Singapore Expats

16 Tips To Pick Up Local Women in Singapore

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
BedokAmerican
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BedokAmerican » Fri, 02 May 2014 9:17 am

Playing games and trying various "methods" is probably a waste of time, no matter who someone is trying to "pick up." Best just to be yourself and tell the truth. That way, you don't have to remember anything.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 02 May 2014 9:36 am

BedokAmerican wrote:Playing games and trying various "methods" is probably a waste of time, no matter who someone is trying to "pick up." Best just to be yourself and tell the truth. That way, you don't have to remember anything.
Spot on BA. And that's why 'blind-dating' (aka internet dating etc) is such a waste of time, as the people will be projecting a 'how I'd like to be thought of' lie. As I've said before it's ok for '**** and chuck', a bit of fun, if that is what you're after, but it's no way to find a keeper, i.e. someone that you'll respect.

Group activities, going diving, joining a cookery course*, a hiking club, hey even going to a 'SexPat' meet-up +*1000 other possibilities.... is WAY WAAAY more likely to allow you to see people for what they're really like.

* I mispelled that as 'cokkery course', lol!

nanana
Chatter
Chatter

Post by nanana » Fri, 02 May 2014 10:19 am

JR8 wrote:
BedokAmerican wrote:Playing games and trying various "methods" is probably a waste of time, no matter who someone is trying to "pick up." Best just to be yourself and tell the truth. That way, you don't have to remember anything.
Spot on BA. And that's why 'blind-dating' (aka internet dating etc) is such a waste of time, as the people will be projecting a 'how I'd like to be thought of' lie. As I've said before it's ok for '**** and chuck', a bit of fun, if that is what you're after, but it's no way to find a keeper, i.e. someone that you'll respect.
but...but...those Singapore expat dating & friends pictures at the right hand side of your screen are just sooo tempting!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 02 May 2014 10:32 am

nanana wrote: but...but...those Singapore expat dating & friends pictures at the right hand side of your screen are just sooo tempting!

The same pix have been going around, over, and over.... and over for perhaps 10 years.

I'd prefer a fresher model.

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Sun, 08 Jun 2014 7:09 am

OP, you missed out the most important thing of all - at least according to Singapore's very own version of Swiss Toni...
Richard North wrote:nasal hair must be trimmed.
Be careful what you wish for

Max Headroom
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Max Headroom » Sun, 08 Jun 2014 8:43 am

Mi Amigo wrote:OP, you missed out the most important thing of all - at least according to Singapore's very own version of Swiss Toni...

Or maybe not. I saw this uncle, a hot and cold drinks stall uncle in a hawker center in town, who had thick tufts of nasal hair growing out of his nostrils.

He'd groomed both of them to curve backwards. Yes, they were that long. The whole thing gave his set-up a kind of streamlined Wolverine look that he obviously wore with pride.

It could just work eh.

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Wed, 29 Oct 2014 7:10 pm

Max Headroom wrote:
Mi Amigo wrote:OP, you missed out the most important thing of all - at least according to Singapore's very own version of Swiss Toni...

Or maybe not. I saw this uncle, a hot and cold drinks stall uncle in a hawker center in town, who had thick tufts of nasal hair growing out of his nostrils.

He'd groomed both of them to curve backwards. Yes, they were that long. The whole thing gave his set-up a kind of streamlined Wolverine look that he obviously wore with pride.

It could just work eh.
I just had mine waxed (first time) it was eye watering but amazing, feels so much better except when swimming the smooth nostrils now seem to funnel the water in!
Last edited by QRM on Thu, 30 Oct 2014 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 29 Oct 2014 7:37 pm

QRM wrote:I just had mine waxed (first time) it was eye watering, but amazing feels so much better, except when swimming the smooth nostrils now seem to funnel the water in!
You had your nostrils waxed!? :o :shock:

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Wed, 29 Oct 2014 7:59 pm

JR8 wrote:
QRM wrote:I just had mine waxed (first time) it was eye watering, but amazing feels so much better, except when swimming the smooth nostrils now seem to funnel the water in!
You had your nostrils waxed!? :o :shock:
And my ears! It was done at one of those Ye Oldie Gentlemen barber shop rather than those back, sack, and crack places. Apparently people even wax their face to save time shaving!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 30 Oct 2014 8:01 am

I just pull 'em out! :???: Although I can't imagine pulling out more'n 3 or 4 at a time, e.g., waxing! I can just imagine the exponential magnitude of pain based on many a good successful yank of 3/4 strands at once. :o
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 30 Oct 2014 8:18 am

Didn't someone invent nose hair trimmers for a reason?
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 30 Oct 2014 8:56 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I just pull 'em out! :???: Although I can't imagine pulling out more'n 3 or 4 at a time, e.g., waxing! I can just imagine the exponential magnitude of pain based on many a good successful yank of 3/4 strands at once. :o
Actually I have seen taxi uncles pulling out nose hair, apparently to keep them awake while driving :D :D

Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Post by Steve1960 » Thu, 30 Oct 2014 9:03 am

Why is it that as I get older I lose the hair on my head but have to endure exponential growth of hair up my nose and in and around my ears?

I even have three rogue eye brow hairs which won't stop growing and one grey eye lash hair which does the same. :(

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 30 Oct 2014 9:27 am

I must have a couple of more years on you, as I have 3 on each eyebrow. Just chopped one off a couple of days ago because it kept hanging in from of my eye, like a wayward fishing line. Same with the ear hairs, but I've not got 'em in my ears but growing around the edges of the wings but they get whacked weekly when I headblade the old noggin'.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Thu, 30 Oct 2014 9:31 am

nakatago wrote:Didn't someone invent nose hair trimmers for a reason?
Got a whole draw full of them, but you have to keep trimming every few days and you can never get all the buggers, not to mention the brain power required to figure out which way to move in your ears when looking in mirror is beyond me in the morning.

As to the pain plucking each strand is very painful, but some how this one huge yank and all the hairs comes out seems less so, maybe your body goes into shock and you don't really notice it. No denying there was a lot of WTF yelling going on, even the guy doing it was apologetic as I was a wax Virgin. But it is quite funny seeing the stick with all the hairs on it, sort of like a hairy cuppa-chop lolly pop.

But now almost 4 weeks on little sprouts are popping up, so I am looking for a bunch in Singapore that can do the same. I like the fact that there's a sort of blowing over a milk bottle sound when it's windy around my nose.
Last edited by QRM on Thu, 30 Oct 2014 12:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.