Singapore Expats

Top Stomping - Nice picture though...

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 24 Apr 2014 11:25 am

@ 504. Any breach of the peace had already been provoked, by the bad driving of the accuser.

@ 509. A ridiculous law, as you have no idea what a woman might choose to be offended by on any given day. Am I guilty for giving the wrong reply to 'Does my bum look big in this?' - where does it end? And I mean, men can't get offended too, what of equality?

A year in jail because my wife is PMSing and I say her new haut-branded 3 sizes too small, but on special offer, jeans make her bum look a bit stumpy. Uniquely Singapore!

Steve1960
Editor
Editor

Post by Steve1960 » Thu, 24 Apr 2014 11:36 am

JR8 wrote: A year in jail because my wife is PMSing and I say her new haut-branded 3 sizes too small, but on special offer, jeans make her bum look a bit stumpy. Uniquely Singapore!
More like 5 years and a public flogging if my wife is anything to go by

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 24 Apr 2014 11:43 am

'But dalling!!! they were reduced from $300 to $239!!!'

lol

GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL » Mon, 05 May 2014 11:42 am

What an annoying idiot.

ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Post by ScoobyDoes » Mon, 05 May 2014 2:44 pm

GeorgeL wrote:What an annoying idiot.

Who is? You is?

I've lost count of the number of times I've nearly come a cropper at a pedestrian crossing because a numbnut is not looking, not caring, driving a chuffing SUV so automatically 'gets right of way' or just a plain ol' selfish SoaB.

I tend to stand my ground knowing I've given them enough warning I was about to cross but still a few have flown barely inches past my face.

So, the law says I have no right to fly off the handle and hurtle a few choice words at the Muppet who nearly killed me? In view of Singapore's pressure cooker environment, crazy and often selfish driving it has to be taken with a pinch of salt that the guy is an idiot. What is the chance he was unlucky enough to end up on film on the one time in 5yrs he's been so irritated?

For me, I get annoyed almost every trip out on the road but 99% of the time I can keep control and just accept it for what it is.....including JR8's observation on such poor parking. I witnessed somebody yesterday struggling to park a Hyundai Getz!!!! The other problem is people who buy cars too big for them to drive, but need to show off because of Singapore's unique pricing policies.
'When Lewis Hamilton wins a race he has to thank Vodafone whereas in my day I used to chase the crumpet. I know which era I'd rather race in.'

SIR Stirling Moss OBE

movingtospore
Reporter
Reporter

Post by movingtospore » Tue, 06 May 2014 3:07 pm

Precisely. You do get to the point here, after dealing with day, after day, after day, of close calls on the roads due to not much more than stupidity...when you start to react and tell people off. There are worse places to drive than Singapore I suppose...Jakarta...but there it's almost justified given people's lack of education and so on. So what's the excuse here? the stupid behaviour here is just shocking.

Wait, I got it, it's the foreigners' fault. That must be it.

Brah
Manager
Manager

Post by Brah » Wed, 07 May 2014 8:53 pm

They're coming out of the woodwork

URL CENSORED DUE TO COPYRIGHT ISSUES

This guy seems reasonable, we don't know the full story

ok, that was blocked, but Googling "singapore fight motorcycle" brings up the clip, no idea how old it is, but timely