Singapore Expats Forum

Multimedia Technology... & Gaming Industry....

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

dyg

Multimedia Technology... & Gaming Industry....

Postby dyg » Mon, 10 Jan 2005 3:54 pm

Hi anyone,

i am interested to learn more about the current news and prospects of multimedia technology, and i would like to hear advise from anyone about the pros and cons in pursuing a degree in that field. As well, l would be thankful if anyone can advise me on the gaming industry, what i've heard is that Singapore has plans in getting into the gaming industry as well.

thx and rgds
dyg :D

Socialman

Multimedia & Gaming

Postby Socialman » Sun, 27 Mar 2005 7:43 am

Hi Dude

You are right in one way.....Multimedia is the next biggest market in Asia and in Singapore. My suggestion with regards to this is you can learn a few long courses like Maya,3d Studio Max,Combustion-where these softwares deal only 3d and with regards to 2d it is again Flash etc...

I hope this info will carry you enough far...

Thnx
Socialman

kfk

3D software

Postby kfk » Sat, 23 Apr 2005 12:30 am

check out this school and studio called Intense Animation Studios. It's the only high end software school in Singapore, run by an Australian. A friend of mine took their course and landed himself a really good job based on the portfolio he did while on the course. And the class size is really small so lots of personal attention.

good luck!

pradeepavadhani

Try this

Postby pradeepavadhani » Sun, 24 Apr 2005 6:33 pm

Hi

You can try these websites for more information....

http://www.exchange4media.com/Ficci_ful ... &tag=10391

OR

http://www.ida.gov.sg/idaweb/doc/downlo ... -03-05.pdf

Hope this helps you

Regards
Pradeep Avadhani