Singapore Expats

LTVP , can it be upgraded to LTVP + ?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 08 May 2014 2:45 pm

Write a + on your card.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 08 May 2014 3:01 pm

Senthil Nathan wrote:I am not upset neither by rules nor by eligibility . If I have to meet the requirements , I will . I am just checking if any other option available ( as per ICA ) re my situation which I may not know.
That would have been called a loophole :P

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 08 May 2014 6:20 pm

You haven't said how long you have been married for.

Senthil Nathan

Post by Senthil Nathan » Fri, 09 May 2014 12:43 pm

I find it very bad when someone is asking for advice and others try to show off . I have mentioned very clearly ' AS PER ICA ' and then also how could it possibly to have an intention for finding a loophole. Please understand , I am here to find solution under the criteria set up the ICA and not for 'greasing someone's hand ' or finding a ' loophole' . ' Write +' , what a joke . Some people find fun in others' misery .I am here to ask for a genuine / proper answer from people who might have underwent the same situation . If no such provision is available , then how difficult is to say NO. If I have to wait ,I'll wait. Please do understand , all individual have their own situation.

Senthil Nathan

Post by Senthil Nathan » Fri, 09 May 2014 1:13 pm

Hi ,
Just over a year of our marriage.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 09 May 2014 2:07 pm

Senthil Nathan
- 'I understand that for LTVP + it is mandatory to be either married for min 3 years or a SG born child from the marriage is the surest way .
- I am just checking if any other option available ( as per ICA ) re my situation which I may not know.
- how could it possibly to have an intention for finding a loophole.
- [Q. Married how long?] A. Just over a year of our marriage'.

--------

The options are as published by ICA. There are NO other ways. Hence the comment/s above, re: loopholes.

So the answer (again), is no.

What you will find is that if you're still here after three years of marriage, and you renew your LTVP again, there will be a box on the form marked 'Do you want to automatically be considered for an LTVP+?'.

This happened to me last time, and despite not expecting to require the '+', it's nice keeping options open. So I ticked it, and it (quite surprisingly) got granted.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 09 May 2014 2:39 pm

Senthil Nathan wrote:I am not upset neither by rules nor by eligibility . If I have to meet the requirements , I will . I am just checking if any other option available ( as per ICA ) re my situation which I may not know.
Senthil Nathan wrote:as per my discussion with an officer at ICA , I understand that for LTVP + it is mandatory to be either married for min 3 years or a SG born child from the marriage is the surest way .
It would seem you already had your answer and you came here hoping against hope that we would know something that the ICA Officer you spoke didn't know. :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

triste
Regular
Regular

Post by triste » Fri, 09 May 2014 5:23 pm

With all due respect, SMS, I would think that as a spouse of a citizen you'd be a little more sympathetic on this issue. Fact is, until spouses of SG citizens are treated at minimum equally to Dependent Pass holders, people are going to question it because it just doesn't compute.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 09 May 2014 6:44 pm

It took me 11 years and 3 separate attempts to gain PR. Don't tell me about the anxiety and aggravation here. Been there, done that, and had to have the patience of Job in order to get it. (and had two Singaporean children who were already in school by that time).

You need to remember one basic thing that all seem to be forgetting. The government as always been a nanny state to the point of the citizens expecting it, nay, demanding it. So, when the state tried to protect it's citizens from foreigners who marry locals "only" to gain PR here, they tend to get strict as it has happened very often if not more times than not. Especially when a local marries a foreign 3rd world man or woman as in a large percentage of times the foreigner is only looking for a ticket out of their country. AND, once they get PR via family ties, then they tend to divorce within a year or two after getting same. The government is trying to prevent that from happening to it's citizens as most here are extremely naive.

However, the government doesn't give a damn about Dependents of EP holders as their stay here is wholly dependent on the EP holder and all they have to do is not renew the EP or even cancel it if they want. They understand the frustration of locals with foreign spouses and the hardship is presents, but in view of the problems that have occurred in the past, they have at least lightened up somewhat but are still making it hard for the foreigner to take advantage of the local (which apparently is easy to do).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

yogaloungeforever
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yogaloungeforever » Sun, 11 May 2014 3:59 pm

SMS is Singapore really a nanny state? My retired parents are gettting 100% subsidised health care be it in government or private health providers back in KL but here, I have been told it's not 100% subsidised! Retirees will still have to fork out money for their hospital or clinic visits

sundaymorningstaple wrote:....... The government as always been a nanny state to the point of the citizens expecting it, nay, demanding it.
Life is short hence I live it to its fullest, that is .... I eat and sleep