Singapore Expats Forum

silkair interview

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
hzs10
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri, 13 Mar 2015

Re: silkair interview

Postby hzs10 » Fri, 13 Mar 2015 1:50 pm

mzchoccie wrote:Sia has applicants coming in the hundreds. When I went for my silkair interview, which I went at 2pm, there were only 3 groups so far. I failed sia twice and got booted out really early so I'm surprised I got all the way to medicals with silkair.

Is the interview like sia interview got 5 stages? Would u mind to share the whole process? Thanks

mzchoccie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun, 09 Sep 2012

Re: silkair interview

Postby mzchoccie » Fri, 13 Mar 2015 2:38 pm

I'll talk about the silk air one then? Since the sia interview process is quite infamous already.

So for silkair, you enter a small room that has full wall mirrors on 3 walls. There are 2 groups of 10 chairs. One group is where you wait to be called to the front so they could check your certs and they'll ask you some questions eg. notice period. Then you sit in the other group. They'll wait till they get enough people in 1 group before moving into another room for the group interview.

Before the group interview, everyone will be called and asked to line up, to get your height measured and do the reach test. During the group interview, they just asked us to introduce ourselves and also tell why you want to be a cabin crew. For some, especially crew or ex-crew of other airlines, they'll ask more questions when it's your turn.

After that, we went outside the room and waited for the lucky ones who moved on the next round. Around 5 minutes to wait.

Then you proceed to yet another room for uniform fitting. Some people get to choose the uniform size, others the staff will choose for you. Then just do a normal walk back and forth and then they will check you for scars and any weird stuff - arms, legs, neck, back?

Then an interviewer will take you into a room for a 1-to-1 interview. This is like a normal interview I guess?

For some, the management round will be on the day itself, others on a different day.

During management, there will be 3 interviewers. You will all be seated with some space between applicants and interviewers. One by one, you'll be called to the front and asked various questions. And that is all. While it is another person's turn, it is common courtesy to give all your attention to them. I was sitting beside this rude boorish girl who couldn't read the situation. I don't know how she got through. She was yawning, fiddling with her purse, rolling her eyes etc.

At the end, one interviewer will speak and talk more about the company and you are also allowed to ask questions. I was told the take home pay was in the range of 2.5k to 3k. People I know say otherwise???

Within the next few days you'll receive an email about going for medicals and that is pretty routine. They checked your hearing, blood pressure, lumps in the breasts, spine etc.

And then you just wait for the magical day.

hzs10
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri, 13 Mar 2015

Re: silkair interview

Postby hzs10 » Fri, 13 Mar 2015 2:52 pm

mzchoccie wrote:I'll talk about the silk air one then? Since the sia interview process is quite infamous already.

So for silkair, you enter a small room that has full wall mirrors on 3 walls. There are 2 groups of 10 chairs. One group is where you wait to be called to the front so they could check your certs and they'll ask you some questions eg. notice period. Then you sit in the other group. They'll wait till they get enough people in 1 group before moving into another room for the group interview.

Before the group interview, everyone will be called and asked to line up, to get your height measured and do the reach test. During the group interview, they just asked us to introduce ourselves and also tell why you want to be a cabin crew. For some, especially crew or ex-crew of other airlines, they'll ask more questions when it's your turn.

After that, we went outside the room and waited for the lucky ones who moved on the next round. Around 5 minutes to wait.

Then you proceed to yet another room for uniform fitting. Some people get to choose the uniform size, others the staff will choose for you. Then just do a normal walk back and forth and then they will check you for scars and any weird stuff - arms, legs, neck, back?

Then an interviewer will take you into a room for a 1-to-1 interview. This is like a normal interview I guess?

For some, the management round will be on the day itself, others on a different day.

During management, there will be 3 interviewers. You will all be seated with some space between applicants and interviewers. One by one, you'll be called to the front and asked various questions. And that is all. While it is another person's turn, it is common courtesy to give all your attention to them. I was sitting beside this rude boorish girl who couldn't read the situation. I don't know how she got through. She was yawning, fiddling with her purse, rolling her eyes etc.

At the end, one interviewer will speak and talk more about the company and you are also allowed to ask questions. I was told the take home pay was in the range of 2.5k to 3k. People I know say otherwise???

Within the next few days you'll receive an email about going for medicals and that is pretty routine. They checked your hearing, blood pressure, lumps in the breasts, spine etc.

And then you just wait for the magical day.

Thank you for sharing! I am gg to the sia interview tmw and am really nervous. I hope i can get in if not i will consider silkair! But i really want to get into sia because i prefer their uniform than silkair one! Whatever just pray all good lucks will be on my side tmw!

mzchoccie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun, 09 Sep 2012

Re: silkair interview

Postby mzchoccie » Fri, 13 Mar 2015 3:09 pm

I know exactly how you feel. I applied for sq 3 years ago right after uni. After failing twice, I received a job offer and I've been working at my current job for 3 years now. But I've always wanted to be a cabin crew. I never thought of silk air until recently because silk air has no layovers. BUT now they've got 1. Just 1. Which is Cairns, Australia. I actually applied for scoot last year but didn't do their video interview because I had second thoughts - the uniform and the low pay. My sister recently got into silk air after tagging along with her friend. She had no intention to join but got in anyway (her friend was out at the first round). I really was adamant to apply for a "budget" airline so I applied for silk air.

I do want to know though, if they will get back to you regardless of the results. Because I haven't heard from them since medicals. I heard they take weeks to get back to you.

hzs10
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri, 13 Mar 2015

Re: silkair interview

Postby hzs10 » Fri, 13 Mar 2015 3:30 pm

mzchoccie wrote:I know exactly how you feel. I applied for sq 3 years ago right after uni. After failing twice, I received a job offer and I've been working at my current job for 3 years now. But I've always wanted to be a cabin crew. I never thought of silk air until recently because silk air has no layovers. BUT now they've got 1. Just 1. Which is Cairns, Australia. I actually applied for scoot last year but didn't do their video interview because I had second thoughts - the uniform and the low pay. My sister recently got into silk air after tagging along with her friend. She had no intention to join but got in anyway (her friend was out at the first round). I really was adamant to apply for a "budget" airline so I applied for silk air.

I do want to know though, if they will get back to you regardless of the results. Because I haven't heard from them since medicals. I heard they take weeks to get back to you.

I applied for scoot also! Havent do their video interview. Planning to do after tmw's interview. Igraduated from uni last year and have been looking for job till now and b4 i graduate i ard wanted to become a cabin crew but i know it is hard. However i have stay firm and decided to apply until i am successful!

Btw layover is u get to stay in that country u fly to for a few days? Silkair only do turnaround flight? Do u know scoot do only turnaround or they do have layover also? Sorry for so many qns. Btw all the best for the result! Hope u get in! Last qns! So ur sis in a cabin crew in silkair or still trainee?

mzchoccie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun, 09 Sep 2012

Re: silkair interview

Postby mzchoccie » Fri, 13 Mar 2015 3:42 pm

Yeah layover means you stay in that country. I don't know how many days. Silk air is mostly turnarounds. I heard for their layovers they don't share rooms. Scoot has layovers but you share a room.
Last edited by mzchoccie on Tue, 08 Sep 2015 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hzs10
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri, 13 Mar 2015

Re: silkair interview

Postby hzs10 » Fri, 13 Mar 2015 4:17 pm

mzchoccie wrote:Yeah layover means you stay in that country. I don't know how many days. Silk air is mostly turnarounds. I heard for their layovers they don't share rooms. Scoot has layovers but you share a room.

My sister is graduating soon. She's younger than me too. So if I'm in, she's my senior. Haha

I see! Keep me update whether u get in! Good lucks!(:

weinisa
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri, 12 Jun 2015

Re: silkair interview

Postby weinisa » Fri, 12 Jun 2015 4:26 pm

Anyone know if Silkair is very strict with height requirements?

haruee23
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 21 Jul 2015

Re: silkair interview

Postby haruee23 » Tue, 21 Jul 2015 9:04 pm

Hi anybody going for the walk in interview on 24 July this friday? :)

Joanne520
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 13 Aug 2015

Re: silkair interview

Postby Joanne520 » Thu, 13 Aug 2015 3:09 pm

I'm going to interview silkair on 28th August 2015 but I'm not sure they want to recruit Malaysian citizen or not ? Anyone know??

sam 123
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri, 25 Mar 2016

Re: silkair interview

Postby sam 123 » Mon, 28 Mar 2016 3:40 pm

Hi,

Any joined the Silkair interview on 26th feb? Did you guys receive any calls or emails from silkair regarding your pre-employment medical checkup on 2nd March?

They said will notify the result of medical checkup within 2 weeks.
BUT, till now I haven't receive any calls and email from them.
I have tried to email them, but no reply. :cry:

Can anybody know what's happening?

FYI, Im a Malaysian, is it take more time to proceed the document? (due to working permit?)

aspende
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun, 03 Apr 2016

Re: silkair interview

Postby aspende » Mon, 04 Apr 2016 12:07 am

Hi,

is there anyone here who would be trying out for the interview on Apr 15?

sam 123
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri, 25 Mar 2016

Re: silkair interview

Postby sam 123 » Mon, 04 Apr 2016 4:58 pm

aspende wrote:Hi,

is there anyone here who would be trying out for the interview on Apr 15?


Hi,
I dont think so.. Im still waiting their reply. Good luck :D

imstrawberry
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 08 Mar 2016

Re: silkair interview

Postby imstrawberry » Sat, 09 Apr 2016 5:11 pm

I saw a post about silkair FA salary, but is Year 2011, actually I don't understand what how they calculate "flying per hour" is there 0-50hrs is $4.05 den 51-75hrs is $8.00, so is $202.5 + $200 = $402.5 only??? or if i fly 70hours that months means I can 70hrs x $8.00?

Silk Air - Cabin Crew/Flight Stewardess Salary & Benefits
Basic Pay : $ 1200 - $1910 ( FSS ) , $1445 - $2310 ( Senior FSS )
Flying Per hour : 0-50hrs $4.05 , 51-75hrs $8.00 and 76-100hrs $10.80
Sector allowance : $ 8.70
Night flying allowance $30.00
Inflight meal allowance bfast $10.00 lunch $13.00, dinner $16.00
Transport $32.00 for day, $49.00 for night
Uniform allowance : $ 130 per month

pianoplayer
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu, 26 Jul 2012

Re: silkair interview

Postby pianoplayer » Tue, 19 Apr 2016 5:13 pm

hi dear it actually is a cut-off flying per hour. so once u hit 51 hours it will be $8/hr for that one hr. so if u have 75 hrs, it will be 50x5 =250 plus 25x8= 200.
hope that helps!

imstrawberry wrote:I saw a post about silkair FA salary, but is Year 2011, actually I don't understand what how they calculate "flying per hour" is there 0-50hrs is $4.05 den 51-75hrs is $8.00, so is $202.5 + $200 = $402.5 only??? or if i fly 70hours that months means I can 70hrs x $8.00?

Silk Air - Cabin Crew/Flight Stewardess Salary & Benefits
Basic Pay : $ 1200 - $1910 ( FSS ) , $1445 - $2310 ( Senior FSS )
Flying Per hour : 0-50hrs $4.05 , 51-75hrs $8.00 and 76-100hrs $10.80
Sector allowance : $ 8.70
Night flying allowance $30.00
Inflight meal allowance bfast $10.00 lunch $13.00, dinner $16.00
Transport $32.00 for day, $49.00 for night
Uniform allowance : $ 130 per month


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests