Singapore Expats

Ride-Sharing (Mitfahren)

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Mexikaner
Regular
Regular

Ride-Sharing (Mitfahren)

Post by Mexikaner » Fri, 28 Mar 2014 11:26 am

Hola!

have any of guys you heard of "ride-sharing" or "road-sharing" in this region?

it's a very common thing in Europe. When living in Germany I travelled to many places by ride-sharing (mitfahrgelegenheit.de, if interested while on your Europe trip). You just pay your share of all toll fees and gas.

Is there any local website where people post their up-coming car trips asking if anyone would like to join? e.g., Singapore-KL by car? or Singapore-KL-Bangkok?

Thanks for the input!

Cheers!
"Lebe deinen Traum"

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Ride-Sharing (Mitfahren)

Post by the lynx » Fri, 28 Mar 2014 2:08 pm

Mexikaner wrote:Hola!

have any of guys you heard of "ride-sharing" or "road-sharing" in this region?

it's a very common thing in Europe. When living in Germany I travelled to many places by ride-sharing (mitfahrgelegenheit.de, if interested while on your Europe trip). You just pay your share of all toll fees and gas.

Is there any local website where people post their up-coming car trips asking if anyone would like to join? e.g., Singapore-KL by car? or Singapore-KL-Bangkok?

Thanks for the input!

Cheers!
Came across this when I was answering another thread about carpooling to work.

http://www.sharetransport.sg/

Never tried it before personally but would be great if someone can have a review about it.

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Fri, 28 Mar 2014 3:42 pm

I don't think it will ever take off in Singapore (too small!), but other countries in the region have (commercial) shared taxi services that serve the same purpose (but, being costlier than buses, I don't really see the point of it).