Singapore Expats Forum

Korean Drama

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Korean

Re: Good Korean dramas

Postby Korean » Mon, 18 Jul 2005 3:01 pm

Hi,

You can easily find 'Jewel Of The Palace' in Poh Kim Video shop. They are having offer now. Mandarin or Han Yu Pin Yin called "Da Chang Jin". In Korean is Dae Jang Gung.

Anonymous wrote:
blues wrote:
cherie1007 wrote:Hi,

These are my recommendations:

1. Winter Sonata
2. Hotelier
3. Beautiful days
4. Stairyway to Heaven

Some others to consider:
A. What Happened In Bali
B. Damo
C. Full House (comedy)

Jewel Of The Palace comes very highly recommended by many. I've yet to find myself a copy of that, though.

Yes, watched it a few times, DVD is better, allows you to search.

la fea

korean drama

Postby la fea » Fri, 22 Jul 2005 4:50 pm

i watched MEMORIES OF BALI and it was so damn good! its not like any other happy-ending-drama-story..u should watch it too

Postby Guest » Mon, 22 Aug 2005 4:03 pm

what happened in bali/memories of bali.. i cant get enough of it.. got me googling this series for a month.. already got the dvd but i still cant get over it!! very good series indeed!

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

korean drama

Postby earthfriendly » Mon, 22 Aug 2005 9:14 pm

I got hooked after watching "Glass Slippers". This soap has it all, love story, suspense and drama. It has an exceptional script and excellent actress. I especially love the actress who plays the elder sister.

She is simply stunning. Very gorgeous and has a sophiscated air about her. I don't really know how to describe it but an aura of nobility in her character. You know what I mean, the kind of beauty atypical to East Asian ladies. And I am a woman myelf...If anyone knows her name and other movie she is in, please let me know.

I also love Da Chang Jing, the first royal woman physician in Korea. I love all the history that goes on in this series.

myworld21

Re: korean drama

Postby myworld21 » Tue, 23 Aug 2005 10:27 pm

earthfriendly wrote:I got hooked after watching "Glass Slippers". This soap has it all, love story, suspense and drama. It has an exceptional script and excellent actress. I especially love the actress who plays the elder sister.

She is simply stunning. Very gorgeous and has a sophiscated air about her. I don't really know how to describe it but an aura of nobility in her character. You know what I mean, the kind of beauty atypical to East Asian ladies. And I am a woman myelf...If anyone knows her name and other movie she is in, please let me know.

I also love Da Chang Jing, the first royal woman physician in Korea. I love all the history that goes on in this series.

her name is, Kim Jee Soo. She was a top actress 10 years ago.

i recommend All-In the most. that's even much more interesting than the famouse winter sonata. most koreans think All-In is the best in recent.
you can't sleep without watching through it all, 24 series...lol ; )

the songs in the drama are also very nice.

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

korean soap

Postby earthfriendly » Wed, 24 Aug 2005 3:45 pm

I can't believe Kim Jee Soo has been acting for over 10 years. How old is she?

Thanks for the headsup. I will look out for All In.

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

korean soap

Postby earthfriendly » Wed, 24 Aug 2005 3:47 pm

I can't believe Kim Jee Soo has been acting for over 10 years. How old is she?

Thanks for the headsup. I will look out for All In.

myworld21

Postby myworld21 » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 11:05 pm

she is 32?? i guess... yeah, you should watch it. no regret. :wink:

backsheep

is it possible to rent Jewel in the Palace VCD in Singapore?

Postby backsheep » Sat, 27 Aug 2005 8:46 pm

I missed a whole week of Jewel in the palace broadcasted by Chn 55 of CableTV. Is it possible to rent the Vcds of certain episodes in Singapore? If there is, can anyone lend a helping hand to inform me?

muakz

Postby muakz » Mon, 26 Sep 2005 12:43 pm

Have the following korean dramas for sale:

Royal Prince's First Love - new, have not watched before. $28
The Nymph & The Con Artist - excellent condition as watched once only. $15
Something of 1% - excellent condition as watched once only. $15
Sweet 18 / 18 Year old Bride / Little 18 Year old Bride - excellent condition as watched once only. $25

Pls PM me if interested. Thanks.

sophiachee

Re: Korean Drama

Postby sophiachee » Fri, 30 Sep 2005 2:34 pm

Korea wrote:I have recently picked up watching Korean dramas, can anyone recommend me some nice dramas to watch?

In reply to you request, I would like to recommend "StairWay to Heaven" to you. It is a very touching, dramatic and romantic drama series. It electrified my heart although I watched this series more than twice. The sucessful of this series owned by the director who knows how to present the true love to the audience as well as the chemistry between the actor and actress.

This drama is showing on channel U every Monday and Tuesday at 10.00 p.m.

Fan of Korean Drama