Singapore Expats

help for frizzy hair

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Serendipitysays

help for frizzy hair

Post by Serendipitysays » Thu, 27 Mar 2014 4:41 pm

Help for frizzy hair anyone - The humd weather aint helping. I did the keratin treatment twice but now that its banned I am back on the forum for help!!

uscate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by uscate » Thu, 27 Mar 2014 5:32 pm

I don't know where you got the idea that keratin treatments are banned - maybe the ones with formaldehyde, but there are many (better) formulas out there. I've been going to Style by Louis at The Central at Clarke Quay. Right on top of the Clarke Quay MRT stop. They offer several different keratin treatments with somewhat different outcomes (mildly curly, wavy, perfectly straight). These treatments typically last about 3 months. Style by Louis has a deal where you can buy 4 treatments for a discounted price.

I really like Louis - he's a young guy and is very personable. I'd recommend them in a heartbeat.

Good luck!

Serendipitysays

Post by Serendipitysays » Fri, 28 Mar 2014 11:09 am

Thank you so much !!Im off to see Louis soon !!!!!

uscate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by uscate » Fri, 28 Mar 2014 11:13 am

Terrific! I hope you love your "new" hair as much as I do mine! :lol:

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Wed, 23 Apr 2014 8:11 pm

steventressa wrote:...As opposed to putting cash in futile items, you can take a stab at being proactive about dodging frizz!
such as.... (shaving one's head?)
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Thu, 24 Apr 2014 9:51 am

have you tried argan oil yet? I have been having frizzy hair of late so I picked the gf's argan oil bottle and gave it a try, it seems to soften my hair and no frizz. :cool:
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

londonyc

Post by londonyc » Sun, 27 Apr 2014 12:34 pm

I suffer from frizzy hair without this weather but in the 3 weeks I've been here I've never seen my hair this dry! I try to use natural ingredients, Argan oil is great as mentioned but best if it's 100% pure. I've tried Moroccan oil which gives great results but I think overtime is not so good for your hair. I recently picked up Burt's Bees pre-shampoo mask that can also be used as a styling aid. I liked it after one try so went back to get the moisture shampoo. You can find them in Sephora.

Joy_fun

Post by Joy_fun » Fri, 27 Jun 2014 11:36 am

try argan oil or use a pillow case that is made of silk to remove the frizz when you wake up!