Singapore Expats

where can a man get a decent haircut here?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

where can a man get a decent haircut here?

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Tue, 25 Mar 2014 9:28 pm

...I'm not talking QB house nor one of those top end places offering haircuts at ridiculous prices.
I've had a real problem trying to tell barbers how to style my hair, the Asian hairstyles don't suit me and its not like I haven't tried different places but its all been in vain.
I've tried places in little India, absolutely great for a shave but useless for haircuts.
I am growing my hair in protest.. Its been 5 months now since I've cut my hair.
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

AngMoG
Reporter
Reporter

Re: where can a man get a decent haircut here?

Post by AngMoG » Tue, 25 Mar 2014 10:08 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:...I'm not talking QB house nor one of those top end places offering haircuts at ridiculous prices.
I've had a real problem trying to tell barbers how to style my hair, the Asian hairstyles don't suit me and its not like I haven't tried different places but its all been in vain.
I've tried places in little India, absolutely great for a shave but useless for haircuts.
You must look like a real hippie now ;)

I have tried some of those cheaper places around $20+ but realized quickly enough that the hair stylists seem to have no clue about cutting hair, nevermind European blonde hair.

In the end I gave up and went for the higher-end places. Costs more, but at least I got my hair cut properly. I went to Kelture by Aveda in Paragon in the end, cost me $45 each time.

Beeroclock
Reporter
Reporter

Re: where can a man get a decent haircut here?

Post by Beeroclock » Tue, 25 Mar 2014 10:33 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:...I'm not talking QB house nor one of those top end places offering haircuts at ridiculous prices.
what's wrong with Qb house? You can't beat a soothing vacuum cleaner head massage :lol:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 25 Mar 2014 10:47 pm

Headblade.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 25 Mar 2014 10:58 pm

I used a place in Orchard Towers for years. $18 and she always gave me a good Ang Moh haircut. She was on the third floor. As you come up the escalator, her place would be on the right, next door to a women's clothing shop. Turn right off the escalator and right again.

Beeroclock
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Beeroclock » Tue, 25 Mar 2014 11:08 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:I used a place in Orchard Towers for years. $18 and she always gave me a good Ang Moh haircut. She was on the third floor. As you come up the escalator, her place would be on the right, next door to a women's clothing shop. Turn right off the escalator and right again.
OT haircut :shock: better write down the directions carefully, dont want to end up in the wrong place

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Tue, 25 Mar 2014 11:11 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:I used a place in Orchard Towers for years. $18 and she always gave me a good Ang Moh haircut. She was on the third floor. As you come up the escalator, her place would be on the right, next door to a women's clothing shop. Turn right off the escalator and right again.
orchard towers eh? You sure there were no ulterior motives than the need for an innocent haircut? :lol:

BedokAmerican
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BedokAmerican » Wed, 26 Mar 2014 7:10 am

http://ec-house.com.sg/locations/
Have you looked at EC House? I've been there with my son several times to the Bedok Mall location and my husband has been there for haircuts as well. No complaints. Locations are all over Sg. However, it's set up similar to QB House. (Pay $10 through the machine, get a card, wait in a line/queue).

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 26 Mar 2014 7:22 am

I haven't checked out ec house yet, but I'm afraid to offer 5 months of my long well grown hair to that place in exchange for a 10$ hair cut.
I'm planning to grow it long but I want it to be trimmed a little bit but the last time I mentioned the word trimmed a little bit the guy chopped off a lot.
:cry:

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 26 Mar 2014 9:18 am

rajagainstthemachine wrote:
orchard towers eh? You sure there were no ulterior motives than the need for an innocent haircut? :lol:
I'm not saying what happened before of after... but I did get a good haircut.