wasnt informed, as loss of PP happened in singapore..and... that would delay the approval further!

Is this fine or as u say, attaching would actually delay. throw some light on this pls.