Singapore Expats Forum

Job in Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

new expat

Job in Singapore

Postby new expat » Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:40 pm

Hi

I am moving to Singapore in the coming month . My husband is already there on an EP.I am aware that i can work on a DP pass.I am currently working as a Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore,India.

I am looking for a job as software engineer or system analyst in Singapore. Any hints how do I start to search for it? Any good headhunter or job site about IT/telecommunication jobs? Would it be very difficult to get a job there?

I have a Bachelors degree in Computer Science and Engineering and I have been working in the IT industry for the last four years.

Any help would be very appreciated.

RS

Francis28

Postby Francis28 » Wed, 12 Jan 2005 6:51 pm

Hi RS, have your husband secured a job here in Singapore? I assume that you want to provide a second stream of income for your household?

new expat

Job in Singapore

Postby new expat » Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:07 pm

Yes,my husband has already taken up a job in Singapore.
I would like to work as i have been working since quite some time
and would like to continue doing so in Singapore also.
I am qualified professional and as you have said this in turn would add to our income
RS

Francis28

Postby Francis28 » Thu, 13 Jan 2005 6:32 pm

RS it's very thoughtful of you to be thinking of sharing the burden with your husband =)

On average a fresh graduate in the IT/Telecommunications sector receives SGD1.8k, 2k to be optimistic. However, for someone with experience like you, i guess you can negotiate for more, probably in the region of 2.5 - 3k, that's being optimistic about the situation. Of course it has a lot to do with luck too, if you meet the right employer/ right company.

Anyway, would like to know how long have you and your husband been married? =)

Rgds,
Francis