Singapore Expats

LTVP , can it be upgraded to LTVP + ?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Senthil Nathan

LTVP , can it be upgraded to LTVP + ?

Post by Senthil Nathan » Wed, 26 Mar 2014 12:11 pm

Hi , I find posts available on this forum very useful for people who see Singapore as their prospect for professional as well as financial upgradation.
I am an Indian married to SG girl. Recently I have decided to settle in SG.

At present I am in SG looking out for job. I have Master's in International business ( Foreign trade) and have 5 years of related experience in managerial position.
I applied for LTVP and waiting for the result.

My question is , if a company is willing to offer me a job but its quota for employing foreigner is over , what could be the next ? Can I , based on the offer letter provided upgrade LTVP into LTVP +?

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 26 Mar 2014 12:17 pm

If you qualify based on qualifications below, then you can.

http://www.ica.gov.sg/news_details.aspx?nid=12665

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 26 Mar 2014 12:34 pm

Recently I have decided to settle in SG

So let me see if I understand this. You are married to a Singapore female, but you haven't been living here? Do I have this right?

I think you are screwed but maybe more information from you will be illuminating.

rdueej
Regular
Regular

Re: LTVP , can it be upgraded to LTVP + ?

Post by rdueej » Wed, 26 Mar 2014 1:40 pm

Senthil Nathan wrote:Hi , I find posts available on this forum very useful for people who see Singapore as their prospect for professional as well as financial upgradation.

At present I am in SG looking out for job. I have Master's in International business ( Foreign trade) and have 5 years of related experience in managerial position.

My question is , if a company is willing to offer me a job but its quota for employing foreigner is over , what could be the next ? Can I , based on the offer letter provided upgrade LTVP into LTVP +?
Couples who have at least one Singaporean child from their marriage will be eligible to apply for the LTVP+. For those without a Singapore Citizen child, ICA will look at other factors such as the duration of marriage, and will in general consider more favourably those who have been married for at least three years.
( http://www.ica.gov.sg/news_details.aspx?nid=12665 )
'eligible to apply' are the keywords. Even if you satisfy the application criteria, they can still reject based on other factors (such as salary of sponsor).

First wait for your LTVP application to be processed.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 26 Mar 2014 2:14 pm

Senthil Nathan wrote:Hi , I find posts available on this forum very useful for people who see Singapore as their prospect for professional as well as financial upgradation.

I'd reject just for creating the word "upgradation". :Puke:

I am a complete loss as to how someone with such poor English skills can have 'masters in international business'.

AngMoG
Reporter
Reporter

Post by AngMoG » Wed, 26 Mar 2014 4:02 pm

Senthil Nathan wrote: My question is , if a company is willing to offer me a job but its quota for employing foreigner is over , what could be the next ? Can I , based on the offer letter provided upgrade LTVP into LTVP +?
I think you have it confused. You can apply for an LTVP/LTVP+ with ICA, and if they feel like it based on certain criteria, you will get LTVP+. Otherwise, you'd just get LTVP. You can try to re-apply maybe after a year or two (not sure how it works), but it is up to ICA to give you LTVP+ or not.

In the meantime, you'll have to work on EP basis.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 26 Mar 2014 5:06 pm

Married at least 3 years or 2 years with a child is the surest way.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Senthil Nathan

Post by Senthil Nathan » Thu, 27 Mar 2014 11:52 am

Thank you all for replying. Some people are pretty good in "comprehending" others' ability . I posted my query to seek advice /answer ,which I got . I never care about anything/anyone else.

moiqbal

Post by moiqbal » Fri, 28 Mar 2014 8:10 am

Hi Senthil... I am in the same situation as yours ... btw is your wife working because only then you can get LTVP right

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 28 Mar 2014 8:42 am

moiqbal wrote:Hi Senthil... I am in the same situation as yours ... btw is your wife working because only then you can get LTVP right
moiqbal,

Your local spouse would also need to be able to show three years tax assessments showing an income level of somewhere around $3.5~4K/mo basic salary before the LTVP will be given. The LTVP+ will have to wait as I noted above. If the company doesn't have quota for an S Pass, you will need to get at least a minimum of $4K/mo but if you have 5 years experience, you would probably need a minimum salary offer of ~5K/mo to obtain an EP (and there is no guarantee on that as it's not uncommon to S Pass holders with 6K salaries. Hope you married for the right reasons. :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Senthil Nathan

Post by Senthil Nathan » Thu, 08 May 2014 12:43 pm

I got LTVP for a year. Also as per my discussion with an officer at ICA , I understand that for LTVP + it is mandatory to be either married for min 3 years or a SG born child from the marriage is the surest way .
I am having an offer from SG based company , but since they don't have any foreigner intake quota available with them at present , they asked me to wait.
Any advise how should I proceed about it ? I don't want to wait longer.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 08 May 2014 1:55 pm

Did you meet any of the requirement you just listed? No? Too bad. You are crap out of luck. Them's the breaks. That's why they have those requirements listed, to stop people from asking. So, get used to waiting. This isn't your home country where you can just grease a few palms and overcome all obstacles.

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by bro75 » Thu, 08 May 2014 2:11 pm

Cannot wait? Tonight is the night, then ... start the baby making! or
Apply for a position that can get you an EP at more than 4K salary, which will not be under a quota.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 08 May 2014 2:28 pm

^This too. But sometimes even a better job will not help, depending on other factors .

Senthil Nathan

Post by Senthil Nathan » Thu, 08 May 2014 2:30 pm

I am not upset neither by rules nor by eligibility . If I have to meet the requirements , I will . I am just checking if any other option available ( as per ICA ) re my situation which I may not know.