Singapore Expats

Executive Assistant / Office Admin job for DP holder

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
cathbthomsen

Executive Assistant / Office Admin job for DP holder

Post by cathbthomsen » Sun, 30 Mar 2014 4:17 pm

Hi everyone,

Was wondering if anybody can shed some light on Admin jobs for DP holders.

My husband has been relocated by his employer to their offices in Singapore and I will be joining him, however I have to give up my job here in Dubai and look for one in Singapore. I have excellent communication skills, very proficient in MS Office, I have 16 years of extensive administrative experience (all aspects of Admin areas).

I heard that the Singapore government has put in tight regulations to companies to prioritise locals and PR holders for job openings, so I'm a bit worried about finding a job there.

Appreciate any input.

Best regards.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 30 Mar 2014 4:36 pm

They can be found but it might take 3 to 6 months. The biggest problem is not getting discouraged. You will also probably be only offered local rates which will probably be like a slap in the face with a wet prayer shawl. I'm talking 1.8 to 2.5K/mo
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers