Singapore Expats

Another FT showing the middle finger :)

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 07 May 2014 12:43 pm

my 2 cents

those who complain about driving here should try driving in nearby countries especially in dual carriage way with no dividers ....

Singapore driving is 100 times better and safer

plus in India or Sri lanka, you can't drive without constant horning ...

some slow vehicle will cut in front of you and the fast lane or .. pedestrians will dash .. even if you horn ...

and one day driving in Philippines made me wish I didn't drive there .. going up hill, a 10 wheeled long truck insists on being in the middle of the road lest he slow down and loose his momentum ... for nearly 30 minutes .. till a Pajero zooms in a blind curve nearly crashing into an oncoming bus .. or a jeepney U turns right in front of you from extreme right lane .. knowing you will stop ..

it is less stress driving here ...in Singapore ... says me

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 07 May 2014 1:30 pm

Actually I find it twice as stressful as here, one has already heard how advanced the population (sic) is, so one anticipates that they would drive with a modicum of common sense . Not to be. When going to another regional country you tend to make allowances knowing those countries are backward as hell so you don't anticipate the drivers would be top notch. Here you have good roads, well lit roads, wide roads, but idiot drivers who do nothing but abuse it. Other regional countries have horrible roads and drivers who match but most are all on the same page and while they horn, it's the norm there and not acting out some aggressive tendencies. I've driven in Thailand, Malaysia & Indonesia (several of the islands) and the 'peens but only in outlying areas like Palawan. They are all over the place but each one tries to make room for the other, regardless of whether they are in the middle of the road or on the wrong side of the road altogether.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers